View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 3:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Cardinals 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Cardinals
Killwill25 wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
Terrible Playcall by Linehan costs lions a shot, YOU DONT THROW a 2 YD SLANT ON 4th and 4. fudge common sense. Pathetic Display by Lions.

D Played Great except agaisnt the Run on a few Plays. Lions Offense and Playcalling a joke.

Linehen kills this offense.

What's maddening is that he seems to have decent gameplans but is absolutely incapable of changing on the fly.

September 15th, 2013, 7:35 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Killwill25 wrote:
WHY THE **** DIDN'T TRY TO SCORE BEFORE THE HALF? *GAG*. Linehah is such a pussy

sorry but that is 100% on Schwartz

September 15th, 2013, 7:39 pm

DJ-B wrote:
Levy with 66yd TD Int return for TD (no penalties this time). Levy defintely earning his money this year (finally).

that play was a gift courtesy of pressure of front and Palmer being unathletic and not at grips with his lack of arm strength. levy was playing pretty subpar football prior to it. tulloch did step up after the INT and Levy did better also. Ellington was a wild card that the Lions werent prepared for (didnt really play last week) and burned the Lions in both the pass and run game.

September 15th, 2013, 7:42 pm

DJ-B wrote:
Pettigrew has a 3rd and 10 1st down catch hit both hands and drops it. Yes covered, but it was right in his hands. This iwth less than 5 mins left and a 2 pt lead on the "close it out drive" for the Lions. All I Can do every play is pray they dont try and throw to Pett. I know he can block, but hes a Liability in the Passing game at this point.

Setting up for a Lions loss by 1 to a FG. Cant stop the clock churning run game. Offense didnt do a damn thing in the entire 2nd half.

part of this post is telling to what the lions problems were. stafford was for the most part outstanding with his throws (though i think he went to the wrong receiver 2 or 3 times) threading bullets through tight windows. thats why he s the man getting the contract extensions but his WRs are virtually never open and he s either throwing them open or hitting them in the hands while totally covered. The cross fade to wide open Calvin for a TD was perfectly set up by Linehan by going to Burleson on the shielded slant on the previous play and the long TD pass to Calvin was a near pick 6 that I still cant believe Stafford was able to muscle through with the LBs dropped back in coverage. Linehan went to a difft version of it (screen variant but still a short slant by Calvin) late in the game but Dansby drilled Calvin for a short gain rather than trying to jump Stafford s pass again.

transitioning to defensive coaching - late in the game Cunningham brought Levy and a safety and got burned giving up the slant to extend Cards winning drive.

p.s. what happened to edwards and when the heck is broyles coming back. there has to be a better option out there than Kris Durham. Matt Willis for example.

September 15th, 2013, 7:49 pm

DJ-B wrote:
Terrible Playcall by Linehan costs lions a shot, YOU DONT THROW a 2 YD SLANT ON 4th and 4. fudge common sense. Pathetic Display by Lions.

D Played Great except agaisnt the Run on a few Plays. Lions Offense and Playcalling a joke.

agree every route was short and the cards werent showing blitz, not sure why they didnt have a 2nd play call at the line to audible to or if stafford should ve audibled to a difft play

bell was open but he dropped a couple easy passes not sure if that had a role in stafford going to burleson. pretty crazy that you could complete 3rd and 4th down passes and still not get the first down. they only needed 10 yards...

September 15th, 2013, 7:52 pm
Junior Varsity

This game was effing maddening....i'm so damn disappointed; I guess I should be used to it by now after 30 years+ of let downs.

September 15th, 2013, 8:03 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Where were our other TE's in this game? What's the deal with Akers? Now we're seeing why the 49ers let him go!

September 15th, 2013, 8:14 pm
Hall of Fame Player

The Legend wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
WHY THE **** DIDN'T TRY TO SCORE BEFORE THE HALF? *GAG*. Linehah is such a pussy

I don't care who it's on. That totally stunk. 53 seconds is more than enough time for our offense to have gone down far enough for Akers to miss another field goal.

September 15th, 2013, 8:28 pm

BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

I don't care who it's on. That totally stunk. 53 seconds is more than enough time for our offense to have gone down far enough for Akers to miss another field goal.

100% agree

September 15th, 2013, 8:29 pm
Team MVP

The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

100% agree

Yup!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 16th, 2013, 4:35 am
NFL Veteran

I can't believe Durham is still on the roster. The only memorable thing this guy does in games is trip over his own feet, he did it again in this game. At the least Scheff should have been lined up in place of Durham and Fauria should have got some time with all the DBs the Cards were throwing out there. It's amazing that the Lions can't find better WR options than Durham and Edwards while every single WR on the Cards roster can at least make a catch.

September 16th, 2013, 8:10 am
RIP Killer

Good teams find ways to win, bad teams find ways to lose. Talent wise, the Lions were the better team - it is all the other stuff that is killing this team.

