View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 10:14 pm



Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers 
Author Message
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3335
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers
Delmas doesnt know that he has to cover a deep half in the cover 2, results in a TD. Hope Houston chews him out for that. But hey, Delmas is a top 5 safety right?? ](*,)

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


October 6th, 2013, 3:16 pm
Profile
Online
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers
The fudgies are ready for every single run play. Lbs and S's are hitting the line immediately closing whatever hole there is

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


October 6th, 2013, 3:36 pm
Profile
Online
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers
And there's scheffler, captain drive killer, dropping another ball

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


October 6th, 2013, 3:39 pm
Profile
Red Shirt Freshman
User avatar

Joined: April 8th, 2010, 3:24 pm
Posts: 505
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers
The only good thing about this game is that it looks like New Orleans will beat Chicago, allowing the Lions to remain tied for 1st place. Overall, being 3-2 at this point in the season and having the road game against the fudgies out of the way isn't so awful--as long as CJ comes back and they take care of business against their next 3 opponents.


October 6th, 2013, 3:40 pm
Profile
Online
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers
1) how can the fudgies line up offsides on almost every play and never get called for it?

2) aj hawk is becoming a dirtier and dirtier player every year

3) the lions seem to always be terrible against a 3-4 team...like a team who has never seen a pitcher before

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


October 6th, 2013, 3:59 pm
Profile
Junior Varsity
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 178
Location: Dartmouth
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers
What is really frustrating for me...yes CJ was out, but the amount of dropped passes!! Stafford had a few inaccurate throws, but come on! The ball hits you in the hands, chest, face, etc... you catch it!

_________________
I was at this casino minding my own business, and this guy came up to me and said, "You're gonna have to move, you're blocking a fire exit." As though if there was a fire, I wasn't gonna run. If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit


October 6th, 2013, 4:25 pm
Profile
3rd Round Selection

Joined: October 19th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Posts: 1140
Location: Nottingham, England
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers
Grink wrote:
What is really frustrating for me...yes CJ was out, but the amount of dropped passes!! Stafford had a few inaccurate throws, but come on! The ball hits you in the hands, chest, face, etc... you catch it!

Thought that was a big difference today. GB receivers caught a few very tough grabs; Lions receivers dropped theirs.

Anyone else think that Bush needs to be indoors on turf to be really dangerous, too? I know he got a lot of difficult looks, but he had a couple of 1 on 1s where he couldn't make them miss the way I'd expect him to at Ford Field.

Still, first place in the division. Our D did ok vs Rodgers. No CJ. Still hopeful.


October 6th, 2013, 4:29 pm
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3584
Location: WSU
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers
UK Lion wrote:
Grink wrote:
What is really frustrating for me...yes CJ was out, but the amount of dropped passes!! Stafford had a few inaccurate throws, but come on! The ball hits you in the hands, chest, face, etc... you catch it!

Thought that was a big difference today. GB receivers caught a few very tough grabs; Lions receivers dropped theirs.

Anyone else think that Bush needs to be indoors on turf to be really dangerous, too? I know he got a lot of difficult looks, but he had a couple of 1 on 1s where he couldn't make them miss the way I'd expect him to at Ford Field.

Still, first place in the division. Our D did ok vs Rodgers. No CJ. Still hopeful.


offense had issues. firstmost problem was the lack of talent in the receiving crew. tony scheffler has declined and the lions are no longer attempting to utilize his speed. he did have a tough catch but it was too late and after he already blew an opportunity that would ve matterred. pettigrew forced his way into the game plan but it wasnt until the 2nd half, he should ve been heavily involved from the beginning but he s lost the trust of teammates and coaches. edwards, broyles, durham, ogletree - they are either banged up or too small or not good enough or playing out of position. finally stafford is a qb that is good at running the play as it was designed - if nobody is open in less than 3 seconds he has to buy more time and also to ad lib. he s not very good at it and sometimes takes sacks when the pocket is collapsing but everyone is still blocked bc he doesnt know how to escape the pocket. a good qb coach would be able to help tremendously but stafford hasnt made any strides with the chump we have. the oline is also nowhere near as good as we all thought they were - the lions were predictable all game just like they were last season making the line play more important but they couldnt open up much running room for the 1st few quarters or adequately protect stafford later in the game

the defense overall played well, 22 points vs the packers isnt that bad esp with the way the offense wasnt able to sustain much of anything. houston got beat by jones 3 times, once he got lucky and there was a sideline drop, gave up a TD on one and the last one Jones stepped out of bounds. there were some inopportune penalties as usual like the Bentley D-holding and the Suh trip but overall this group did okay. without calvin know, they needed to generate a more consistent rush and force some turnovers.


