View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 10:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Fauria's TD N dance insprired by JT, honored by Jimmy Fallon 
Modmin Dude

Post Fauria's TD N dance insprired by JT, honored by Jimmy Fallon
Quote:
Joseph Fauria's touchdown dance inspired by Justin Timberlake, honored by Jimmy Fallon (with videos)
By Dave Birkett | FILED UNDER - Sports / Detroit Lions | 11:15 AM, Sep. 25, 2013

Detroit Lions tight end Joseph Fauria said the impetus for his “Bye, Bye, Bye” touchdown dance in Sunday’s win at Washington was twofold: charity, and his childhood adoration of the boy band *N Sync.

“Always been a fan,” Fauria said Tuesday. “I had the bleached blond tips back in the day, too, so I’ve always been a fan.”

Fauria’s dance went viral almost immediately after he scored on a 5-yard pass from Matthew Stafford in Sunday’s first half.

He outjumped two defenders for the catch, spiked the ball in the back of the end zone and did a quick version of the dance made popular by Justin Timberlake’s group some 13 years ago.

Fauria said Tuesday several fans forwarded him a YouTube clip of Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon doing mock touchdown dances as a shot at the NFL cracking down on end zone celebrations.

Fallon said if any player did one of his and Timberlake’s dances, he would match whatever fine they receive from the NFL and donate the money to charity.

Fauria was not fined for his celebration. NFL rules prohibit choreographed dances by two or more players; Fauria celebrated alone, but Fallon said on his show Tuesday that he saw Fauria’s dance and would donate $10,000 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan.

Check it out around the 11-minute mark:

Fauria, who did a Miley Cyrus-like dance after his Week 1 touchdown, admitted he mastered his *N Sync moves growing up and practiced them in the mirror last week. He also heard from one of the group’s founding members, Joey Fatone, on Twitter on Monday.

“My man !!!! Nice moves !” wrote Fatone. “Can’t wait to see what u will do next !”

“It was cool,” Fauria said Tuesday. “I remember watching him and the whole group when I was a kid and it was surreal. That’s just putting into perspective that he’s just a guy, too, who has a Twitter, who hit me up. Just a regular guy, so it’s cool.”

Fauria said he hopes to hear from other band members, too, including Timberlake.

“J.T.?” Fauria said. “Love J.T. Yeah, of course.”

Contact Dave Birkett: dbirkett@freepress.com. Follow him on Twitter @davebirkett.

Beat writer Dave Birkett will answer your Lions questions in a live chat at 10 a.m. Friday at freep.com/sports. Submit early questions here. Then join special writer Nick Meyer for a live blog of the Lions-Bears game Sunday. Enter here to win tickets to the Thanksgiving game. And play NFL Pick 'Em each week to win valuable cash and prizes.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130924/S ... eph-fauria

Joe Fauria, MVP!

September 25th, 2013, 2:44 pm
League MVP

Post Re: Fauria's TD N dance insprired by JT, honored by Jimmy Fa
Im just gonna say it: Fauria is my kinda meathead!!!

September 25th, 2013, 3:04 pm
RIP Killer

I think if I played pro football - I'd keep my N Sync fandom to myself. I can only imagine what the TE/Safety lined up across from the guy is going to say now.

September 25th, 2013, 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Allstar

Pablo wrote:
I think if I played pro football - I'd keep my N Sync fandom to myself. I can only imagine what the TE/Safety lined up across from the guy is going to say now.

I think, in the NFL, being a rookie tight end, it's great to have something that sets you apart from the other hundreds of players. It's marketable, it's fun and it's ironic. Everyone expects the guy to spike the ball or do some other lame dance, I'm glad he did something different.
Furthermore, every great team has a "character" or two. Charles Haley for the Cowboys, Payton Manning has his little inside jokes with the Colts, McMahon with the Bears. I think it works and I like it. I think N'Sync sucks, but it's quite funny to see a 6'7" pro tight end doing an N'Sync dance in the end zone.
I think his alleged fandom may or may not be sarcasm or ironic humor. If not, still hilarious.
Any word from The Backstreet Boys on the situation?

September 25th, 2013, 7:58 pm
Position Coach

regularjoe12 wrote:
Im just gonna say it: Fauria is my kinda meathead!!!

:cheers:

September 25th, 2013, 10:46 pm
RIP Killer

He's our new Zack Follett

September 25th, 2013, 10:59 pm
League MVP

conversion02 wrote:

he s already contributed more than follett ever did

September 25th, 2013, 11:09 pm
RIP Killer

I was referring to the beginning of his celebrity following among the fan base.

September 25th, 2013, 11:40 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

conversion02 wrote:

Dude, you're going to jinx him and he's going to get a career-ending injury.
But I guess it's better than him being our new Tatum Bell, stealing luggage on the way out of town. Also better than being our new Coach Cullen, frequenting fast food restaurants while naked during a bender.

September 26th, 2013, 10:29 am
Veteran General Manager

Pablo wrote:

ROFL. My thoughts also.

September 26th, 2013, 11:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]