View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 12:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mikel Leshoure would welcome trade 
NFL Veteran

Post Mikel Leshoure would welcome trade
ESPN wrote:
Mikel Leshoure would welcome trade
Updated: September 15, 2013, 11:08 AM ET
By Adam Schefter | ESPN

Detroit Lions running back Mikel Leshoure would welcome a trade to a team that would rely on him more, a source told ESPN.

Leshoure was inactive in last week's season opener despite averaging 4.5 yards per carry this preseason. The former second-round draft pick currently is Detroit's third-string running back behind Reggie Bush and Joique Bell.

The Lions are a pass-oriented team, and although Leshoure can catch the ball out of the backfield, he would prefer to be on a team that runs the ball more often, according to the source.

Leshoure, who has accepted his role as a backup with the Lions, rushed for 798 yards and nine touchdowns as a rookie last season.

One possible destination for the 23-year-old Leshoure is the Indianapolis Colts, who lost Week 1 starter Vick Ballard to a season-ending knee injury. Colts owner Jim Irsay recently indicated on his Twitter account that Indianapolis will attempt to add a running back before the NFL's trade deadline.

PFT wrote:
Trading Mikel Leshoure could make sense for Lions, Colts
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 15, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT

The Lions haven’t had a very good return on their investment of a 2011 second-round draft pick in running back Mikel Leshoure. His rookie year was wiped out by a training camp injury, and although he showed some promise in 2012, gaining 798 yards, the Lions seem ready to move on with Reggie Bush as their starting running back and Joique Bell as their backup.

So it might make sense for the Lions to get a little return on their investment by trading Leshoure. And in the Colts, they may have the right trade partner.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that Leshoure would welcome a trade, and the Colts would make a lot of sense as the destination after owner Jim Irsay said his team will make a move to acquire a running back after Vick Ballard’s season-ending injury.

As long as Bush and Bell are healthy, the Lions aren’t going to get much out of Leshoure anyway. If the Colts are willing to give up anything of value for him, that would have to be viewed as a good move for the Lions.

I hope these rumors happen. Any value for Leshoure would be an amazing move by Mayhew.

September 15th, 2013, 12:42 pm
League MVP

Post Re: Mikel Leshoure would welcome trade
good luck finding a taker. id take a 7th. anything more is just gravy.

September 15th, 2013, 1:41 pm
All State

Shows how little work ethic and determination he really has. Ship this bum off. The only thing I don't like is not having a 3rd RB at that point if we trade him.

September 15th, 2013, 2:08 pm
QB Coach

DisgruntledFan wrote:
Shows how little work ethic and determination he really has. Ship this bum off. The only thing I don't like is not having a 3rd RB at that point if we trade him.

How does it show a lack of work ethic or determination? All it says is he's open to a trade. What player who is a backup wouldn't welcome a trade to a team that gives them a chance to play more?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

September 15th, 2013, 2:54 pm
NFL Veteran

DisgruntledFan wrote:

The Lions would still have a 3rd RB in Theo Riddick. Theo is a perfect fit skill wise to be the 3rd RB, he is a pint size Joique Bell with the ability to play the slot.

September 15th, 2013, 3:36 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

rao wrote:
DisgruntledFan wrote:

The Lions would still have a 3rd RB in Theo Riddick. Theo is a perfect fit skill wise to be the 3rd RB, he is a pint size Joique Bell with the ability to play the slot.

I know Owens will come back and have to be accounted for on the roster, but this could be an opening for Steven Miller as well.

September 15th, 2013, 3:58 pm
League MVP

DisgruntledFan wrote:

kevin smith is available...

September 15th, 2013, 7:59 pm
Junior Varsity

Not a Leshoure fan, and really like RB21, but he's been hurt two weeks in a row. I wouldn't trade Mikel just yet.

September 15th, 2013, 8:02 pm
Veteran General Manager

The Legend wrote:

You would make a horrible stock trader. You don't buy high and sell low.

September 15th, 2013, 8:02 pm
League MVP

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
DisgruntledFan wrote:

How does it show a lack of work ethic or determination? All it says is he's open to a trade. What player who is a backup wouldn't welcome a trade to a team that gives them a chance to play more?

shouldnt he say something like - im going to try to work my way into the lineup of the team that i am already on? lions brought me into this league and stuck by me after a bad injury and gave me tons of opportunities last season ( even though i was mostly ineffective)? if i do get traded thats part of the business but maybe it ll be to a team with a greater need for my skills. rather than im open to jumping ship and going somewhere else?

September 15th, 2013, 8:03 pm
League MVP

BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:

is this a serious post? what would you expect to get for Charles Rogers or Titus Young right now?

are you saying you expect no less than a 2nd rounder?

genius billy, btw nice showing in fantasy this week

Last edited by The Legend on September 15th, 2013, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 15th, 2013, 8:06 pm
Veteran General Manager

WestCoastLionsFan wrote:
Not a Leshoure fan, and really like RB21, but he's been hurt two weeks in a row. I wouldn't trade Mikel just yet.

Yeah and this week was the result of a Cardinal defender, can't remember the name of the player, dropping low and driving his shoulder into Bushes knee. No flag. Go figure. Probably won't get fined either because he isn't a Lion.

September 15th, 2013, 8:06 pm
League MVP

BillySims wrote:
WestCoastLionsFan wrote:

Yeah and this week was the result of a Cardinal defender, can't remember the name of the player, dropping low and driving his shoulder into Bushes knee. No flag. Go figure. Probably won't get fined either because he isn't a Lion.

makes no difference that bush was a running back carrying the ball rather than QB who released the ball or a lineman getting blindside blocked low?

again, solid work billy

September 15th, 2013, 8:09 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
DisgruntledFan wrote:

I think the fact he fumbles every 35 carries or so, and shows no emotion after makes him look bad. You can also point to the fact that he was outworked by every RB on the team as an indictment of his determination and work ethic.

September 15th, 2013, 8:11 pm
Veteran General Manager

The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:

is this a serious post? what would you expect to get for Charles Rogers or Titus Young right now?

are you saying you expect no less than a 2nd rounder?

genius billy, btw nice showing in fantasy this week

Well, Leshoure is neither Rogers or Young. Leshoure still has more value than 7th rounder. If no-one wants to give more than a 5th for him, then we should keep him until he becomes a free agent and maybe we can get a 4th round comp pick for him. Too many people are all too willing to give our players away and not get anything for them. A 7th rounder in return for a guy we traded away picks in order to move up to get and then burned the 2nd round pick on him. HECK NO! I'll take my chances on getting a comp pick for him. Maybe he signs with another team and lights it up.

September 15th, 2013, 8:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next