View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 9:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 53  Next
 Lions Predictions 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Re: Lions Predictions
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I think this game right here cost us a shot at the playoffs. I know it's only week 2, but at most I see 8 more wins. 9-7 doesn't do it and that's of course if we win all the other games.

Really packing the bags already? I think this game was fairly misleading. Willie Young negated a turnover, our best defender (honest opinion) was missing, and Bush didn't play much. Add on we had 101 penalty yards and gave them 3 points after Bush's fumble. I think we win in Washington and get back on track, and this is coming from one of the least optimistic fans of this team. I just think the season isn't quite over yet.

September 16th, 2013, 12:52 am
RIP Killer

Shotty wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I think this game right here cost us a shot at the playoffs. I know it's only week 2, but at most I see 8 more wins. 9-7 doesn't do it and that's of course if we win all the other games.

Really packing the bags already? I think this game was fairly misleading. Willie Young negated a turnover, our best defender (honest opinion) was missing, and Bush didn't play much. Add on we had 101 penalty yards and gave them 3 points after Bush's fumble. I think we win in Washington and get back on track, and this is coming from one of the least optimistic fans of this team. I just think the season isn't quite over yet.

No, the season isn't over yet. However, the team's performance in this game is the norm, not the exception. The penalties, the injuries, and the miscues have become the hallmark for the Lions. It is why, despite having won 10 games a couple seasons ago, they are proving that to have been an anomaly rather than part of a consistency.

I didn't watch the game, as I was not home all day. Probably better that I didn't. But in watching some highlights, it shows this team simply doesn't have the makeup of a team working towards becoming significantly better than they were last season.

I'm not saying that they can't turn things around. I'm saying that right now, it doesn't seem like they are at all interested in doing that.

September 16th, 2013, 8:46 am
Modmin Dude

Shotty wrote:
I think we win in Washington and get back on track, and this is coming from one of the least optimistic fans of this team. I just think the season isn't quite over yet.
With respect, what gives you the idea that these Lions will win in Washington, a place they have never won before?

September 16th, 2013, 9:28 am
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

TheRealWags wrote:
Shotty wrote:
I think we win in Washington and get back on track, and this is coming from one of the least optimistic fans of this team. I just think the season isn't quite over yet.
With respect, what gives you the idea that these Lions will win in Washington, a place they have never won before?

Washington is HORRIBLE right now...thats the ONLY reason i think we win.

September 16th, 2013, 9:57 am
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Washington is HORRIBLE right now...thats the ONLY reason i think we win.
Washington has been HORRIBLE many times over the years and the Lions still couldn't manage a win. I think RGIII and the Redskins will have a 'get right game' next week against our beloved Leos

September 16th, 2013, 10:16 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

TheRealWags wrote:
Shotty wrote:

I just think theyre not that good of a team. RGIII cant run and is facing a slump and they just allowed 335 passing yards in the first half and James Starks had 100+. That is p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c. 31-28 is my prediction.

September 16th, 2013, 10:42 am
#1 Overall Pick

Shotty wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

Shotty this is hilarious, you are most assuredly not one of the least optimistic fans of this team. You had the team going 11-5 this season. You may actually be the most optimistic fan.

I do agree with you that the Lions have a good shot at winning the Washington game. Not that I believe this team is doing better than 9-7 or getting to the playoffs. Washington has even bigger problems than the Lions right now with RGIII not able to run and with rumors he may not want to run the read option anymore because of the injury. It's still a 50-50 game IMO, but that's better odds than they will get in a lot of games this season.

September 16th, 2013, 10:46 am
Modmin Dude

Shotty wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Shotty wrote:

I just think theyre not that good of a team. RGIII cant run and is facing a slump and they just allowed 335 passing yards in the first half and James Starks had 100+. That is p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c. 31-28 is my prediction.
Keep in mind that they did this against the Packers, a much better team than the Lions. Judging by last nights game, do you think the Lions would beat the 49ers? I don't.

September 16th, 2013, 10:52 am

TheRealWags wrote:
Shotty wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Shotty wrote:

Keep in mind that they did this against the Packers, a much better team than the Lions. Judging by last nights game, do you think the Lions would beat the 49ers? I don't.

No I dont think we couold beat the 9ers BUT...I DO think we could beat the Eagles. And Washington couldn't do that. im not saying its a lock or anything, but Washington is in pretty bad shape, and while we are playing pretty poorly so far this season we are leaps and bounds ahead of them so far.

