View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 10:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Rookie Watch. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Rookie Watch.
I just looked at the Lions roster and noticed that we have 8 rookies on the 53 man roster and 5 of them are playing key rolls for us.

1. Ansah - In the regular DE rotation.
2. Fauria - More targets than Pettigrew in Game 1.
3. Martin - Does all the punts and Kicks off.
4. Riddick - I think he was inactive for game 1.
5. Slay - Starting #2 CB - Won't take long and he will be the #1 CB.
6. Taylor - I didn't hear his name called, ( I listened on Sirius/XM Radio to game 1.) Did he play?
7. Waddle - I don't think he played. Not sure if he was in the active 46.
8. Warford - Starter RG. Radio guys credited him with opening a couple of huge holes for Reggie.

Game 1 impressions of the rookies:

1. Ansah - he got some pressures. But, nothing too impressive. I think he was credited with half a sack.
2. Fauria - Very impressed 1 game, 1 TD.
3. Martin - started rough, finished strong.
4. Slay - About what I expected from a rookie CB in his 1st game.
5. Warford - This is the guy I wanted the Lions to get in the 3rd round and was thrilled that they got him. I am even more thrilled that in the 1st game at least, he is doing as well as I could have hoped for.

September 11th, 2013, 12:16 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Rookie Watch.
Waddle was inactive.

Slay was given a proper NFL welcome....and was benched for his poor play for a bit. This is learning curve stuff, I think he'll be alright in the long run.

Ansah had a couple of good plays, and a few Meh plays, and an offsides call.

Furia needs to take all of Petts recieveing plays. Pett is my least favorite lion. he should be used for blocking situations only moving forward.

Man did the pressue of being in the NFL get to Martin early! He was AWFUL...but he pulled his head out of his rump by the end of the game. a muffed FG placement, a couple of BAD punts, but really nailed a beauty at the end.

Warford looks good, but remember that the Vikes best Tackle was not playing. Warford did solid against his backup...

September 11th, 2013, 12:24 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

BillySims wrote:
I just looked at the Lions roster and noticed that we have 8 rookies on the 53 man roster and 5 of them are playing key rolls for us.

Riddick was active but only took ST snaps I believe.

September 11th, 2013, 1:19 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

regularjoe12 wrote:
Warford looks good, but remember that the Vikes best Tackle was not playing. Warford did solid against his backup...

I saw some crazy stat that like 80% of our running yards went to the right side of the line. I'd say that's a pretty good start.

September 11th, 2013, 1:22 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:

1. Ansah - In the regular DE rotation.
2. Fauria - More targets than Pettigrew in Game 1.
3. Martin - Does all the punts and Kicks off.
5. Slay - Starting #2 CB - Won't take long and he will be the #1 CB.
6. Taylor - I didn't hear his name called, ( I listened on Sirius/XM Radio to game 1.) Did he play?
7. Waddle - I don't think he played. Not sure if he was in the active 46.
8. Warford - Starter RG. Radio guys credited him with opening a couple of huge holes for Reggie.

Game 1 impressions of the rookies:

1. Ansah - he got some pressures. But, nothing too impressive. I think he was credited with half a sack.
2. Fauria - Very impressed 1 game, 1 TD.
3. Martin - started rough, finished strong.
4. Slay - About what I expected from a rookie CB in his 1st game.
5. Warford - This is the guy I wanted the Lions to get in the 3rd round and was thrilled that they got him. I am even more thrilled that in the 1st game at least, he is doing as well as I could have hoped for.

Riddick was active, but saw no time as an offensive player. Taylor was inactive, I believe.

September 11th, 2013, 6:02 pm
QB Coach

Is there any reason why bet hes through (Pettigrew) shouldn't be trade bait to some team that needs a TE? NE could use one, and I think the only thing he brings to the table is blocking ability at this point. Anyone else think this way?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 11th, 2013, 9:34 pm
QB Coach

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Is there any reason why bet hes through (Pettigrew) shouldn't be trade bait to some team that needs a TE? NE could use one, and I think the only thing he brings to the table is blocking ability at this point. Anyone else think this way?

The reason is that Fauria has had 1 good game. It's a bit early to be pulling the trigger on any trades just yet. But I agree that Pett should be part of a conversation of players who could be available. So in that sense, sure. But let's make sure we have a viable TE before we trade away Pett.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

September 11th, 2013, 9:52 pm
NFL Veteran

WarEr4Christ wrote:

His blocking ability is so much better than the Fauria and Sheff there is no way they let him go this year. It's only been one game, there is no telling how well the Oline is going to hold up and if they have any issues Pett is really going to be needed. As frustrating as he is he still has value to the team and I would just ride out his contract then let him walk after the season.

September 11th, 2013, 9:59 pm
RIP Killer

If any TE is trade bait, it's scheffler

September 11th, 2013, 11:20 pm
League MVP

WarEr4Christ wrote:

even if he never catches another pass for the lions he s by bar the best blocking TE on the team. They are basically using him as a FB with the way he s lining up at times and saving a roster spot. with all the screen plays they run/ran, he s very valuable as one of the better blockers in space and also functioning as an extra pass blocker/tackle at times. prior to the fox injury there was a play where hilliard came onto the field as a 3rd tackle but later in the game pettigrew essentially filled that role also. not only do i think he wont get traded, i think the lions will be re signing/extending him. now, why he/they cant solve this ball security issue is another story

September 12th, 2013, 2:01 am
League MVP

conversion02 wrote:

i would agree

September 12th, 2013, 2:02 am
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

i would agree

+1

Scheffler and Fauria are the same basic type of receiving TE. Pettigrew is considered more versatile.

Still...I wouldn't mind seeing Pettigrew dropping passes for some other team next season.

September 12th, 2013, 12:12 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

i would agree

+1

Scheffler and Fauria are the same basic type of receiving TE. Pettigrew is considered more versatile.

Still...I wouldn't mind seeing Pettigrew dropping passes for some other team next season.

All the more reason for us to try and trade him. even if we only get a 6th, or maybe back up LB'r or something that at least gives us value. I would personally prefer NOT to have Pett as a Lion next year.

September 12th, 2013, 1:37 pm
NFL Veteran

regularjoe12 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

i would agree

+1

All the more reason for us to try and trade him. even if we only get a 6th, or maybe back up LB'r or something that at least gives us value. I would personally prefer NOT to have Pett as a Lion next year.

They have no one to replace him, so getting a 6th rounder does nothing except hurt the team this season to have a guy on the practice squad next season. Even with his drops and the occasional fumble he still makes the team better when he's on the field. Next year they can hopefully find a better option in the draft or free agency which will allow them to let him walk.

September 12th, 2013, 2:49 pm
Walk On

Fauria is getting some good press... that's really cool.

September 12th, 2013, 3:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next