View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 6:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Gameday Thread: Bears @ Lions. 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Gameday Thread: Bears @ Lions.
Wow nice helmet to the back on Durham after the onside kick. And the lions are dirty...the bears are are dirty as they come

September 29th, 2013, 4:15 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

That hit in the endzone shoulda been called also. Launched into a Hit. but well take the Win.

September 29th, 2013, 4:17 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Position Coach

Got a little hairy at the end but I'll take it. Gotta work on our 2pt defence.

September 29th, 2013, 4:19 pm
1st Round Pick

DJ-B wrote:
To be fair, All IE said was Long shut down Geno Atkins (he Did great, and that he was excited to see the match-up with Suh.

I for one am surprised how badly Suh is dominating Long, even though I know how good Suh is. He is having a dominant game, and Fairley is rocking too.

Long didn't shut down Atkins, Atkins didn't get any sacks but they shut down the run completely that game. That Bears line has continued to give up more and more each game.

September 29th, 2013, 4:24 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

You can just see the difference when Mathis & Houston came out. I didn't see an injury report on Houston, but could have just wanted to get Green in there, which they shouldn't. As ugly as prevent defense is, a win is a win. 2-0 in division and 1st place heading into GB.

September 29th, 2013, 4:25 pm
RIP Killer

I'm just happy I don't have to listen to the moron bears fans at work tomorrow. However, if the bears get a takeaway, red robin gives out free burgers on Thursdays in Rockford IL. The only good thing about anything bears related.

September 29th, 2013, 4:32 pm
3rd Round Selection

conversion02 wrote:
Wow nice helmet to the back on Durham after the onside kick. And the lions are dirty...the bears are are dirty as they come

Yup. Poor play.

And what was with the kneel down time outs? Not as bad as doing a Schinao, but not great either ...

September 29th, 2013, 5:32 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Go Lions.

ps Suh made Long his bitch today

September 29th, 2013, 8:10 pm
League MVP

DJ-B wrote:
To be fair, All IE said was Long shut down Geno Atkins (he Did great, and that he was excited to see the match-up with Suh.

I for one am surprised how badly Suh is dominating Long, even though I know how good Suh is. He is having a dominant game, and Fairley is rocking too.

he said long is all-pro and that fairley would have a bad game

September 29th, 2013, 8:18 pm
League MVP

conversion02 wrote:
I'm just happy I don't have to listen to the moron bears fans at work tomorrow. However, if the bears get a takeaway, red robin gives out free burgers on Thursdays in Rockford IL. The only good thing about anything bears related.

oh you live in rockford, now i understand the recent bitterness. i lived in rockford for 3 months, hated it - espeically in the winter. also whats up with the roy williams hate, he was a way way way better player than scheffler or durham or whoever else you are comparing him to? he was garbage when he left the lions for the boys and even worse still for the bears but maybe only in his bears season was he at durham level

September 29th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

So now that Chicago is 3-1, I think it's a good time to wonder if Chicago really deserves a 3-1 record.
I mean, who have the Bears really beaten?
We were all saying this about the 2-1 Lions, but now I think it's time we ask the same question of the Bears. Looking at the Bears right now, they look like fool's gold without Urlacher. After all of the expensive toys the Bears got Cutler to play with, HE IS STILL INACCURATE. I.E. says he's not, but CUTLER CAN NOT ACCURATELY STAND IN THE POCKET AND THROW. Dude just got shown what's up by something called Glover Quin. Can we stop talking about how Cutler is on the verge of becoming this All-Pro quarterback? Hasn't happened yet, Bearfan and it's not going to anytime soon. The Lions secondary made him look like Joey Harrington today. Lost, confused, slinging the ball any damn where he pleases. Bearfan: Stop comparing Cutler to Stafford. Stafford is one of the top 8 quarterbacks in the league. Also, stop acting like your defense is as good as it was in years past. It's not. Players age, Urlacher left and clearly you're struggling to compensate and can not. The Bears are looking very Lionesque. Won 3 quick games and then exposed only to land at below .500 by the end of the year.
Good luck with Minnesota, Green Bay and yes, Detroit the rest of the way. Hope your GM nails that high draft pick this April.
\:D/

September 29th, 2013, 8:33 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

I understand that Cutler's picks were from pressure. But an accurate quarterback delivers a good pass while taking pressure. If he can't accurately throw in the face of pressure, then he can't accurately throw. If he can't throw it away or deliver it with some accuracy while the pocket is collapsing, then he simply just isn't accurate. It's football. The pocket is going to collapse sooner or later. An accurate quarterback can deliver the goods with pressure. Cutler can not.
End of story. It's been the knock on him his whole career and it came out again today. Throwing off his back foot, happy feet, inaccurate. End of story.

