View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 6:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Levy & Quin 
Pop Warner Vet

Post Levy & Quin
Honestly, how impressed are you guys with how these two dudes have performed so far. Levy has blown me away with his ability making tackles in the open field and his play recognition I do not know what has sparked his turn around, him or coaches but bravo. This is a guy who I was never high on since they drafted him and always saw him as a below average lb. So far he's been our best defensive player in my opinion.

The front office made some amazing moves this offseason getting both Quin and Bush, I cannot recall having such great talent come in immediately and make such a large impact for our team. I really hope both Quin and Levy can continue what it is they are doing and teach it to the others guys. We need to make these fellas career Lions.

Too early to say we have the top safety duo in delmas and quin?

October 7th, 2013, 6:13 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Levy & Quin
Levy has really improved, I wouldn't call him our D-MVP (Suh at this point) but he has certainly been a pleasant surprise.

The Quin and Delmas pairing has worked out very well so far. Too early, I'd say it takes more than 5 games to make any sort of grandiose proclamations about the safety duo in the D.

October 8th, 2013, 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Team MVP

Agree. Im very surprised with Levy's play, but at the same time am very pleased. Also love the Quin signing, but would not call them the best safety duo. I find Delmas average at best.

Like Pablo said, I'd definitely rate Suh as our best defensive player so far.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 8th, 2013, 8:06 pm
League MVP

kdsberman wrote:
Agree. Im very surprised with Levy's play, but at the same time am very pleased. Also love the Quin signing, but would not call them the best safety duo. I find Delmas average at best.

Like Pablo said, I'd definitely rate Suh as our best defensive player so far.

Suh is the best player but the way he plays makes life very difficult for the LBs and Ss in run support. He takes himself out of way too many plays. Obviously a lot of is the scheme and im not saying it to rip Suh but it makes Levy/Tulloch's performance all the more impressive given the DTs arent keeping lineman off the LBs.

October 8th, 2013, 10:54 pm
1st Round Pick

I think a good portion of the credit for the better LB play should go to Quinn and Delmas. The LBs can play closer to the LoS and no longer have to be concerned about the occasional play getting behind them because they have faith in Quinn/Delmas. Also having the ability to safely bring up a safety to help in run defense is nice.

October 9th, 2013, 11:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]