View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 4:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Freeman a free man 
RIP Killer

Post Freeman a free man
Josh Freeman gets released by the Buccaneers after they fail to trade him.

Your thoughts?

October 3rd, 2013, 3:23 pm
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: Freeman a free man
Looks like we got the right QB out of that draft.

October 3rd, 2013, 3:57 pm
RIP Killer

Remember how they ranked the 2009 draft QBs after each season...

1) Sanchez
2) Freeman
3) Stafford

1) Freeman
2) Sanchez
3) Stafford

2011+
1) Stafford
2) doesn't really matter!

October 3rd, 2013, 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
3rd Round Selection

Buccaneers treated him dreadfully, IMO. Schiano's a piece of work.

October 4th, 2013, 10:48 am
RIP Killer

UK Lion wrote:

Completely agree. Schiano is a train wreck.

October 4th, 2013, 1:47 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

UK Lion wrote:

I agree. I wont say he's been an all star, but to cut him like he's worse than Sanchez is amazing. I hope he finds a good home (team) and can thrive.

October 4th, 2013, 1:47 pm
QB Coach

regularjoe12 wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

I agree. I wont say he's been an all star, but to cut him like he's worse than Sanchez is amazing. I hope he finds a good home (team) and can thrive.

Freeman hasn't done himself any favors. Missing the team picture, coming late to team meetings, etc. He's been a problem child this season. Plus, the Bucs supposedly contacted every single team in the NFL to try to trade him, but nobody bought. That's probably because teams knew he was going to be released. But still, just saying that it's not all on the Bucs. If Freeman had shown up and been a good teammate, at worst he'd be on the bench right now.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 4th, 2013, 3:06 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

Freeman hasn't done himself any favors. Missing the team picture, coming late to team meetings, etc. He's been a problem child this season. Plus, the Bucs supposedly contacted every single team in the NFL to try to trade him, but nobody bought. That's probably because teams knew he was going to be released. But still, just saying that it's not all on the Bucs. If Freeman had shown up and been a good teammate, at worst he'd be on the bench right now.

A lot of that stuff was the Bucs front office selectively leaking stuff to the media to win the PR battle. They're trying to ruin the guy--it's despicable if you ask me.

October 4th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Agreed. There is a good article about it. It's as simple as Schiano is on the Hot Seat. Hes a Militaristic type leader, and the team is already getting sick of it. He Likes Fired up Rah Rah type QBs, and Freeman is the Laid Back Non Vocal type like CJ. The Team liked Freeman and considered him a good team player having some bad games. The Team is doing woefully bad , and Schiano needs a scapegoat to buy time, so he benches Freeman. The relationship between them is poisoned so yeah, the QB who is "Laid Back, Dont Speak Up, Look the other way" type of guy starts responding negatively to the "Pushy Military Style" coach.

The likely reason Nobody traded for him is his contract is for 6.5 Million combined with the info being leaked. I wouldnt be suprised to see him land a solid backup gig by the end of the season. Then again I never thought he was that great of a QB to begin with. Schiano is the bigger problem, and his time is growing short in Tampa.

October 4th, 2013, 4:19 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
3rd Round Selection

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

Freeman hasn't done himself any favors. Missing the team picture, coming late to team meetings, etc. He's been a problem child this season.

I agree he hasn't been perfect by any stretch. But the leaking of info was dreadful by the Bucs. Fine if the guy doesn't have a future in your organisation any more - cut him. But don't try and prevent him from having a future in other organisations - that's just petty and vindictive IMO.

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Plus, the Bucs supposedly contacted every single team in the NFL to try to trade him, but nobody bought. That's probably because teams knew he was going to be released.

Appears so as he's just signed with the Vikings having received interest (as a starter, reportedly) in Buffalo and Oakland.

Looks like the end of the Ponder era in Minny - as a Lions fan, that's a shame :evil:

October 7th, 2013, 7:14 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Well crap, I liked having Ponder starting in Minny! lol

I was 1/2 expecting him to end up in Jax or Cle just to get them through the year.

October 7th, 2013, 10:30 am

On paper, this is a bit scary for us. However, I think the potential impact will be lessened by the internal sh**storm this is going to kick off in Minny. They certainly seem to know how to build a team, except when it comes to the most important position. #-o ](*,)

October 7th, 2013, 10:39 am
Veteran General Manager

regularjoe12 wrote:

I was 1/2 expecting him to end up in Jax or Cle just to get them through the year.

Jax would rather go 0-16 than sign Freeman or even Tebow. Yeah, I know. Tebow sucks. But, I guarantee you, he would get them at least 1 win, which is more than their current QB's will do.

October 7th, 2013, 11:21 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Jax would rather go 0-16 than sign Freeman or even Tebow. Yeah, I know. Tebow sucks. But, I guarantee you, he would get them at least 1 win, which is more than their current QB's will do.

First off, why would the Jags prefer to go 0-16 than to sign a QB who was pretty damn good last year? That makes no sense. I'm pretty sure their new owner didn't buy the team to purposely make them the second team in history to go winless for a season.

Secondly, the Jaguars wouldn't sign Tebow for his quarterback skills. Their only possible interest in Tebow would be to have him help put butts in seats, since there are still folks in Florida who think Tebow is the best thing in football since TV was invented.

October 7th, 2013, 1:40 pm
RIP Killer

Now the real question.....how soon do the Vikes put Ponder on the market, and what will his return be?

With Freeman only getting a deal that will pay him for the remainder of this season, I have to think the Vikings keep Ponder and see if Freeman is their guy. But it's always possible that another team will be interested in Ponder if their QB situation gets shaken up. Perhaps the Texans may be interested? Buffalo? Cleveland?

October 7th, 2013, 2:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next