September 16th, 2013, 11:36 am
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Shotty wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Shotty wrote:
No I dont think we couold beat the 9ers BUT...I DO think we could beat the Eagles. And Washington couldn't do that. im not saying its a lock or anything, but Washington is in pretty bad shape, and while we are playing pretty poorly so far this season we are leaps and bounds ahead of them so far.
Understand and agree the Lions should win the game, but I trust Shanahan more than Schwartz to have their respective team ready.

September 16th, 2013, 12:29 pm
RIP Killer

Still say 7-9

September 17th, 2013, 11:55 am

Washington has some major issues with an awful secondary. Deangelo Hall hasnt looked good. David Amerson make Darius Slay look like an all pro and they have little depth beyond that at corner. Josh Wilson who starts opposite Hall is the best corner but neither are anywhere near as good as say Chris Houston. The safeties are garbage. Merriweather is a big hitter who is below average in coverage and Rambo doesnt appear that he has any business being on an NFL football field. The Lions should be attacking them all day. The 3 man front has a decent player at nose in Coburn and the 3-4 ends Bowen and Golston will hold there ground and stay at home but arent big playmakers. The strength of the defense is the rushing OLBs Kerrigan and Orakpo. Riley and Fletcher are both good starting quality ILBs. If Stafford is as sharp as he s been its on the receivers to get some separation against the suspect secondary, which is many steps down from the Arizona secondary of a weak ago. I expect Washington to blitz quite a bit bc without pressure and confusion amongst the Lions OL, Stafford, Johnson, Bush will light them up.

Offensively its a little more difficult to tell what Washington will do bc there games havent been very competitive and RG3 has been stuck in the pocket. Maybe they will expand the playbook a little bit. The OL is decent and can get some push for Morris as well as protect RG3 from too much damage. Pierre Garcon is the only worrisome talent in the receiving core though Fred Davis and Jordan Reed are speedy receiving TE options but are probably not a mismatch for our LBs/Safeties. Santana Moss, Hankerson, Josh Morgan they arent special players but can get big plays if RG3 buys time with his legs. Backup runners Helu and Royster are also decent threats w difft skill set from Morris. RG3 does have the ability to roll out of the pocket and evade interior pressure, the Lions ends need to keep contain on him. Fairley and Suh will generate pressure from the inside. Id like to see Trent Williams and Suh get in a couple one on one battles, they are two of the nastier players in the league.

Intangibles: Lions just dont win in Washington and Lions executive coaching decisions are always suspect in the Schwartz regime. Still this is a game the Lions should win easily.

Lions 38
Washington 24

September 21st, 2013, 10:54 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Hate to say it, but we just don't win this kind of game.

September 22nd, 2013, 9:08 am

thelomasbrowns wrote:

I fear that the Lions will take a commanding lead and Schwartz will be reluctant to step on the gas pedal and bury them which has been his M.O. with the Lions. He needs to back off and let them play this game all the way down to the 2 minute warning before turning conservative. The back end of this defense is probably the worst in the NFL and the offense is confused and without identity as RG3 is in some sort of transitional state bw his natural tendencies, recovery from injury, and conversion to pocket passer. The matchups heavily favor the Lions with the exception of Orakpo and Kerrigan vs Reiff and Hilliard. Bush is out so that hurts but the Lions have no excuse not to win this game. The only positive Washington has shown through two games is an ability to score in garbage time.

September 22nd, 2013, 12:05 pm
#1 Overall Pick

The Legend wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

I fear that the Lions will take a commanding lead and Schwartz will be reluctant to step on the gas pedal and bury them which has been his M.O. with the Lions. He needs to back off and let them play this game all the way down to the 2 minute warning before turning conservative. The back end of this defense is probably the worst in the NFL and the offense is confused and without identity as RG3 is in some sort of transitional state bw his natural tendencies, recovery from injury, and conversion to pocket passer. The matchups heavily favor the Lions with the exception of Orakpo and Kerrigan vs Reiff and Hilliard. Bush is out so that hurts but the Lions have no excuse not to win this game. The only positive Washington has shown through two games is an ability to score in garbage time.

The Lions may not want to give up their title of best garbage time offense, so a loss is such a possible option. This seems like the type of game that could crush their season. They had to fight through lots of mistakes in week 1 then had a tough loss last week, now this week they are going up against a team in a downward spiral with lots of media rumors of bickering. If they manage to lose this game then have to play CHI and GB I see guys throwing away the season in frustration bye week 6.

September 22nd, 2013, 1:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 53  Next