View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 8:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Chris Carter on ESPN... 
Junior Varsity

Post Chris Carter on ESPN...
Is it just me, or is this guy a complete douche bag?

September 8th, 2013, 12:19 pm
League MVP

Post Re: Chris Carter on ESPN...
WestCoastLionsFan wrote:

not just you, he s stuck in the late 1990s and only cares about himself, wide receivers, Vikings

September 8th, 2013, 12:51 pm
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
WestCoastLionsFan wrote:

not just you, he s stuck in the late 1990s and only cares about himself, wide receivers, Vikings

It's definitely not just you. Cris Carter just can't accept that there are other receivers playing the game today that make him look like nothing more than a mediocre player. He had a great career, but just can't get past the fact that players like Fitzgerald, CJ and Roddy White would embarrass him if he were on the field today. He was good IN HIS DAY, but his day has passed.

I think he should be taken off the air. His opinions and projections are garbage.

September 8th, 2013, 6:19 pm
National Champion

m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:
WestCoastLionsFan wrote:

It's definitely not just you. Cris Carter just can't accept that there are other receivers playing the game today that make him look like nothing more than a mediocre player. He had a great career, but just can't get past the fact that players like Fitzgerald, CJ and Roddy White would embarrass him if he were on the field today. He was good IN HIS DAY, but his day has passed.

I think he should be taken off the air. His opinions and projections are garbage.

Agreed.

Chris Carter was a good WR, and is, currently, a below average commentator (at best) with outdated and, often, piss poor opinions.

September 8th, 2013, 9:43 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

A self centered WR...? Kind of an oxymoron. RB's usually are very complementary of their O line, giving them all kinds of praise and gifts, because no O line blocking, no RB running. The same is true for the WR's. No O line blocking, no time for QB to pass, no WR catching a pass. For some reason beyond me WR's tend to think it is all about them.

BTW, everyone on a football team can make a name by making great individual plays, except the O linemen. The O line functions as a whole unit, meaning they function in anonymity. Almost the only time you learn an O lineman's name is when he screws up. (There are exceptions.) It is important for the skill players (meaning those who don't have to block every play) to acknowledge the debt they owe to the O linemen for their success... and huge freaking paychecks.

Blueskies is my hero. I worship the ground he walks on.

September 9th, 2013, 7:52 am
3rd Round Selection

I watched some tape on Collinsworth. I wasn't impressed. :wink:

September 9th, 2013, 8:08 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Is it just me or are there no good NFL TV announcers/analysts? I don't want to sound like an old man, but all I hear when I turn on the TV audio is blatantly obvious "analysis," stupid cliches, and hype. Fox is the worst offender but CBS/NBC aren't much better.

September 9th, 2013, 9:36 am
QB Coach

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Is it just me or are there no good NFL TV announcers/analysts? I don't want to sound like an old man, but all I hear when I turn on the TV audio is blatantly obvious "analysis," stupid cliches, and hype. Fox is the worst offender but CBS/NBC aren't much better.

I think Cris Collinsworth is really good. He's the best one in my opinion.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

September 9th, 2013, 11:29 am
Hall of Fame Player

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

I think Cris Collinsworth is really good. He's the best one in my opinion.

I can't stand Collinsworth as a play by play guy. He is better in his roll on inside the NFL on HBO.

September 9th, 2013, 11:54 am
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:

And...

thelomasbrowns wrote:

I couldn't agree more! Particularly with the lesser known announcers. In an attempt to be 'edgy' and make a name for themselves all they've done is become obnoxious and argumentative. It's really gotten out of hand.

September 9th, 2013, 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

I really like John Lynch and Brian Baldinger as announcers. Solomon Wilcots from CBS is a pretty likeable guy too.

Now Joe Buck, that's a different story. I hate how FOX pushes him and Aikman as their big show guys like they're really any different from the others. They're far more annoying and haven't really earned that spot.

September 9th, 2013, 10:33 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Ian Eagle and Boomer Esiason are the best in the business IMHO.

September 9th, 2013, 10:42 pm
League MVP

a little derailed here but i hate the lions game combo of thom brennan (sp?) and brian billick. these guys arent even accurate describing what just happened on a play ie was the pass complete or incomplete. thom had a few incomplete nonsensical sentences and the only thing billick said that i thought had any value was when he criticized fauria for spiking away his 1st NFL TD ball.

September 10th, 2013, 1:15 am
National Champion

While we're talking about douchebag TV sportscasters, I'd like to throw Stephen A. Smith's name in the mix. With a mix of arrogance and unprofessionalism, he's the complete package.

September 10th, 2013, 8:47 am
NFL Veteran

Sam Rosen and Heath Evans for the game this Sunday. Enjoy.

September 10th, 2013, 11:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]