View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 3:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Available WRs for Lions 
1st Round Pick

Post Re: Available WRs for Lions
Mufasa wrote:
Is there something we can send Jacksonville for Cecil Shorts? He would make a formable #2.

Blackmon would be more likely available I think, but the Jags don't seem to be looking to move parts. With their new staff I think they just plan to build upon the few parts they have. If they were looking to move players I think MJD would have been moved for something.

September 27th, 2013, 2:05 pm
RIP Killer

So, now the question should be asked....do the Lions continue to search for a wide receiver? Kris Durham played pretty well yesterday, and did a good job on ST. I don't think he's an answer at the #2 receiver spot, but when he was on the field he caught the ball well. Hopefully Edwards will be back next week and give us a few more options.

September 30th, 2013, 9:40 am
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
So, now the question should be asked....do the Lions continue to search for a wide receiver? Kris Durham played pretty well yesterday, and did a good job on ST. I don't think he's an answer at the #2 receiver spot, but when he was on the field he caught the ball well. Hopefully Edwards will be back next week and give us a few more options.

Him finally figuring out how to catch makes the imediate need for a #2 a bit smaller, but I think they should keep looking. at this point with our draft record after the 3rd round, I have no problem with them picking up a young Nate calibur player in a trade. I still have hopes for trading off leshour...and even though Pett had a RARE solid game, I'd like to see us get a lil something for him too.

September 30th, 2013, 9:59 am
Player of the Year - Defense

We are not going to trade Pett. He's our best blocking TE and he still has value for that alone.

September 30th, 2013, 10:20 am
1st Round Pick

Trading Pett would be an absolute blunder of a move. They can't possibly get any more value for him than he currently gives the team and if he leaves next season they may be able to get something back in a compensatory anyways. Someone will sign him to a bloated contract because of his size and production even with the drops.

September 30th, 2013, 10:26 am
RIP Killer

rao wrote:
Trading Pett would be an absolute blunder of a move. They can't possibly get any more value for him than he currently gives the team and if he leaves next season they may be able to get something back in a compensatory anyways. Someone will sign him to a bloated contract because of his size and production even with the drops.

The bolded part is a very good reason as to not trade Pettigrew. I can't see the Lions extending him (I'll be PISSED if they do sign him to a new deal that is worth anything more than vet minimum) and his going to another team may net us a higher comp pick than his trade value would bring. It would all depend on the value of his contract and his performance with the new team.

September 30th, 2013, 11:04 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Exactly. We Need Pett blocking this season. After the Season they can let him walk and take the Comp Pick, keep working with Fauria's blocking (hell ofc be a Passing threat also), bring back Smith (It was smith right, the 7th round Alabama Blocking Beat we stashed on IR) as a 3rd TE/Blocker, and either Keep Scheff or Let him Walk (my choice) and replace him with a Midround Pick or Midgrade FA TE. IMO Smith is Like Pett anyways, a bigger strong blocker , a little slower, but solid hands in the red zone. Next year I wouldnt be botheres to have Fauria and Smith both in when we are at the 10 or closer in Redzone.

As far as 2nd Receiver, I agreee we should keep looking but if Durham can match his play in this game I wouldnt trade anything big away for it, and would rather offer late conditional picks for players looking to get off their teams. Anyone have an opinion on Kenny Britt? I think he is injured, but would he be worth a late conditional? Then again if Durhams playing better and we expect Edwards back soon, and Nate back near the end of season, not sure we need another Injured WR.

September 30th, 2013, 3:03 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

DJ-B wrote:
Exactly. We Need Pett blocking this season. After the Season they can let him walk and take the Comp Pick, keep working with Fauria's blocking (hell ofc be a Passing threat also), bring back Smith (It was smith right, the 7th round Alabama Blocking Beat we stashed on IR) as a 3rd TE/Blocker, and either Keep Scheff or Let him Walk (my choice) and replace him with a Midround Pick or Midgrade FA TE. IMO Smith is Like Pett anyways, a bigger strong blocker , a little slower, but solid hands in the red zone. Next year I wouldnt be botheres to have Fauria and Smith both in when we are at the 10 or closer in Redzone.

As far as 2nd Receiver, I agreee we should keep looking but if Durham can match his play in this game I wouldnt trade anything big away for it, and would rather offer late conditional picks for players looking to get off their teams. Anyone have an opinion on Kenny Britt? I think he is injured, but would he be worth a late conditional? Then again if Durhams playing better and we expect Edwards back soon, and Nate back near the end of season, not sure we need another Injured WR.

You are thinking of Mike Williams(not Smith) as the TE we drafted out of Alabama. Also, I agree that he's a good blocker like Pett and I for one would not be upset having Fauria and Williams as the 2 TEs going into next season.

NEVER GIVE UP!

September 30th, 2013, 3:57 pm

LionsFan4Life wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

You are thinking of Mike Williams(not Smith) as the TE we drafted out of Alabama. Also, I agree that he's a good blocker like Pett and I for one would not be upset having Fauria and Williams as the 2 TEs going into next season.

My Memory was trying to tell me I was wrong and to type Mike Williams, but my Brain didnt want to type that name ever again after the BMW travesty. Ty for correction.

September 30th, 2013, 4:41 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

No problem, I can understand the whole BMW thing.

NEVER GIVE UP!

October 1st, 2013, 8:30 am
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:

yes they should keep searching for one. linehan is doing a lot of nice things with bell and bush in the game at the same time that allows bush to be the 2nd focus in the passing game but it may be just a matter of time before teams adjust to it. durham had an acceptable performance but IMO thats only enough to stop the calls for a Matt Willis signing not the need for a bonafide No 2 WR. Lions would be much more dangerous with multiple weapons at a time drawing attention.

October 1st, 2013, 8:45 am
RIP Killer

The Lions are working out Matt Willis. So, they may bring the 'Ninja' back into the fold. Another option is to start having Theo Riddick play some slot receiver, since he played receiver at Notre Dame and was pretty good at it.

The Lions would have to release someone if they sign Willis, and my theory is that they would cut Dejon Gomes, the fifth safety. The Lions typically carry only four, so that would be the most obvious move. But with Houston and Mathis looking a little dinged up, perhaps they want to cut from another area.

Is it possible they release Kellen Moore, the professional clip board holder?

October 1st, 2013, 9:20 am

They worked out Willis last week, and signed Hawkins to practice squad and signed the DT off waivers. I think they won't make a move with Mathis and Houston being question marks for GB. Added secondary depth might be more important this week.

October 1st, 2013, 9:33 am
RIP Killer

njroar wrote:
They worked out Willis last week, and signed Hawkins to practice squad and signed the DT off waivers. I think they won't make a move with Mathis and Houston being question marks for GB. Added secondary depth might be more important this week.

My understanding is that they worked him out again....either yesterday or today.

October 1st, 2013, 9:43 am

Yeah, I saw a lot of announcements that they worked him out, so I thought the same thing. But looking over them, they all said last week. Maybe someone asked a question about him in the presser and they acknowledged he worked out last week. Who knows. With Edwards still gimpy, it'd make sense.

I don't think they get a true #2 type until the draft or offseason. Only iffy part about the draft is most WR take awhile to get up to speed unless you're taking them in the first round. And there's probably a lot better options in the early rounds depending on where we're drafting.

October 1st, 2013, 9:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next