View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 6:47 am



Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Mikel Leshoure would welcome trade 
Author Message
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3875
Location: WSU
Post Re: Mikel Leshoure would welcome trade
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
good luck finding a taker. id take a 7th. anything more is just gravy.


You would make a horrible stock trader. You don't buy high and sell low.


is this a serious post? what would you expect to get for Charles Rogers or Titus Young right now?

are you saying you expect no less than a 2nd rounder?

genius billy, btw nice showing in fantasy this week


Well, Leshoure is neither Rogers or Young. Leshoure still has more value than 7th rounder. If no-one wants to give more than a 5th for him, then we should keep him until he becomes a free agent and maybe we can get a 4th round comp pick for him. Too many people are all too willing to give our players away and not get anything for them. A 7th rounder in return for a guy we traded away picks in order to move up to get and then burned the 2nd round pick on him. HECK NO! I'll take my chances on getting a comp pick for him. Maybe he signs with another team and lights it up.


i agree with you only if leshoure is better than a player we already have (riddick or miller) or someone else we can get off the street (kevin smith, kahlil bell, your fantasy pickups - michael turner and willis mcgahee). i doubt he s much better than any of those guys the only advantage being he had a training camp where he got some work in. if anybody thinks acquiring leshoure is going to solve there problems, bless there souls


September 15th, 2013, 8:16 pm
Profile
All State
User avatar

Joined: December 12th, 2008, 1:42 am
Posts: 354
Location: Michiana
Post Re: Mikel Leshoure would welcome trade
The Legend wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
DisgruntledFan wrote:
Shows how little work ethic and determination he really has. Ship this bum off. The only thing I don't like is not having a 3rd RB at that point if we trade him.

How does it show a lack of work ethic or determination? All it says is he's open to a trade. What player who is a backup wouldn't welcome a trade to a team that gives them a chance to play more?


shouldnt he say something like - im going to try to work my way into the lineup of the team that i am already on? lions brought me into this league and stuck by me after a bad injury and gave me tons of opportunities last season ( even though i was mostly ineffective)? if i do get traded thats part of the business but maybe it ll be to a team with a greater need for my skills. rather than im open to jumping ship and going somewhere else?


That's exactly what I mean. At least come out and give the usual "I just want an opportunity to play and show the coaches and the team what I can do to help them win" speech. By saying he's open to a trade because he's not being played basically acknowledges that he's "given up" and he's accepted the idea that he's not going to get another opportunity here.

_________________
Same Old Lions, just a different year....


September 15th, 2013, 8:34 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12248
Post Re: Mikel Leshoure would welcome trade
DisgruntledFan wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
DisgruntledFan wrote:
Shows how little work ethic and determination he really has. Ship this bum off. The only thing I don't like is not having a 3rd RB at that point if we trade him.
How does it show a lack of work ethic or determination? All it says is he's open to a trade. What player who is a backup wouldn't welcome a trade to a team that gives them a chance to play more?
shouldnt he say something like - im going to try to work my way into the lineup of the team that i am already on? lions brought me into this league and stuck by me after a bad injury and gave me tons of opportunities last season ( even though i was mostly ineffective)? if i do get traded thats part of the business but maybe it ll be to a team with a greater need for my skills. rather than im open to jumping ship and going somewhere else?
That's exactly what I mean. At least come out and give the usual "I just want an opportunity to play and show the coaches and the team what I can do to help them win" speech. By saying he's open to a trade because he's not being played basically acknowledges that he's "given up" and he's accepted the idea that he's not going to get another opportunity here.
Does anyone know what LeShoure actually said? or even what the actual question was? I haven't seen any quotes as of yet, just the report.

That said, here's an MLive article on it, with a LeShoure quote:
Quote:
Detroit Lions RB Mikel Leshoure would welcome a trade, ESPN reports

Justin Rogers | jrogers@mlive.com
on September 15, 2013 at 11:52 AM, updated September 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Detroit Lions running back Mikel Leshoure would welcome being traded, according to an ESPN report.

Despite being healthy, Leshoure was inactive for the Lions' season-opening win over the Minnesota Vikings.

The 2011 second-round pick had clearly fallen behind Joique Bell on the depth chart during training camp and the preseason, while rookie Theo Riddick offers more as a special teams contributor.

While it won't be announced until 90 minutes before kickoff, there is little reason to expect Leshoure will be active for this week's contest in Arizona.

Leshoure has taken his status in stride, telling MLive.com this week, "As a player, you want to play. You want to be out there. But at the end of the day, you're a professional. You got to (tune) that out and do what's best for the team and what the coaches ask from you. I don't have a problem with that."

While there has been no indication Leshoure is being shopped, there are teams around the league in need of a running back.

That group is led by the Indianapolis Colts. They lost Vick Ballard to an ACL tear last week and owner Jim Irsay tweeted the team would be working the phone lines to find a replacement.

It's unlikely Detroit would be able to command much for Leshoure on the trade market. After missing his entire rookie campaign with an Achilles injury, the bulking back averaged just 3.7 yards per carry last season and struggled to break tackles.

Also, after never fumbling during his college career, he lost three last season and another this preseason.

On the plus side, Leshoure has been effective near the goal line, scoring nine rushing touchdowns on just 215 carries in 2012.

Potentially increasing the Lions' need to make a move is the anticipated return of Montell Owens. The fullback and special teams star is expected to be activated from injured reserve later this season.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... ur_11.html

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


September 15th, 2013, 11:13 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3169
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Mikel Leshoure would welcome trade
TheRealWags wrote:
Does anyone know what LeShoure actually said? or even what the actual question was? I haven't seen any quotes as of yet, just the report.

