View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 12:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Accidental good move by Shorts? 
Walk On

Post Re: Accidental good move by Shorts?
HechePipe wrote:
I.E. wrote:
HechePipe wrote:
Cutler's noodle arm

:shock: Cutler has one of the strongest arms in the NFL. His issue has always been his decision-making. But to say he has a noodle arm? That's almost as retarded as saying he somehow isn't tough, because he couldn't play with an MCL tear.

I do stand corrected. I suppose I was reaching a little bit in my blind hatred for everything Illinois-related. I will stand by this: Strong arm or not, Cutler has the ability to throw 3 picks in any given game. By the same token, he can put up 4 TDs but his accuracy leaves a little to be desired. Having Cutler reminds me a lot of having Scott Mitchell, actually. He can beat the 49ers with Young, Rice and Owens, but lays a turd against a team like Buffalo. You really never know what what you're going to get with Cutler and inconsistent QB play has plagued the Bears since the days of McMahon - and even with McMahon.
So yeah, "noodle arm" was probably not the right term.
P.S. Do you guys always just throw around retard-blasts?

Retard is as retard does, my friend. There is no "you guys". Don't let your blind hatred lead you astray, to say outrageous nonsense that qualifies in that regard. Sorry you don't like Illinois - it's my home, so that hurts my feelings even though I do think Michigan is nicer in many ways and I do live here on purpose.

You're also incredibly wrong on Cutler's accuracy. But there is a reason for that thinking. Don't confuse having no protection and needing to launch the ball prematurely - QBs are rarely accurate in those circumstances. Cutler hasn't had a decent line since he's been in Chicago. But Cutler is highly accurate, and with protection is in the process of demonstrating to you how good he can be. He's been throwing ropes and incredibly accurately all season. Last night he threw a 40+ yard back shoulder pass to Marshall that few QBs can throw. He's putting the ball exactly where he wants to, now that his line is giving him time. Has he been overconfident in his ability to throw it tight & fast that it becomes the source of many of his problems? Sure. But that's one of the top reasons Trestman is on board. And it is clearly having an impact so far this season. So that's the Detroit front's job to try to overcome.

September 23rd, 2013, 4:51 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

I.E. wrote:
HechePipe wrote:
I.E. wrote:
HechePipe wrote:
Cutler's noodle arm

:shock: Cutler has one of the strongest arms in the NFL. His issue has always been his decision-making. But to say he has a noodle arm? That's almost as retarded as saying he somehow isn't tough, because he couldn't play with an MCL tear.

I do stand corrected. I suppose I was reaching a little bit in my blind hatred for everything Illinois-related. I will stand by this: Strong arm or not, Cutler has the ability to throw 3 picks in any given game. By the same token, he can put up 4 TDs but his accuracy leaves a little to be desired. Having Cutler reminds me a lot of having Scott Mitchell, actually. He can beat the 49ers with Young, Rice and Owens, but lays a turd against a team like Buffalo. You really never know what what you're going to get with Cutler and inconsistent QB play has plagued the Bears since the days of McMahon - and even with McMahon.
So yeah, "noodle arm" was probably not the right term.
P.S. Do you guys always just throw around retard-blasts?

Retard is as retard does, my friend. There is no "you guys". Don't let your blind hatred lead you astray, to say outrageous nonsense that qualifies in that regard. Sorry you don't like Illinois - it's my home, so that hurts my feelings even though I do think Michigan is nicer in many ways and I do live here on purpose.

You're also incredibly wrong on Cutler's accuracy. But there is a reason for that thinking. Don't confuse having no protection and needing to launch the ball prematurely - QBs are rarely accurate in those circumstances. Cutler hasn't had a decent line since he's been in Chicago. But Cutler is highly accurate, and with protection is in the process of demonstrating to you how good he can be. He's been throwing ropes and incredibly accurately all season. Last night he threw a 40+ yard back shoulder pass to Marshall that few QBs can throw. He's putting the ball exactly where he wants to, now that his line is giving him time. Has he been overconfident in his ability to throw it tight & fast that it becomes the source of many of his problems? Sure. But that's one of the top reasons Trestman is on board. And it is clearly having an impact so far this season. So that's the Detroit front's job to try to overcome.