September 29th, 2013, 8:39 pm
1st Round Pick

HechePipe wrote:
So now that Chicago is 3-1, I think it's a good time to wonder if Chicago really deserves a 3-1 record.
We were all saying this about the 2-1 Lions, but now I think it's time we ask the same question of the Bears. Looking at the Bears right now, they look like fool's gold without Urlacher. After all of the expensive toys the Bears got Cutler to play with, HE IS STILL INACCURATE. I.E. says he's not, but CUTLER CAN NOT ACCURATELY STAND IN THE POCKET AND THROW. Dude just got shown what's up by something called Glover Quin. Can we stop talking about how Cutler is on the verge of becoming this All-Pro quarterback? Hasn't happened yet, Bearfan and it's not going to anytime soon. The Lions secondary made him look like Joey Harrington today. Lost, confused, slinging the ball any damn where he pleases. Bearfan: Stop comparing Cutler to Stafford. Stafford is one of the top 8 quarterbacks in the league. Also, stop acting like your defense is as good as it was in years past. It's not. Players age, Urlacher left and clearly you're struggling to compensate and can not. The Bears are looking very Lionesque. Won 3 quick games and then exposed only to land at below .500 by the end of the year.
Good luck with Minnesota, Green Bay and yes, Detroit the rest of the way. Hope your GM nails that high draft pick this April.

Don't go overreacting. Trestman has Cutler getting rid of the ball quicker and if their line rebounds from the Lions game Cutler should go right back to what he was doing in his previous 3 games. Their defense still managed to knock balls lose, so they still have a chance for TOs and Urlacher was one of the weakest parts of that defense the last 2 years. If anything is effecting that defense it's just the fact they have no pass rush.

September 29th, 2013, 8:51 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

rao wrote:
HechePipe wrote:

Don't go overreacting. Trestman has Cutler getting rid of the ball quicker and if their line rebounds from the Lions game Cutler should go right back to what he was doing in his previous 3 games. Their defense still managed to knock balls lose, so they still have a chance for TOs and Urlacher was one of the weakest parts of that defense the last 2 years. If anything is effecting that defense it's just the fact they have no pass rush.

Don't get me wrong, now... The Lions are no world-beaters at this point.
I'm just saying that the Bears have faced weak competition thus far and they basically laid right down for their toughest opponent in the Lions today on the road. Cutler is getting rid of the ball quicker, but what great secondary has he proven himself against so far? I don't think the NFC North fans can just say that the Bears are going to have a great season and they're going to go deep into the playoffs. For years, the best teams in the NFC North have been Green Bay and Chicago and Minnesota spoiling a few times. The Packers are down on their luck, but they'll be back. I don't think the Bears will be mentioned this year when we're talking about the good teams in the NFC North. But at week 10 or so, maybe we can have this discussion again.
I think their offensive line woes have been exposed today and I think the Lions just gave up the blueprint for beating the Bears. Ball security, pressure to the quarterback.
Just realize... The Bears didn't convert a single 3rd down today. Against the Lions. This is not a good Bears team.
Please don't bring up the Steelers. They just lost to Minnesota. That is the worst Steelers teem I've seen since the Kordell Stewart was the Quarterback. Not too sure what's wrong with Minnesota, but the Lions handled them fairly easily as well. They barely escaped Cinci and Minnesota with wins and beat up the worst Steeler team I can remember. Today they laid down for the Lions. From my foxhole, it looks like we've seen the best we're going to see from the Bears this year.

Last edited by HechePipe on September 29th, 2013, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 29th, 2013, 9:06 pm
RIP Killer

Actually, the bears converted a third down, in the 4th quarter.

Let's try not to run the bear fan out of here, he's also a lions fan...in some extent. I appreciate his insight

September 29th, 2013, 9:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next