View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 6:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Next up: Chicago Bears 
Walk On

Post Re: Next up: Chicago Bears
That's what I meant - but he should be mad at Lions fans (by definition fair weather fans, if they're not filling the home seats), and not Bear fans. He said he hated Bear fans for simply being fans of their team. That's silly, twisted logic.

If he couldn't come up with anything more than that, then he obviously doesn't dislike Bear fans.

September 27th, 2013, 1:15 pm
League MVP

I.E. wrote:
That's what I meant - but he should be mad at Lions fans (by definition fair weather fans, if they're not filling the home seats), and not Bear fans. He said he hated Bear fans for simply being fans of their team. That's silly, twisted logic.

If he couldn't come up with anything more than that, then he obviously doesn't dislike Bear fans.

so it's Lions fans' fault that Bears fans buy tickets at Fortd Field???

hmmmmmmmmmm :-k :-k :-k

Face it with the 2 teams being so close there is a lot of oposition fans at each game. That ole Megatron must be a real dumb guy to not like that....

How you draw the conclusion on the bolded part is beyond me as well. First off I never once saw the word hate in the article so....typical bears fan, blowing things out of proportion \:D/ :wink:

September 27th, 2013, 1:25 pm
Modmin Dude

I.E. wrote:

Somebody sounds butt hurt. You mad bro? 8) :ppp:

Joe Fauria, MVP!

September 27th, 2013, 1:46 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

I.E. wrote:

I'm not trashing you for being from Illinois or being a Bears fan, but come on... What non-Bear player likes Bearfan? Bearfan will spit on and throw food at opposing fans who visit Soldier Field, Bearfan will throw snowballs at opposing players as they go into the tunnel, Bearfan will start fights inside and outside of the stadium due to fandom, the list goes on and on.
I'm sure CJ thinks it's all petty and would rather not be a Pro-Bowl receiver that makes tons of bank on endorsements who stoops low enough to rile up the fans, but honestly who, outside of Chicago, likes Bearfan?
Caught a game in Dallas at AT&T Stadium wearing a Lions jersey. Those guys were nothing but polite and classy about their city and their team. Same thing at Raymond James Stadium to see the Lions play the Bucs. Classy fans, a few good-hearted pokes about being a Lions fan, but classy and good-natured.
I'm sure Calvin doesn't really care about Chicago fans one way or the other, but I'll bet he doesn't look forward to being spit on and have snowballs thrown at him when he goes to Soldier Field. Is it a stretch to believe that Calvin might think, "It's bad enough we have to see those fans once at that icebox of a stadium, but it kinda sucks to have them invade Ford Field on the other meeting as well."

September 27th, 2013, 2:08 pm
Walk On

HechePipe wrote:
I.E. wrote:

I'm not trashing you for being from Illinois or being a Bears fan, but come on... What non-Bear player likes Bearfan? Bearfan will spit on and throw food at opposing fans who visit Soldier Field, Bearfan will throw snowballs at opposing players as they go into the tunnel, Bearfan will start fights inside and outside of the stadium due to fandom, the list goes on and on.
I'm sure CJ thinks it's all petty and would rather not be a Pro-Bowl receiver that makes tons of bank on endorsements who stoops low enough to rile up the fans, but honestly who, outside of Chicago, likes Bearfan?
Caught a game in Dallas at AT&T Stadium wearing a Lions jersey. Those guys were nothing but polite and classy about their city and their team. Same thing at Raymond James Stadium to see the Lions play the Bucs. Classy fans, a few good-hearted pokes about being a Lions fan, but classy and good-natured.
I'm sure Calvin doesn't really care about Chicago fans one way or the other, but I'll bet he doesn't look forward to being spit on and have snowballs thrown at him when he goes to Soldier Field. Is it a stretch to believe that Calvin might think, "It's bad enough we have to see those fans once at that icebox of a stadium, but it kinda sucks to have them invade Ford Field on the other meeting as well."

I've been to games at stadiums all over ... Cleveland, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, Philly, Milwaukee (Packers), St. Louis, Meadowlands, Seattle, Atlanta ... all with my #34 jersey on (that I'll be wearing again Sunday).

In my substantial experience, there are idiots and bums and threatening characters everywhere... mostly because there are drunken a$$es (typically from excessive tailgating) at almost all games. To say that is some characteristic of just Bear fans is just plain wrong. Last year we had a huge tailgate in Chicago - almost 30 people, and about 50:50 Bears:Lions fans. People giving each other a hard time in a friendly way, and having fun. That's been my experience in NFL stadiums overwhelmingly. Part of it may be because I smile and joke around and have fun - vs being all defensive and serious. I'm sorry you've had bad experiences.