Hurts your feelings that I would say that I hate Illinois? Lulz. So sensitive, yet you throw the word "retard" around like a greeting. I'm sure your home is very nice, I.E. May the warmth of many Lions wins brighten the absolute hell that it must be living in Illinois.
Love,
HechePipe

September 23rd, 2013, 4:57 pm
Walk On

I was joking about the hurt feelings... sarcasm. And I personally believe that my use of the term retarded in your case was accurate, as you admitted that your hatred for Illinois retards your ability to assess Jay Cutler.

re·tard 1 (r-tärd)
v. re·tard·ed, re·tard·ing, re·tards

v.tr.
To cause to move or proceed slowly; delay or impede.

September 23rd, 2013, 5:01 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

I.E. wrote:
I was joking about the hurt feelings... sarcasm. And I personally believe that my use of the term retarded in your case was accurate, as you admitted that your hatred for Illinois retards your ability to assess Jay Cutler.

That much we agree on. However, if it is the fault of the offensive line for Cutler's inaccuracy, it does play into the favor of the Lions if Suh doesn't get ejected for stomping on Cutler's balls like they're on fire or Fairley doesn't get 3 personal foul penalties for late hits.
For about 4 weeks every season, the Lions get to play games that might actually mean something. After October, we're usually just rooting for draft position. So for once, this could be a big, meaningful division game. You can't say that too often as a Lions fan. There are so many ways this game could play out, I'm kinda anxious to see what the Vegas odds look like for this game.

September 23rd, 2013, 5:08 pm
RIP Killer

I live in Illinois and I hate this state. Commie Emmanuel is going to out-corrupt kwame, the state government is ludicrous in every fashion, there's no F'ing trees in this corn field of a state (looks like freaking Missouri), the gun laws are beyond stupid, and I absolutely hate the bears and the cubs. Ugh, if I didn't have a sweet job here, I wouldn't live here.

Either way, back to the topic...

September 23rd, 2013, 5:09 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

conversion02 wrote:
I live in Illinois and I hate this state. Commie Emmanuel is going to out-corrupt kwame, the state government is ludicrous in every fashion, there's no F'ing trees in this corn field of a state (looks like freaking Missouri), the gun laws are beyond stupid, and I absolutely hate the bears and the cubs. Ugh, if I didn't have a sweet job here, I wouldn't live here.

Either way, back to the topic...

I rank Oklahoma further down the totem pole as far as places to live, but Illinois isn't far behind. Outside of Chicago and the university areas, there really isn't a whole lot there.
Michigan is no paradise, but I hate how Chicago residents act like Detroit is the biggest hell hole on Earth... As if Chicago isn't just as bad. Without the Sears Tower, your cute shopping plaza and a subway, you're just another Detroit. Same broke, corrupted economy, same crime problem, same public safety issues. Your poop stinks just as bad, Chicago. At least Detroit has cars, soul music and its own personal toilet called Toledo.

September 23rd, 2013, 5:18 pm
Walk On

There's no comparison between Detroit and Chicago... seriously that is kind of crazy. Sure, there are a lot of cornfields, but there are also a lot of nice, forested areas, river valleys and other good places. People hunt there just like here (with weapons... lol). For every Rockford or Bloomington or Peoria over there, there is a Flint or Saginaw or Kalamazoo over here. Murders and gangs everywhere. Politicians are corrupt and silly or extreme in both places.

Seriously - let's stick to the discussion of professional football clubs, instead of the silly state comparison that believe it or not seems even more ridiculously biased than the football talk! lol

September 23rd, 2013, 5:25 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

I.E. wrote:
There's no comparison between Detroit and Chicago... seriously that is kind of crazy. Sure, there are a lot of cornfields, but there are also a lot of nice, forested areas, river valleys and other good places. People hunt there just like here (with weapons... lol). For every Rockford or Bloomington or Peoria over there, there is a Flint or Saginaw or Kalamazoo over here. Murders and gangs everywhere. Politicians are corrupt and silly or extreme in both places.