October 6th, 2013, 5:04 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2186
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers
1. The Packers blitzed the hell out of us and we didn't make them pay one time. The blitz had our O-line completely lost. I would love to see Reggie Bush on a wheel route a few times each game.

2. Yes Stafford must get better in the pocket. I do think he has marginally improved in this area this season but when the pocket collapses, there is no explanation to where he runs with the ball. He almost always seems to retreat backwards. I agree that a new QB coach would do wonders for him.

3. Israel Idonijae is almost as ineffective as Kyle Vanden Bosch last year. He is a black eye to our D-line and I hope that we try to sign Seymore before SF.

4. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse talking about these WRs. Kris Durham is big for no reason and probably would not stick with any other pro team. He is a smaller crappier version of Scheffler, who should've been traded before the season began. Broyles would be pretty good if he could stay on the field for more than 10 snaps a game. without CJ & Nate, Ogletree is our best WR lol. I really hope Corey Fuller is making strides in practice because as it stands now, we will be taking a WR in round 1 come the draft.

5. Chris Houston probably shouldn't have played today. At some point Slay needs to "get it"

6. I'm not excited about playing the Browns and Bengals in the next 2 weeks

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


October 6th, 2013, 5:44 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7317
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers
kdsberman wrote:
Delmas doesnt know that he has to cover a deep half in the cover 2, results in a TD. Hope Houston chews him out for that. But hey, Delmas is a top 5 safety right?? ](*,)


Actually, if you TIVOed the game, watch that playn again. When they showed the all 22 camera replay, you could see that Delmas made the right choice. If Delmas didn't cover the middle receiver, there was no-one else anywhere near him and it would have ended up a TD to the middle receiver. Houston blew that coverage. Not, Delmas.


October 6th, 2013, 7:36 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3125
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Delmas doesnt know that he has to cover a deep half in the cover 2, results in a TD. Hope Houston chews him out for that. But hey, Delmas is a top 5 safety right?? ](*,)


Actually, if you TIVOed the game, watch that playn again. When they showed the all 22 camera replay, you could see that Delmas made the right choice. If Delmas didn't cover the middle receiver, there was no-one else anywhere near him and it would have ended up a TD to the middle receiver. Houston blew that coverage. Not, Delmas.

Nope. Houston said after the game that there was supposed to be safety help over the top in the coverage they had called. Assuming Houston is correct, that means Delmas screwed up there.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


October 6th, 2013, 8:05 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7317
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Delmas doesnt know that he has to cover a deep half in the cover 2, results in a TD. Hope Houston chews him out for that. But hey, Delmas is a top 5 safety right?? ](*,)


Actually, if you TIVOed the game, watch that playn again. When they showed the all 22 camera replay, you could see that Delmas made the right choice. If Delmas didn't cover the middle receiver, there was no-one else anywhere near him and it would have ended up a TD to the middle receiver. Houston blew that coverage. Not, Delmas.

Nope. Houston said after the game that there was supposed to be safety help over the top in the coverage they had called. Assuming Houston is correct, that means Delmas screwed up there.

Then someone hosed the coverage on the middle receiver and Delmas had to come off the outside coverage.


October 6th, 2013, 8:06 pm
Profile
5th Round Pick - Traded

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 1050
Location: Wolverine, Mi.
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers
What a TOTAL stink job by Lydowns today! Without Calvin we are nothing. Just goes to show how thin the talent base is on this team. You can thank Mayhew's poor drafting for that.


October 6th, 2013, 8:16 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9855
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers
liontrax wrote:
What a TOTAL stink job by Lydowns today! Without Calvin we are nothing. Just goes to show how thin the talent base is on this team. You can thank Mayhew's poor drafting for that.


No, it's not just that. It has to do with coaching as well. The team was simply not prepared to play today. It's the coaches job to prepare them. Other teams lose valuable starters and continue to be competitive, if not win the tough games. The Lions are too heavily dependent on a couple key players, and they use that as an excuse for their losses. They are not reasons, just excuses. It also falls on the players themselves. Calvin can't catch the ball for the receivers, or throw the ball for Stafford, or defend the opposition. Those are all things that were in question today, and something Calvin has no part of during any given game. Same with Reggie Bush. I agree that it changes the defensive look that the team will see if CJ or RB21 is not in the game. But that's no reason or excuse for missed passes, dropped passes, or poor coverage. These guys get paid hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars to play this game and win, with or without CJ and RB21. They need to be reminded of that.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


October 6th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Profile
Stadium Announcer

Joined: October 30th, 2011, 8:16 pm
Posts: 82
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions @ Packers
One of my friends put it very well, if the best thing you have going for you is that you were roommates with stafford in college, you might need to get cut. Just about every receiver looked worthless today. ill give ogletree a pass since he hasnt even been on our roster for a week.


October 7th, 2013, 12:55 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: conversion02 and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.