That said, here's an MLive article on it, with a LeShoure quote:
Quote:
Detroit Lions RB Mikel Leshoure would welcome a trade, ESPN reports

Justin Rogers | jrogers@mlive.com
on September 15, 2013 at 11:52 AM, updated September 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Detroit Lions running back Mikel Leshoure would welcome being traded, according to an ESPN report.

Despite being healthy, Leshoure was inactive for the Lions' season-opening win over the Minnesota Vikings.

The 2011 second-round pick had clearly fallen behind Joique Bell on the depth chart during training camp and the preseason, while rookie Theo Riddick offers more as a special teams contributor.

While it won't be announced until 90 minutes before kickoff, there is little reason to expect Leshoure will be active for this week's contest in Arizona.

Leshoure has taken his status in stride, telling MLive.com this week, "As a player, you want to play. You want to be out there. But at the end of the day, you're a professional. You got to (tune) that out and do what's best for the team and what the coaches ask from you. I don't have a problem with that."

While there has been no indication Leshoure is being shopped, there are teams around the league in need of a running back.

That group is led by the Indianapolis Colts. They lost Vick Ballard to an ACL tear last week and owner Jim Irsay tweeted the team would be working the phone lines to find a replacement.

It's unlikely Detroit would be able to command much for Leshoure on the trade market. After missing his entire rookie campaign with an Achilles injury, the bulking back averaged just 3.7 yards per carry last season and struggled to break tackles.

Also, after never fumbling during his college career, he lost three last season and another this preseason.

On the plus side, Leshoure has been effective near the goal line, scoring nine rushing touchdowns on just 215 carries in 2012.

Potentially increasing the Lions' need to make a move is the anticipated return of Montell Owens. The fullback and special teams star is expected to be activated from injured reserve later this season.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... ur_11.html

So there you go. He did say those things about wanting to play but trying to do what's best for his team to win. So you're all complaining over nothing.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


September 15th, 2013, 11:50 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9549
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Mikel Leshoure would welcome trade
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
good luck finding a taker. id take a 7th. anything more is just gravy.


You would make a horrible stock trader. You don't buy high and sell low.


is this a serious post? what would you expect to get for Charles Rogers or Titus Young right now?

are you saying you expect no less than a 2nd rounder?

genius billy, btw nice showing in fantasy this week


Well, Leshoure is neither Rogers or Young. Leshoure still has more value than 7th rounder. If no-one wants to give more than a 5th for him, then we should keep him until he becomes a free agent and maybe we can get a 4th round comp pick for him. Too many people are all too willing to give our players away and not get anything for them. A 7th rounder in return for a guy we traded away picks in order to move up to get and then burned the 2nd round pick on him. HECK NO! I'll take my chances on getting a comp pick for him. Maybe he signs with another team and lights it up.


Value? Let's see he misses his entire rookie season with an injury, get's suspended for violating the leagues substance abuse policy to start his 2nd season (not to mention showing up on police reports), has shown a propensity to fumble the ball away, averaged 3.7 ypc, was beat out by an UFA from Wayne State for the backup role and his team didn't suit him up for the first two games of 2013.

At least he is more valuable than our other 2nd round pick from 2011! :roll:

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


September 16th, 2013, 9:02 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9984
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Mikel Leshoure would welcome trade
Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
good luck finding a taker. id take a 7th. anything more is just gravy.


You would make a horrible stock trader. You don't buy high and sell low.


is this a serious post? what would you expect to get for Charles Rogers or Titus Young right now?

are you saying you expect no less than a 2nd rounder?

genius billy, btw nice showing in fantasy this week


Well, Leshoure is neither Rogers or Young. Leshoure still has more value than 7th rounder. If no-one wants to give more than a 5th for him, then we should keep him until he becomes a free agent and maybe we can get a 4th round comp pick for him. Too many people are all too willing to give our players away and not get anything for them. A 7th rounder in return for a guy we traded away picks in order to move up to get and then burned the 2nd round pick on him. HECK NO! I'll take my chances on getting a comp pick for him. Maybe he signs with another team and lights it up.


Value? Let's see he misses his entire rookie season with an injury, get's suspended for violating the leagues substance abuse policy to start his 2nd season (not to mention showing up on police reports), has shown a propensity to fumble the ball away, averaged 3.7 ypc, was beat out by an UFA from Wayne State for the backup role and his team didn't suit him up for the first two games of 2013.

At least he is more valuable than our other 2nd round pick from 2011! :roll:


Exactly. The 49ers traded a 6th round pick to get Anquan Boldin from the Ravens. Does anyone actually think that LeShoure is more valuable on the open market than Boldin? Getting anything in return for LeShoure right now would be good. Believe me, I am one to believe that you don't trade for just nothing, but LeShoure actually is the 4th string RB on this team, not the 3rd stringer. Theo Riddick is the guy who would back up Bell in a game. And the Lions can sign any number of guys sitting at home to be their replacement on the roster for LeShoure.

The only thing in the Lions favor is that Indy is a bit desperate for a starter at this point, and LeShoure was a starter last season for us. But I can't see them giving anything more than a conditional 6th rounder for him. And I think that would be good value. I'd put the conditions as, if he stays on the Colts roster throughout the season, the Lions get a 6th. If the Colts release him before week 12, the Lions get a 7th. If he gains either more than 900 yards, or gets more than 7 rushing TDs this year, the Lions get a 5th.

Sounds fair to me.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


September 16th, 2013, 9:18 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: UK Lion and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.