Seriously - let's stick to the discussion of professional football clubs, instead of the silly state comparison that believe it or not seems even more ridiculously biased than the football talk! lol

That's what I'm saying. Michigan is no paradise, but all things considered, I'd rather be here than there. If you're an outdoorsman, and I am, I think Michigan is far superior to Illinois.

But come on... Jay Cutler's scowl?

September 23rd, 2013, 5:33 pm
Walk On

LOL... I love that Smokin' Jay Cutler stuff ... I ordered a t-shirt, and am hoping it shows up to wear on Sunday. It's hilarious - he does have that jerk-face scowl that make it perfect to hang a cigarette from! He sure does look like a prick sometimes - but so does Brady. And a lot of other guys. And Manning looks like a huge whiner.

It just doesn't have anything to do with football.

September 23rd, 2013, 5:39 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

I.E. wrote:
LOL... I love that Smokin' Jay Cutler stuff ... I ordered a t-shirt, and am hoping it shows up to wear on Sunday. It's hilarious - he does have that jerk-face scowl that make it perfect to hang a cigarette from! He sure does look like a prick sometimes - but so does Brady. And a lot of other guys. And Manning looks like a huge whiner.

You've got me again. It has absolutely nothing to do with the game on Sunday or the Bears or whether or not Bush playing in the Redskins game may contribute to a small strategic advantage. You derailed my end of the discussion when when you called me retarded.
I just think the Cutler scowl is hilarious.

September 23rd, 2013, 5:47 pm
Walk On

HechePipe wrote:
I.E. wrote:

You've got me again. It has absolutely nothing to do with the game on Sunday or the Bears or whether or not Bush playing in the Redskins game may contribute to a small strategic advantage. You derailed my end of the discussion when when you called me retarded.
I just think the Cutler scowl is hilarious.

He really, seriously, looks like he SHOULD have a cigarette hanging from his lips at all times. Dan Ackroyd used to do that kind of character - the "who cares" blue collar guy with the cig hanging from him lips (I think he did it in ghostbusters)... and that IS Cutler's face!

September 23rd, 2013, 6:19 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

It's a different Bears team but they are still relying on TOs to win games. If it weren't for TOs they would be 1-2 and maybe even 0-3 with the only convincing win coming against a Steelers team decimated by injuries. Let's not forget a couple seasons ago where they started out the same way and then the TOs stopped and so did the wins and they missed the playoffs, I believe they were something like 7-2. This year the defense has already scored 1/4 of their TDs and you simply can't rely on that over the course of an entire season. The Bears are a very good team but until they show they can win with out the TOs I'll remain as skeptical about them being real contenders as I am the Lions.

September 23rd, 2013, 6:26 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

HechePipe wrote:
I'm not saying the coaching staff has enough intelligence to pull off a move like this, but what if... What if you hold Bush out of the Skins game, knowing you can win this one without him going into a game against perhaps your most bitter division rival and a very solid team in the Bears.
This week, as the Bears prepare for the Lions with Reggie Bush, they have very limited game film of what the Lions are like with Bush. Hell, none of us have really seen too much of Bush. Might give the Lions a competitive edge. What the Lions should have, is one of their main offensive components coming back healthy on Sunday. Given the limited snaps of Reggie, I don't think any team or fan really knows their tendencies with Bush just yet. The Lions gain a lot of yards with Bush by using different formations where he lines up in the slot, they use him in a two-back set, single back... The less other teams see of Bush and the gimmicky plays they call with Bush, the better chance the Lions can actually sneak up and surprise a decent team.
I think it was absolutely huge for the game against the Bears that the Lions won the Skins game without Reggie. Accident or not, it was a good move to bench Bush in that game as long as they win it. Now the Bears have very little to go on to plan for him. Of course, the Bears are married to that Marinelli, "We just do what we do with our pickaxes and shovels," defensive system, so it may not matter anyway.
I expect the Leos to keep it close and lose this game in typical blowing-a-winnable-game Lions fashion. 27-20, Bears.

bears have plenty of tape on the lions with best who they used the same way they are using bush. biggest difference might be the presence of bell who allows the lions to have bush in the slot yet still maintain some running threat that at least needs to be respected.

September 23rd, 2013, 6:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2