View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 12:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Raiola Goes Off 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Raiola Goes Off
I know this is terrible, but I couldn't help but laugh:

Quote:
One band member Zach York posted publicly on his Facebook page: 'Dominic Raiola is literally the worst person I have ever had the fortune to encounter.

Zach York, who plays in the University of Wisconsin Marching Band, dubbed Raiola 'the worst person I have ever had the fortune to encounter'

'After marching down the field awaiting the national anthem, He went off on a verbal tirade, among other things, questioning my sexuality (as a band member) and then continued on to bring my sister and my recently deceased mother into the conversation.

'After I refused to give him the satisfaction of turning to look at him, he switched targets to a trombone ranting at him calling him overweight and saying he can't play a real sport.

'After our halftime show, the same fine gentleman called a female member of the band the "c" word.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -game.html

October 8th, 2013, 9:12 am
League MVP

Post Re: Raiola Goes Off
unprofessional but not surprising given his history. im expecting a fine slapped down from the team. hard to believe its unprovoked but raiola should be the pro here esp after 10+ years in the league

October 8th, 2013, 11:18 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Words that I have never read nor heard:

"it was a proud honor getting to know Raiola"

Dudes a jerk. end of story

October 8th, 2013, 11:21 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Raiola really is pretty much the worst guy ever.

October 8th, 2013, 11:35 am
RIP Killer

I've read some comments from former UW band members who have played at GB games, and even they admit the band gives opposing players crap all the time. While Raiola should know better, I wouldn't exactly say this situation was unprovoked. I even read a comment from a GB fan that was at the game who stated he heard the band members saying stuff to Lions players.

So, while that's no excuse for Raiola to go off and say the stuff he did, let's remember that the college 'kids' are legally adults and should know better themselves. It's not the first time there's been stuff said by opposing players to band members who have decided to act tough and insult a pro football player.

October 8th, 2013, 1:22 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Why is it ok for college band members to attend professional events. But, it would be an improper benefit for a college athlete to attend a pro game?

October 8th, 2013, 1:36 pm
Pop Warner Vet

Why he is still on the team is beyond me, the guy is a subpar center and has issues. I wish they would just cut him and be done with it.

October 8th, 2013, 2:22 pm

MobiusOne wrote:
Why he is still on the team is beyond me, the guy is a subpar center and has issues. I wish they would just cut him and be done with it.

And start who exactly?

we have NO ONE even remotely capable of starting at Center this year....no one!

and M2k I am thinking the same as you. Dom IS a jerk, and in no way am i trying to hide that fact, BUT, most of the time when he lets his Jerk Flag fly it's been provoked in one way or another. he doesnt seem to start the nonsense very often, but he does love crossing that preverbial line so everyone knows who the king of a$$hole$ is!

October 8th, 2013, 2:38 pm
Pop Warner Vet

regularjoe12 wrote:
MobiusOne wrote:

And start who exactly?

and M2k I am thinking the same as you. Dom IS a jerk, and in no way am i trying to hide that fact, BUT, most of the time when he lets his Jerk Flag fly it's been provoked in one way or another. he doesnt seem to start the nonsense very often, but he does love crossing that preverbial line so everyone knows who the king of a$$hole$ is!

Don't think Nagy could fill in at this point?

October 8th, 2013, 3:18 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

MobiusOne wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
MobiusOne wrote:

And start who exactly?

Nagy is no longer on the roster. I would imagine it'd be Dylan Gandy playing C if Dom was benched.

NEVER GIVE UP!

October 8th, 2013, 4:28 pm
RIP Killer

MobiusOne wrote:

Actually, from what I have seen Dom is having one of his best years both on the field and off the field pissing off the fans...

October 8th, 2013, 4:53 pm
Profile WWW

MobiusOne wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
MobiusOne wrote:

And start who exactly?

He'd prolly have to be on the roster first for him to play :wink:

Right now Gandy is our backup center. He's started a whole whopping 6 games in 8 years, and those are at guard I believe. And 6 of those years he was a backup on our very suspect line. If he couldn't crack into our lineup as a guard, I have no confidence in him at center.

October 8th, 2013, 6:01 pm
League MVP

MobiusOne wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
MobiusOne wrote:

And start who exactly?

nagy is more injury prone than jason fox

October 8th, 2013, 10:56 pm
NFL Veteran

I think Raiola just doesn't have a filter, so if someone says anything to him he just says the first thing that pops into his head. He also seems to have a bit of little man syndrome even though he's not a small guy. Maybe it's just all the years playing against much bigger Dlineman has made him the orneriest man in the world.

October 9th, 2013, 10:58 am

rao wrote:
I think Raiola just doesn't have a filter, so if someone says anything to him he just says the first thing that pops into his head. He also seems to have a bit of little man syndrome even though he's not a small guy. Maybe it's just all the years playing against much bigger Dlineman has made him the orneriest man in the world.

Centers are supposed to be Jerks...been that way for as long as i can remember. Dom just does a better job embracing that role more than most! ;)

October 9th, 2013, 1:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next