September 27th, 2013, 2:48 pm
RIP Killer

I.E. wrote:
I've been to games at stadiums all over ... Cleveland, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, Philly, Milwaukee (Packers), St. Louis, Meadowlands, Seattle, Atlanta ... all with my #34 jersey on (that I'll be wearing again Sunday).

In my substantial experience, there are idiots and bums and threatening characters everywhere... mostly because there are drunken a$$es (typically from excessive tailgating) at almost all games. To say that is some characteristic of just Bear fans is just plain wrong. Last year we had a huge tailgate in Chicago - almost 30 people, and about 50:50 Bears:Lions fans. People giving each other a hard time in a friendly way, and having fun. That's been my experience in NFL stadiums overwhelmingly. Part of it may be because I smile and joke around and have fun - vs being all defensive and serious. I'm sorry you've had bad experiences.

I think I agree with this statement. I've never been to a stadium for a football game outside Detroit, but I can't imagine that 50,000 people in a stadium are all idiots. I've been to Lions games where visiting fans were cool, and some where visiting fans were complete douchebags. I suspect they act much the same in their home stadiums. However, I've also been to Lions games where I've witnessed Detroit fans acting like idiots as well.

The two places that most players have said are the worst to play at is Oakland and Philly. If the players are saying it sucks to play in those stadiums because of how the fans are, I can only imagine what it would be like for a visiting fan that is at a game there.

Anyway, that's my two cents...

September 27th, 2013, 2:58 pm
Walk On

regularjoe12 wrote:
I.E. wrote:

Face it with the 2 teams being so close there is a lot of oposition fans at each game. That ole Megatron must be a real dumb guy to not like that....

How you draw the conclusion on the bolded part is beyond me as well. First off I never once saw the word hate in the article so....typical bears fan, blowing things out of proportion \:D/ :wink:

I'm not going to nitpick over the words hate, dislike or can't stand - they all mean the same thing. He said, verbatim, that he "can't stand Bear fans because they fill up the stadium - that's the reason he can't stand Bear fans". He didn't say anything about the crowd behavior or snowballs or anything else - just Bear Fans at Ford Field.

So given that, why wouldn't he ask himself why Lions fans aren't filling the seats at home, to stop that from happening? Who else's fault would it be that the home stadium has empty seats, other than the home fans? Isn't that obvious? And the condition is certainly one-way, as he wouldn't complain about Lion fans invading Soldier Field... so he is clearly openly complaining about a lack of support at home. In a really weird way.

September 27th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

m2karateman wrote:
I.E. wrote:

I think I agree with this statement. I've never been to a stadium for a football game outside Detroit, but I can't imagine that 50,000 people in a stadium are all idiots. I've been to Lions games where visiting fans were cool, and some where visiting fans were complete douchebags. I suspect they act much the same in their home stadiums. However, I've also been to Lions games where I've witnessed Detroit fans acting like idiots as well.

The two places that most players have said are the worst to play at is Oakland and Philly. If the players are saying it sucks to play in those stadiums because of how the fans are, I can only imagine what it would be like for a visiting fan that is at a game there.

Of course it's not all 50,000 fans being DBs. I bet not all of the fans in Three Rivers Stadium are idiots either, but Philly has a reputation for having idiot fans that show up to the games for a reason. I try not to speak in absolutes when it comes to people because that's just ridiculous. There is never a situation where EVERYONE is like this or that in life. But yeah, Chicago has a reputation for being a tough place to play for a reason. Philly has a reputation for being a tough place to play for a reason. But if you think you'll just be able to show up at Soldier Field wearing a Stafford jersey and share hot dogs and handshakes at Soldier field, that would be the exception and not the norm from what I've experienced. And I'm not the only person who feels this way, trust me on that.

September 27th, 2013, 3:06 pm
Walk On

Sorry about that - tailgate with me and my friends next time, and I hope your mind changes at least a little. :cheers:

September 27th, 2013, 3:08 pm
1st Round Pick

I.E. wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
I.E. wrote:

I'm not going to nitpick over the words hate, dislike or can't stand - they all mean the same thing. He said, verbatim, that he "can't stand Bear fans because they fill up the stadium - that's the reason he can't stand Bear fans". He didn't say anything about the crowd behavior or snowballs or anything else - just Bear Fans at Ford Field.