Tell me, during crunch time...

Do you think Staff will lead the team down the field to victory OR the game will end on downs/turnover?

Do you think Akers will nail that game winning field goal OR push the kick wide/have it blocked?

Do you think the D will get that big stop OR penalties will keep the drive alive and the opponent will put points on the board?

If you answered the part after the OR, well Hello Lions fans! Here we go, get ready for another maddening season...

September 16th, 2013, 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

DJ-B wrote:
Pett makes a great Diving Catch (but still cant catch anything that hits his hands easy). Then CJ Getns Interefered with but no call, that would have been a FD. Now to 4th Down, game on the line.

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Maybe not the deciding factor, but this is still infuriating:

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/stat ... 4350188544

This Interference was the exact part I was talking about. This was a 2nd Down play I believe. Then we got 6 yds on 3rd, and failed on 4th down to end our chances. And as the twitter ppl pointed out, the announcers went so far as to say "Good No Call".

THe Lions lost the game, no doubt about it, but bullshit calls/no calls like this still chap my a$s.

EDIT: For whoever Asked, Edwards I assume was hurt, as the announcers mentioned they saw him leave the sidelines in a cart in the 1st half, and return to the sidelines in a cart in the 2nd half.

Pablo wrote:
Good teams find ways to win, bad teams find ways to lose. Talent wise, the Lions were the better team - it is all the other stuff that is killing this team.

Tell me, during crunch time...

Do you think Staff will lead the team down the field to victory OR the game will end on downs/turnover?

Do you think Akers will nail that game winning field goal OR push the kick wide/have it blocked?

Do you think the D will get that big stop OR penalties will keep the drive alive and the opponent will put points on the board?

If you answered the part after the OR, well Hello Lions fans! Here we go, get ready for another maddening season...

I Answered OR to all 3 sadly. SO I Guess I already live in maddening land.

Last edited by DJ-B on September 16th, 2013, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 16th, 2013, 5:41 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The Legend wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
Levy with 66yd TD Int return for TD (no penalties this time). Levy defintely earning his money this year (finally).

that play was a gift courtesy of pressure of front and Palmer being unathletic and not at grips with his lack of arm strength. levy was playing pretty subpar football prior to it. tulloch did step up after the INT and Levy did better also. Ellington was a wild card that the Lions werent prepared for (didnt really play last week) and burned the Lions in both the pass and run game.

And to give credit where it is due, there were a few people calling ellingtons name even before the draft, and definitely when he fell to the later rounds.

September 16th, 2013, 5:46 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

My thoughts.

We all know this offense can't move without CJ and Bush on their game. Pett looked rough all around, even blocking. Linehan really screwed the pooch by not using Fauria and Scheff to get short yards.

LBs
Palmer looked bad in coverage, very unimpressed. I thought tulloch played well, but he appears to have regressed since last year. Levy has been playing very well, but suspect in coverage. They're blitzing him more, but they're dropping a DE back into coverage when they do far too often.

DL
Suh was a beast, playing hard but clean. Cards tried chipping and cutting him regularly. Willie young the only DE to get consistent penetration. That's damn sad. Ansah looked lost and when he wasnt getting penetration, he would turn and run downfield. Never once did i see him try and get his arms up. They dropped into coverage with a LB blitz more than a couple times. Mosley, bannan, and idonijea looked bad. Did Jason jones do anything? I watched the replay of the tape and he was nonexistent.

Secondary
Mathis looked bad, not reading the ball well at all. He blew a play where he completely lost his man in the first half 2 min drill and came back with a huge PD where he had great coverage. Delmas and Quin looked bad. Even in the run game, they bit on the play action and logged up inside when runs were bounced outside. Not reading the QB worth a damn all game. Bentley was horrible in all aspects. Slay got completely lost on ellingtons td. He was 10 yards behind him when he caught the ball. Looked like confusion on slays behalf.

WRs
CJ looked good, as usual. Burleson looked good. Edwards looked good until he got hurt. Durham, please cut this guy, he can't ever get open.

Arizona's DBs were holding all the time. Grabbing arms and jerseys nonstop, it's effing ridiculous.

OL
Reiff looked really good. Pulled a couple times and made huge blocks. Warford looked decent. Needs to improve his explosiveness on his run blocks. Gets beat by faster DTs. Hilliard looked far from good. He whiffed on a couple blocks and looked slow trying to block edge rushers. If he can't contain an old Abraham, how will he do against Wooten or Matthews?

Akers
Getting hit by bethel on the first kick really appeared to mentally affect him all game. The guy is a pro bowler and that should have no impact, but it clearly did. Also, why did pettigrew simply not block bethel on those FG tries? WTF is his deal? It's like the guy just has lapses where he forgets what he's supposed to do during the game.

September 17th, 2013, 11:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next