View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 3:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Gameday Thread: Bears @ Lions. 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Gameday Thread: Bears @ Lions.
Quote:
Chicago Bears players say former teammate Israel Idonije was feeding Detroit Lions their defensive calls

Stealing signs, as Spygate taught us, is not just a baseball thing. And it's common that when a team faces one of its former longtime players, it will change up its terminology slightly just so that player's new team can't gain an advantage.

Well, the Chicago Bears seem to think that defensive end Israel Idonije, now with the Detroit Lions, tipped his new team off about what defensive schemes the Bears were running.

September 30th, 2013, 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Pablo wrote:
Quote:
Chicago Bears players say former teammate Israel Idonije was feeding Detroit Lions their defensive calls

Stealing signs, as Spygate taught us, is not just a baseball thing. And it's common that when a team faces one of its former longtime players, it will change up its terminology slightly just so that player's new team can't gain an advantage.

Well, the Chicago Bears seem to think that defensive end Israel Idonije, now with the Detroit Lions, tipped his new team off about what defensive schemes the Bears were running.
So they use the exact same defense and calls as last year, when they had a different coaching staff??? :confused:
Sorry, I'm calling BS on this one.

Not too mention, didn't Chicago bring in a couple former Lions in the off-season (Spivey for one)? If so, why didn't they know about the Lions D?

September 30th, 2013, 2:00 pm
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
Quote:

If the Bears coaching staff is so damn stupid they have carried over the defensive calls from one regime to another while facing an opposing player familiar with those calls, then they deserved to lose that game.

BOO HOO....that's all I hear.

September 30th, 2013, 2:02 pm
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:
Not too mention, didn't Chicago bring in a couple former Lions in the off-season (Spivey for one)? If so, why didn't they know about the Lions D?
*cough, cough*
Quote:
Bears signed DT Landon Cohen.
Cohen will provide defensive line depth with Henry Melton (torn ACL) on injured reserve. A seventh-round pick by the Lions in 2008, he’s appeared in three games over the past two seasons. Sep 27 – 11:24 AM

Free agent S Amari Spievey worked out for the Bears on Tuesday.
It’s Spievey’s first workout since being cut loose by the Lions. He’d be the Bears’ fourth safety. Sep 17 – 6:16 PM
As I say, BS

September 30th, 2013, 2:03 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

m2karateman wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Quote:

If the Bears coaching staff is so damn stupid they have carried over the defensive calls from one regime to another while facing an opposing player familiar with those calls, then they deserved to lose that game.

BOO HOO....that's all I hear.

Seriously...Bears and their fans sound like us for once. :D

Don't forget that Flu also spent time with the Bears during the offseason.

September 30th, 2013, 2:04 pm
Modmin Dude

September 30th, 2013, 2:41 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

So you are saying the Lions Coaching Staff Outsmarted the Bears coaching staff?

:cheers:

September 30th, 2013, 2:52 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Modmin Dude

Shortz' take:
Quote:
Schwartz: Call-tipping claims 'ridiculous'
September, 30, 2013
By Michael Rothstein | ESPN.com

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz scoffed at the notion former Chicago Bears defensive lineman Israel Idonije tipped off defensive line calls to his new team, the Lions on Sunday.

The Lions allowed only one sack and rushed for 159 yards in their 40-32 win over Chicago.

“Yeah, I really think that’s ridiculous,” Schwartz said. “I think it takes away from the players on the field. We rushed for a lot of yards because we blocked them and Reggie Bush broke tackles and things like that.

“To say Reggie Bush is eight yards behind the quarterback and that he can hear what I line call is, you know, I think that’s ridiculous.”

Idonije played the past nine seasons for the Bears before coming to Detroit in the offseason. Chicago changed coaching staffs after last season, replacing Lovie Smith with Marc Trestman.

“I think they had a good game plan for us in the run game. They have Israel Idonije over there, who was a long time player for us, and who also happens to really know our defense,” Chicago safety Chris Conte said Sunday. “So they really had a great scheme going. But we just have to have a better effort individually. That’s all there is to it.”

At least one Bears player told ESPN.com’s Michael C. Wright that Detroit broke a lot of its biggest runs when the Bears called a “power” stunt, switching their routes to try and mess with the offensive line.

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lions/p ... ridiculous

September 30th, 2013, 4:06 pm
RIP Killer

DJ-B wrote:

No, we are saying the Bears outdumbed themselves...

September 30th, 2013, 5:09 pm
Profile WWW

Pablo wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

No, we are saying the Bears outdumbed themselves...

Even better. \:D/

September 30th, 2013, 7:09 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
League MVP

TheRealWags wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Quote:

So they use the exact same defense and calls as last year, when they had a different coaching staff??? :confused:
Sorry, I'm calling BS on this one.

i doubt spievey actually knows the plays given his ineffectiveness and concussion history...jk

September 30th, 2013, 7:59 pm
League MVP

rao wrote:
It seems like Delmas is playing a little more under control now. I wonder how much of that is because of Quinn and his presence on the field. They seem to be working well with each other and Delmas isn't trying to run around everywhere to make a play.

i dont necessarily agree that he s playing any different than before. i got pretty nervous when he leg whipped the goal post landing after breaking up a pass.

September 30th, 2013, 8:03 pm
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:
It seems like Delmas is playing a little more under control now. I wonder how much of that is because of Quinn and his presence on the field. They seem to be working well with each other and Delmas isn't trying to run around everywhere to make a play.

i dont necessarily agree that he s playing any different than before. i got pretty nervous when he leg whipped the goal post landing after breaking up a pass.

It depends on how you look at things. I think he's playing differently, but its because he knows he doesn't have to do it all back there, which I think was the problem before. He either felt like he had to compensate for the other safety due to their ineptitude or their lack of speed. Whatever the case, I think he has a great deal of trust in Glover Quin that he hasn't had in anybody else playing safety with him. If you want to call that control, then so be it.

And I was wondering if he was going to get up after that leg whip as well.

September 30th, 2013, 10:25 pm
NFL Veteran

m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:

It depends on how you look at things. I think he's playing differently, but its because he knows he doesn't have to do it all back there, which I think was the problem before. He either felt like he had to compensate for the other safety due to their ineptitude or their lack of speed. Whatever the case, I think he has a great deal of trust in Glover Quin that he hasn't had in anybody else playing safety with him. If you want to call that control, then so be it.

And I was wondering if he was going to get up after that leg whip as well.

I also cringed when I saw him near that goal post.

M2k explained that better than I wrote it. It's not that I think he wont fly into another player with no thought to his own safety, it's just he's not doing it even when he's out of the play now. He seems like he is only worrying about his assignment and not trying to make the play everywhere on the field.

October 1st, 2013, 12:19 am

Pablo wrote:
Quote:

I love it :lol:

October 1st, 2013, 1:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next