View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 12:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Important message to local fans from Reggie Bush 
Modmin Dude

Post Important message to local fans from Reggie Bush

September 27th, 2013, 9:44 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Important message to local fans from Reggie Bush
I hope Lions fans show up and prove Seattle fans got nothing on Lions fans. I think the crowd noise record they broke was ours from a coue of years ago in the Monday night game against the Bears. Let's take it back Detroit.

September 27th, 2013, 1:45 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Was anybody else at this game?

September 27th, 2013, 3:45 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Was anybody else at this game?

yup

September 27th, 2013, 4:50 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

12th man, my rectum. That's as good as having at least 15 men on the field.
False start.
False start.
Timeout.
False start.
INT.

September 28th, 2013, 3:36 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The Legend wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

yup

I remember watching on TV. Maybe the only time I've ever seen the ref try to quiet the crowd. Neill O'donnell was pure dumpster juice as a QB

September 29th, 2013, 9:51 am
RIP Killer

I never agreed with the idea that a team should be penalized for the fans being too loud. That's what home field advantage is supposed to be. The visiting teams are supposed to account for that possibility and have a way in which they can overcome a noisy crowd. Utterly ridiculous, in the extreme.

September 29th, 2013, 11:22 am
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
I never agreed with the idea that a team should be penalized for the fans being too loud. That's what home field advantage is supposed to be. The visiting teams are supposed to account for that possibility and have a way in which they can overcome a noisy crowd. Utterly ridiculous, in the extreme.

I agree and so did everyone else. So, the NFL quit penalizing teams defenses for the home crowd noise. They haven't penalized teams for it in about 10 years.

September 29th, 2013, 12:31 pm
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I agree and so did everyone else. So, the NFL quit penalizing teams defenses for the home crowd noise. They haven't penalized teams for it in about 10 years.

That rule no longer exists. They got rid of it a while ago.

β€œThe good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

September 30th, 2013, 5:50 am
RIP Killer

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

That rule no longer exists. They got rid of it a while ago.

I know the rule no longer exists. I said I never agreed with it when it was in place. Sometimes the NFL does the right thing, and this is one instance of that. It was a dumb rule.

September 30th, 2013, 8:55 am
Walk On

It was loud yesterday, but nowhere near the volume of that MNF game 2 years ago.

I think it feeds on itself a bit - if the crowd sees itself actually impacting the game (e.g. resulting in lots of false starts), the crowd amps it up even further.
That's what happened that Monday night. Ford Field vs J'Marcus Webb! lol

Yesterday what made me mad, is whoever was running the big screens kept the "get loud" picture up 2 seconds into every Bear play. So you couldn't see the Oline or Dline get off on the snap, and missed a ton of detail on the other side of the field. We were in the end zone, which I prefer typically... but in those seats you end up relying on the big screens. That's the first time I saw that use of the screens happen at FF, and it was frustrating as a fan of line play.

September 30th, 2013, 12:50 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I.E. wrote:
It was loud yesterday, but nowhere near the volume of that MNF game 2 years ago.

I think it feeds on itself a bit - if the crowd sees itself actually impacting the game (e.g. resulting in lots of false starts), the crowd amps it up even further.
That's what happened that Monday night. Ford Field vs J'Marcus Webb! lol

Yesterday what made me mad, is whoever was running the big screens kept the "get loud" picture up 2 seconds into every Bear play. So you couldn't see the Oline or Dline get off on the snap, and missed a ton of detail on the other side of the field. We were in the end zone, which I prefer typically... but in those seats you end up relying on the big screens. That's the first time I saw that use of the screens happen at FF, and it was frustrating as a fan of line play.

I agree that it was frustration with the guys controling the monitors kept putting that up there. There were very few replays due to it. i found that annoying.

September 30th, 2013, 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]