View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 3:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Gameday Thread: Lions @ Browns. 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: Gameday Thread: Lions @ Browns.
Strong win on the road against an up-and-coming team.

And remember: although we're tied with the Bears, most of their games have been at home, whereas most of ours have been on the road. We're setting ourselves up well for the rest of the season.

October 13th, 2013, 7:12 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I just finished watching the game. holy balls.

1. I'm really glad Weeden played.

2. Matthew Stafford got the most important penalty of the game. Seriously, the entire game turned after he spiked the ball and got the delay of game penalty. We finally got off the mat

3. we have the skill players to be pretty efficient in the redzone. I really hope Fauria doesn't hurt himself celebrating because he may score even more TDs if he learns to become a better route runner.

4. In the Chi game Reggie Bush fumbled the ball, we got it back and he had a nasty TD run on the next play. Yesterday he dropped a pass, and followed it with a 39 yrds run. Reggie Bush is a man and I think he is playing a lot more physically than people thought he would.

5. I hope Stafford was mic'd up again.

6. FOR ONCE I SAW SOME EMOTION FROM SCOTT LINEHAN. Thank God, I didn't think he had it in him.

7. I wonder if Joe Haden even wanted Darius Slay's uniform. How was this even mention worthy?

8. Deandre Levy has been a huge x-factor this season. He hasn't made every play this season but I think out of every member of our defense he has played with the most control. so far he is validating the contract.

9. Mikel Leshoure had 2 carries 0 fumbles :idea: :cheers: =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/

10. **** the packers beat the Ravens

October 14th, 2013, 4:22 am

Killwill25 wrote:
8. Deandre Levy has been a huge x-factor this season. He hasn't made every play this season but I think out of every member of our defense he has played with the most control. so far he is validating the contract.

Levy is the NFL's interception leader. :shock:

October 14th, 2013, 8:45 am
RIP Killer

This team keeps finding ways to win... SOL, not so far!

Entering the season you had a few guys on the hot seat. Mayhew had a hell of an offseason if you look at how all the new players are working out. As for Schwartz and the coaching staff, they get a gameball for the 2nd half adjustments yesterday.

Those seats will stay a bit cooler as long as the team can continue the hot streak.

October 14th, 2013, 8:51 am
Profile WWW

Good analysis from Matt Bowen:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1809 ... nfl-week-6

Quote:
Joseph Fauria, Lions Beat the Browns Pressure

The undrafted rookie tight end from UCLA had a career day in the win over the Cleveland Browns because of the matchups versus man-coverage. Twice, Fauria ran the one-step fade against press coverage inside the five yard line for touchdowns and the Lions came back to the rookie on the inside seam for another score.

Let’s check out the smash-seam concept and talk about the ball placement from quarterback Matthew Stafford.

Lions vs. Browns

Personnel: Ace (2WR-2TE-1RB)

Formation: Doubles “Orange”

Offensive Concept: Smash-Seam

Defensive Scheme: Cover 1 Pressure

With Ace personnel on the field in a Doubles “Orange” alignment (2x2 spread), both tight ends are removed from the formation as slot receivers.

That gives Fauria the matchup versus a linebacker on the seam route against the Browns closed- (strong-) side pressure (five-man blitz) with the No. 1 receiver running the smash route. Give the free safety two inside threats (double-seam routes) and target the tight end on top of the numbers.

This is good coverage from the Browns. Low to the inside hip with a free safety in the deep middle of the field. Plus, the cornerback will drive inside to the seam route on the throw. This is now on Stafford to deliver a ball to beat the underneath coverage and avoid the secondary defenders.

Back-shoulder throw. We talk about it all of the time on the fade route, but it also applies to the seam when the quarterback reads a defender playing to the inside. This is a solid toss from Stafford, and it allows Fauria to adjust, make the catch and hold on versus a big hit. Three touchdowns for an undrafted rookie? Not bad.

October 14th, 2013, 9:57 am
Pop Warner Vet

kdsberman wrote:
Great win!

Im wondering, is Fauria only a threat when they get in the red zone? Dont see him or hear of him much any other time. I understand he's a rookie, but kinda makes me wonder why he doesnt get more snaps.

Exactly, 3rd and ____ would be a good time to get the ball to him, extend some drives. So glad we took a flier on him, he's got to be breaking some records as far as UDFAs go. I was talking to my brother about it and we both agree it'll be exciting to see him in our system a few years and watch him grow into a good route runner and fill a "Gronkowski" type role.

October 14th, 2013, 12:02 pm

Levy outperforming our WRs at this point (sorry, can't find a gif of the even better catch):

October 14th, 2013, 2:09 pm
RIP Killer

Remember when we used to have QB's like Weeden the 50 years before Staff got here. LOL!

That's worse than Dan O. throwing a pass as he is running out of the back of the endzone...

October 14th, 2013, 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2