View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 29th, 2014, 12:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Lions’ Scheffler concussed, Packers’ Jerron McMillian fined 
Modmin Dude

Post Lions’ Scheffler concussed, Packers’ Jerron McMillian fined
PFT wrote:
Lions’ Tony Scheffler concussed, Packers’ Jerron McMillian fined
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 11, 2013, 7:59 AM EDT

Lions tight end Tony Scheffler has a concussion, and Packers defensive back Jerron McMillian has been fined for giving it to him.

McMillian told FOXSportsWisconsin.com the NFL fined him $15,000 for hitting Scheffler. McMillian was leading with his shoulder, not his head, but it was still an illegal hit because Scheffler was in a defenseless posture and McMillian hit him in the head.

McMillian, who has previously complained that the NFL picks on the Packers when it comes to fines for hits, said after his latest fine that he has no plans of changing the way he plays.

“Not at all,” McMillian said. “Just have to keep playing. Hopefully when they go back and look at the tape, they’ll change their mind about it.”

Scheffler has now suffered three concussions in his four years with the Lions, and coach Jim Schwartz says he’s concerned.

“The concern with Scheffler is he didn’t manifest symptoms until two days after,” Schwartz said. “Even on Monday he didn’t have headaches or any of the other symptoms. When he came to work Tuesday we saw it. That’s why it’s so hard to diagnose these things. . . . Any time you get a concussion, whether it’s your first, third, you bounce back quickly or you don’t, it’s always a concern.”

Missing Scheffler would be another blow to a Lions passing game that is also without Nate Burleson because of a broken arm, and possibly without Calvin Johnson because of a bad knee.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ian-fined/
Yikes! His 3rd? He'll likely be out for a bit...or at least he should be. Get well Scheffler. Go Fauria! :ppp:

October 11th, 2013, 9:44 am
NFL Veteran

Post Re: Lions’ Scheffler concussed, Packers’ Jerron McMillian fi
CJ missing time is starting to become a concern. I don't want to see Schwartz getting another year on the fact the team has had injury trouble at the receiver position.

October 11th, 2013, 10:19 pm
League MVP

rao wrote:
CJ missing time is starting to become a concern. I don't want to see Schwartz getting another year on the fact the team has had injury trouble at the receiver position.

schwartz needs to show that he win games vs teams that they are pretty evenly matched up against. the lions went into the half vs GB down 3-6 but Schwartz and the coaching staff couldnt figure out a way to get an offense going. The Lions defense had been playing well but GB made some adjustments and hit them up for two big plays and a total of 4 scores in the 2nd half while the Lions got a meaningless touchdown. the loss to Arizona was pathetic, the game appeared to be in control but Coach Schwartz prefers to back off avoid a big play but almost deliberately yet slowly let teams back into games. that kind of loss is inexcusable, road wins are gold and Schwartz would rather try to play not to lose type of football.

the lions did lay it on the bears the week prior with big plays on defense, special teams, and a loud crowd that jay cutler couldnt handle.

basically i give him a 1-2 so far. in past seasons ive been convinced he doesnt know how to win a game where the lions have a small to moderate lead but its possible schwartz could improve at that and keep his job. i dunno we ll see about the improvement. regardless of what happens we may be talking about nothing bc schwartz still has 2 years left on his deal after this one.

October 12th, 2013, 9:51 am
NFL Veteran

The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:

schwartz needs to show that he win games vs teams that they are pretty evenly matched up against. the lions went into the half vs GB down 3-6 but Schwartz and the coaching staff couldnt figure out a way to get an offense going. The Lions defense had been playing well but GB made some adjustments and hit them up for two big plays and a total of 4 scores in the 2nd half while the Lions got a meaningless touchdown. the loss to Arizona was pathetic, the game appeared to be in control but Coach Schwartz prefers to back off avoid a big play but almost deliberately yet slowly let teams back into games. that kind of loss is inexcusable, road wins are gold and Schwartz would rather try to play not to lose type of football.

the lions did lay it on the bears the week prior with big plays on defense, special teams, and a loud crowd that jay cutler couldnt handle.

basically i give him a 1-2 so far. in past seasons ive been convinced he doesnt know how to win a game where the lions have a small to moderate lead but its possible schwartz could improve at that and keep his job. i dunno we ll see about the improvement. regardless of what happens we may be talking about nothing bc schwartz still has 2 years left on his deal after this one.

I think Schwartz's biggest problem when playing with a lead is he can't think from the perspective of the offense. When they get a good lead the first thing he thinks about is how the opposing defense can get a takeaway when he should be thinking about how easy his offense can move the ball. I could be wrong and it's actually Linehan, but a lot of defensive coaches seem to do the same thing.

October 12th, 2013, 3:17 pm
League MVP

rao wrote:
The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:

I think Schwartz's biggest problem when playing with a lead is he can't think from the perspective of the offense. When they get a good lead the first thing he thinks about is how the opposing defense can get a takeaway when he should be thinking about how easy his offense can move the ball. I could be wrong and it's actually Linehan, but a lot of defensive coaches seem to do the same thing.

thats pretty much it

October 12th, 2013, 4:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]