View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 7:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I think we need to devise a strategy.... 
Hall of Fame Player

Post I think we need to devise a strategy....
for when we play Philly.

Philly is destroying the Redskins with their offense.

I think we need to use 2 defensive lines when we play them and alternate each line every other defensive series so we can keep them fresh.

We should probably have Suh anchor the 1st line and Fairley anchor the other line.

If we still had SLH, I would suggest using a 5 man D-line the whole game to destroy the Philly O-line every play.

September 9th, 2013, 10:24 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: I think we need to devise a strategy....
BillySims wrote:
for when we play Philly.

I think we need to use 2 defensive lines when we play them and alternate each line every other defensive series so we can keep them fresh.

We should probably have Suh anchor the 1st line and Fairley anchor the other line.

If we still had SLH, I would suggest using a 5 man D-line the whole game to destroy the Philly O-line every play.

September 9th, 2013, 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

LionFan57 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
for when we play Philly.

OK. So you can mock my ideas. But where are your ideas smarty pants?

September 9th, 2013, 10:41 pm
NFL Veteran

Billy the Redskins gave up 184 yards rushing to just McCoy today. The Lions held the best RB in the NFL to 93 yards rushing and thats with the 78 yards they gave up on the one freak play on MIN's first play of the game. I think it's a little premature to be trying to change up the defensive scheme.

September 10th, 2013, 12:38 am
RIP Killer

rao wrote:
Billy the Redskins gave up 184 yards rushing to just McCoy today. The Lions held the best RB in the NFL to 93 yards rushing and thats with the 78 yards they gave up on the one freak play on MIN's first play of the game. I think it's a little premature to be trying to change up the defensive scheme.

Yeah, but Billy wanted to change up the D scheme after that first play as well... :lol:

September 10th, 2013, 1:04 am
Profile WWW
3rd Round Selection

The Eagles will have played, what, 13 games by the time we face them.

That's 13 games for us to review and get a handle on their scheme. 13 games for McCoy and Vick to have taken some serious punishment (if they carry on as they did last night).

I don't think it's quite time to panic just yet.

September 10th, 2013, 3:44 am
National Champion

UK Lion wrote:
The Eagles will have played, what, 13 games by the time we face them.

That's 13 games for us to review and get a handle on their scheme. 13 games for McCoy and Vick to have taken some serious punishment (if they carry on as they did last night).

I don't think it's quite time to panic just yet.

Yeah. Plus we'll be out of the playoff picture by then anyway...

Oh, sorry, that was knee jerk reaction, I'm just so used to that being the case.

September 10th, 2013, 9:22 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
for when we play Philly.

Billy...the Redskins played like dog poop in that game, and it was still close at the end. Washington kept the Philly offense in check the entire second half, pretty much. I wouldn't be concerned.

Philly has this high tempo offense....but that late into the season I can't see them keeping the same tempo.

Sit down, smoke a Marlboro, drink some scotch....and relax.

September 10th, 2013, 12:24 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Yeah, it wasn't the offensive schemes that screwed the redskins in the first half, it was the 3 turnovers and safety that put them in the hole and forced the defense to play a lot in that faster pace. RG3 isn't healthy. They're running the read option without the option, so they're going to be closer to the 3-6 Redskins of last season than the 7-0 Redskins of the end of the season.

September 10th, 2013, 12:55 pm
Butkus Award Winner

njroar wrote:
Yeah, it wasn't the offensive schemes that screwed the redskins in the first half, it was the 3 turnovers and safety that put them in the hole and forced the defense to play a lot in that faster pace. RG3 isn't healthy. They're running the read option without the option, so they're going to be closer to the 3-6 Redskins of last season than the 7-0 Redskins of the end of the season.

This. One of RG3s legs looked deflated, and Morris's two bonehead fumbles dont help anything.

September 10th, 2013, 1:12 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

It's the opposing offenses not the defenses that are going to slow down the Chip Kelly offense. If they can't get on the field they can't wear a defense out. This is the K-Gun offense of the early '90s with better athletes (not talent) and a few run option plays mixed in. It's not this revolutionary offensive idea nobody has ever seen before, the Patriots were even more uptempo the last few seasons. How did teams beat the K-Gun and Patriots? They controlled the clock and forced mistakes. Who's QBing the Eagles? Maybe one of the worst QBs when it comes to reading defenses and making mistakes. Also lets not forget Jackson is frail and will more than liklely get dinged up being on the field more often.

I feel if Detroit can build on last week and continually improve their running game they need to go more uptempo on offense. Imagine a defense having to chase Calvin and Reggie up, down, and all over the field and then get popped in the mouth by Bell. Throw in Fauria stretching the seam if he continues to shine they should see Broyles, Burleson, and Edwards killing the underneath stuff and moving the chains deflating defenses in the process.

September 10th, 2013, 2:04 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

How about a strategy to beat Zona first?

September 10th, 2013, 2:34 pm
League MVP

delete

Last edited by The Legend on September 10th, 2013, 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

September 10th, 2013, 3:34 pm
League MVP

thelomasbrowns wrote:
How about a strategy to beat Zona first?

winner winner chicken dinner

September 10th, 2013, 3:35 pm
Hall of Fame Player

At the time I posted this topic, I was away from my radio and Washington hadn't started their comeback yet. Glad to see that Philly's offense petered out. But, it's really more than just Philly. It won't be long and the huddle will be a thing of the past and I think using 2 Different D-lines will become common practice.

September 10th, 2013, 5:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next