View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 9:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Available WRs for Lions 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Available WRs for Lions
rao wrote:
Ogletree should be able to handle the outside spot decently allowing Broyles to stay in the slot. It's a good depth move and could work out really well if he can reproduce those 2 games he had in Dallas.

doubt it, he faded fast after that in Dallas. He was targeted 21 times so far this season with just 8 grabs (and only an 8.8 ypc avg) - this guy will drop passes on you at a Pett rate...

October 2nd, 2013, 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

Pablo wrote:
rao wrote:
Ogletree should be able to handle the outside spot decently allowing Broyles to stay in the slot. It's a good depth move and could work out really well if he can reproduce those 2 games he had in Dallas.

doubt it, he faded fast after that in Dallas. He was targeted 21 times so far this season with just 8 grabs (and only an 8.8 ypc avg) - this guy will drop passes on you at a Pett rate...

Do you know they were really drops this season? I never really watched Tampa this season but Freeman had a 45.7% completion rate before being benched and I doubt that was because his WRs were dropping all his passes. Vincent Jackson has only caught 17 of 41 with 7 of 13 of those happening with Mike Glennon now at QB.

His targets went down significantly in Dallas as the season went on and he was catching most of what was coming his way. I don't like Dallas and dont watch their games, so maybe he just couldn't get open, but his stat line wasn't bad for a WR with only 56 targets.

October 2nd, 2013, 3:55 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Quote:
rao wrote:

So who gets released by the Lions to open up that roster spot? Please say Kellen Moore.

Tim

October 2nd, 2013, 3:56 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

They haven't announced yet.

As for Dallas... Miles Austin and Witten returned from injuries which saw the drop in production. That's why he went to TB, but Mike Williams returned to form so he was behind Jackson and Williams again, so he's in a perfect spot here. It also gives us more flexibility to use different sets again. I think it's what we talked about earlier... someone who was hungry behind others and will work harder here to earn time. If it doesn't work out, nothing in his contract is guaranteed.

October 2nd, 2013, 4:05 pm
RIP Killer

njroar wrote:
They haven't announced yet.

As for Dallas... Miles Austin and Witten returned from injuries which saw the drop in production. That's why he went to TB, but Mike Williams returned to form so he was behind Jackson and Williams again, so he's in a perfect spot here. It also gives us more flexibility to use different sets again. I think it's what we talked about earlier... someone who was hungry behind others and will work harder here to earn time. If it doesn't work out, nothing in his contract is guaranteed.

They may not release anyone. The Lions could choose to table Patrick Edwards and put him on IR.

October 2nd, 2013, 5:43 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

They released D'Anthony Smith. The DT they picked up off waivers late last week.

October 2nd, 2013, 5:48 pm
RIP Killer

njroar wrote:
They released D'Anthony Smith. The DT they picked up off waivers late last week.

So now we have four DTs and four DEs on the roster. Typically we have nine DL.

October 2nd, 2013, 5:49 pm
NFL Veteran

m2karateman wrote:
njroar wrote:

That is really odd for them. Seems like they may make another move before Sunday.

October 2nd, 2013, 5:51 pm
RIP Killer

rao wrote:
Do you know they were really drops this season?

I don't watch Tampa much but I do watch (or am often forced into watching) the Cowgirls and I was never that impressed with him. He was one of those guys that they would say keep an eye on, he is having a good camp, and then fizzle out. He did most of his damage in Dallas actually as the WR3 when Dez and Austin were healthy - check out game one last year when he was on Nat'l TV in the season opener and had a 100+ yd, 2TD game. His other big game last year also came with Dez and Austin both playing (and Witten at TE). I just don't think Romo had much faith in him.

I actually thought the Lions might look to Mohamed Massaquoi, who like "White Chocolate", played with Staff at Georgia and is a FA.

October 2nd, 2013, 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

Pablo wrote:
rao wrote:
Do you know they were really drops this season?

I don't watch Tampa much but I do watch (or am often forced into watching) the Cowgirls and I was never that impressed with him. He was one of those guys that they would say keep an eye on, he is having a good camp, and then fizzle out. He did most of his damage in Dallas actually as the WR3 when Dez and Austin were healthy - check out game one last year when he was on Nat'l TV in the season opener and had a 100+ yd, 2TD game. His other big game last year also came with Dez and Austin both playing (and Witten at TE). I just don't think Romo had much faith in him.

I actually thought the Lions might look to Mohamed Massaquoi, who like "White Chocolate", played with Staff at Georgia and is a FA.

I don't hate Massaquoi, but the guy has only caught more than half his targets once in his career and that was last season when he only played in nine games. I feel like the only reason people think he's a nice pick up is because of how awful the rest of CLE looked most of the years he was there. He couldn't even stick with NYJ, so I think he would be less inspiring than Ogletree.

October 2nd, 2013, 6:19 pm
Pop Warner Vet

njroar wrote:
And as I posted that, we've just worked out and signed Ogletree who was released by Tampa last night.

Makes sense if for no other reason that we play Tampa and the Cowgirls this season.

October 3rd, 2013, 12:30 pm
QB Coach

Browns supposedly want a 2nd for Gordon, with the 49ers looking into him but no trade likely. I think I'd offer a conditional 3rd and if he gets suspended again for the remainder of his current contract, we get something back from the Browns.

October 7th, 2013, 5:27 pm
League MVP

rao wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
njroar wrote:

That is really odd for them. Seems like they may make another move before Sunday.

the odd move was cutting bannan and adding fluellen even though bannan beat him out in training camp. smith was a developmental type signing they were trying to stash on the roster.

October 7th, 2013, 5:29 pm
League MVP

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Browns supposedly want a 2nd for Gordon, with the 49ers looking into him but no trade likely. I think I'd offer a conditional 3rd and if he gets suspended again for the remainder of his current contract, we get something back from the Browns.

i just think there are red flags. id love to have him on my fantasy team but he came into the league via the supplemental draft bc he was basically kicked off his team at baylor and was supposed to transfer but went to the nfl instead and in a short time in the nfl he s already getting suspended. its unlikely he ever stops being a habitual marijuana user. the niners maybe are willing to take more risk since they were in the super bowl last year and even they arent going to hand over the 2nd rounder. hakeem nicks, stevie johnson, maybe even nate washinton - id go after one of those guys

October 7th, 2013, 5:36 pm
QB Coach

Nicks is on the last year of his deal and is looking to get PAID. The Bills aren't trading Stevie Johnson. Nate Washington has one year after this on his deal and both are at over $4M. We already have one overpaid Nate at WR lol. I know Gordon has red flags, but he's big, pretty fast and cheap for this and the following 2 seasons before his deal expires.

October 7th, 2013, 5:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next