So given that, why wouldn't he ask himself why Lions fans aren't filling the seats at home, to stop that from happening? Who else's fault would it be that the home stadium has empty seats, other than the home fans? Isn't that obvious? And the condition is certainly one-way, as he wouldn't complain about Lion fans invading Soldier Field... so he is clearly openly complaining about a lack of support at home. In a really weird way.

How are Lion's fans supposed to stop Bears fans from buying tickets? Lions fans don't get to buy their tickets first.

September 27th, 2013, 3:17 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

I.E. wrote:
Sorry about that - tailgate with me and my friends next time, and I hope your mind changes at least a little. :cheers:

Might have to take you up on that. I love watching the Lions in an outdoor stadium. Chicago would be the ideal setting, since I don't have wealthy family in Green Bay with tickets to Lambeau and Minnesota isn't really worth the trip to sit in a dome. I could do that at Ford Field.
But if we could set aside the Midwest bickering, Chicago fans could have a section in Ford Field and Lions fans could have a piece of Soldier Field. It would actually be pretty sweet. I know lots of Lions fans wish the Lions had an outdoor stadium, but if we could "borrow" a piece of Soldier Field, we could get our fill of frozen Lions football.

September 27th, 2013, 3:17 pm
Walk On

rao wrote:
I.E. wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
I.E. wrote:

How are Lion's fans supposed to stop Bears fans from buying tickets? Lions fans don't get to buy their tickets first.

Seriously? You're going to argue that?

September 27th, 2013, 3:32 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

HechePipe wrote:
I.E. wrote:

Might have to take you up on that. I love watching the Lions in an outdoor stadium. Chicago would be the ideal setting, since I don't have wealthy family in Green Bay with tickets to Lambeau and Minnesota isn't really worth the trip to sit in a dome. I could do that at Ford Field.
But if we could set aside the Midwest bickering, Chicago fans could have a section in Ford Field and Lions fans could have a piece of Soldier Field. It would actually be pretty sweet. I know lots of Lions fans wish the Lions had an outdoor stadium, but if we could "borrow" a piece of Soldier Field, we could get our fill of frozen Lions football.

My buddy's gone to the last two games at Soldier Field in Lions gear and said he got treated like garbage.

September 27th, 2013, 3:43 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
I.E. wrote:

i went to the comeback win vs oakland, had seats in row 2 on the 50 yard line w full lions gear and even made a sign. the fans there try to intimidate but i think overall more respectful and knowledgable about football than average bears fan. bears fans are more whiny and obnoxious in comparison and dumb enough that they bother talking smack when the lions were 0-16 like beating the lions that season was an accomplishment

the interesting part of the oakland colliseum is leaving the stadium if you are taking the train back towards san fran. really only one way to get there, via stadium bridge which was packed w 99.9999% oakland fans and starting to get dark after the game, then it narrows as you go into a tunnel to cross under the street to get across to the train. my wife wasnt too happy with me during that ordeal esp since the lions had won. everyone looks seedy with raiders colors on but there werent any issues.

September 27th, 2013, 5:06 pm
Walk On

Well it is obviously not going to be productive to argue about what other people do or don't do. Chicago has more fans, by virtue of being from a far more populous area... and then that feeds on itself as people move all over the place & a lot of Chicago fans end up virtually everywhere. I admit - that has to be a bit annoying. I believe population is the explanation for that, vs all the Green Bay fans out there that are basically just people who will root for a winner no matter who they are. They'll all disappear if GB goes through another 20 year losing period like they did in the '70s and '80s.

But anyway... by definition a bigger population means there will be more bad fans. And if you go to a game in Chicago there will be mostly Bear fans there ... so there will be more bad guys & what some of you guys are saying may be true ... but it doesn't really mean anything at the end of the day, and of all the people I know that are Bear fans I don't know anybody that would do anything more than give an opposing fan a good natured ribbing and probably even trade off buying beers.

I'm only responsible for my own behavior and haven't see much of the stuff you guys are talking about. And I ever do, more often than not I'll speak up and point out to someone that they're being an badonkadonk no matter who they are or what team they cheer for.

Anyway... I hope it doesn't rain on Sunday (current prediction is 40% chance of showers :( ). My son and I will be with a bunch of Lions fans in Lot 3 and we won't be easy to miss in our Payton and Hester jerseys! Stop on by and say hello if you're in the area. Next week we'll be cheering for the same team!

September 27th, 2013, 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next