View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 3:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Freeman a free man 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Freeman a free man
m2karateman wrote:
Now the real question.....how soon do the Vikes put Ponder on the market, and what will his return be?

With Freeman only getting a deal that will pay him for the remainder of this season, I have to think the Vikings keep Ponder and see if Freeman is their guy. But it's always possible that another team will be interested in Ponder if their QB situation gets shaken up. Perhaps the Texans may be interested? Buffalo? Cleveland?

Podner is just this side of AWFUL! I cant see anyone wanting to pick him up when Freeman was just available. IF they can get a 7th rd pick for him, they fleeced somebody. Can you imagine how bad he would be withoout one of the leagues best rushing games at his back? scary thought.

October 7th, 2013, 2:08 pm
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Well crap, I liked having Ponder starting in Minny! lol

I was 1/2 expecting him to end up in Jax or Cle just to get them through the year.

Jax would rather go 0-16 than sign Freeman or even Tebow. Yeah, I know. Tebow sucks. But, I guarantee you, he would get them at least 1 win, which is more than their current QB's will do.

First off, why would the Jags prefer to go 0-16 than to sign a QB who was pretty damn good last year? That makes no sense. I'm pretty sure their new owner didn't buy the team to purposely make them the second team in history to go winless for a season.

Secondly, the Jaguars wouldn't sign Tebow for his quarterback skills. Their only possible interest in Tebow would be to have him help put butts in seats, since there are still folks in Florida who think Tebow is the best thing in football since TV was invented.

Because I heard a report that Jax was not interested in Freeman. That tells me that they don't care about winning. And I just they Tebow in as another example that they just don't care about doing anything and everything to avoid going 0-16. Did you and a man named suh decide to take wjb's place in trying to break my friggin balls over everything I say or something?

October 7th, 2013, 3:04 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

I was 1/2 expecting him to end up in Jax or Cle just to get them through the year.

Jax would rather go 0-16 than sign Freeman or even Tebow. Yeah, I know. Tebow sucks. But, I guarantee you, he would get them at least 1 win, which is more than their current QB's will do.

First off, why would the Jags prefer to go 0-16 than to sign a QB who was pretty damn good last year? That makes no sense. I'm pretty sure their new owner didn't buy the team to purposely make them the second team in history to go winless for a season.

Secondly, the Jaguars wouldn't sign Tebow for his quarterback skills. Their only possible interest in Tebow would be to have him help put butts in seats, since there are still folks in Florida who think Tebow is the best thing in football since TV was invented.

Because I heard a report that Jax was not interested in Freeman. That tells me that they don't care about winning. And I just they Tebow in as another example that they just don't care about doing anything and everything to avoid going 0-16. Did you and a man named suh decide to take wjb's place in trying to break my friggin balls over everything I say or something?

Am I calling you names? Am I saying YOU make no sense? No and no.

I asked a question and then gave my opinion on some things. If that's breaking your balls, then you better get some balls that aren't made of candy glass.

October 7th, 2013, 6:38 pm
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

I asked a question and then gave my opinion on some things. If that's breaking your balls, then you better get some balls that aren't made of candy glass.

Where in the hell did I call you any names? I didn't call you wjb. I asked if you took his place. And it seems like I am the only one you care to argue with like you wait for me to say the sky is blue and you argue for another color.

October 7th, 2013, 7:08 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Where in the hell did I call you any names? I didn't call you wjb. I asked if you took his place. And it seems like I am the only one you care to argue with like you wait for me to say the sky is blue and you argue for another color.

I didn't accuse you of anything. You got all butthurt because you feel AManNamedSuh and myself are singling you out. That's not the case. I have had discussions with more than just you on here, and in some of them I don't have the same opinions as the other person. Wjb was disliked here NOT because of his opinions, but because of the fact that he would resort to name calling when he didn't get his way, and would refuse to acknowledge those instances in which he was proven wrong.

So, you can quit thinking the world revolves around you, and that I am choosing to go against everything you say. You and I both know that's not the case. When you've stated things I agree with, I say so. If there are things I don't agree with, I'll give my opinion as to why I don't agree.

If you can't accept people taking an opposing viewpoint, I suggest you either stop posting here or find your big boy pants and put them on.

October 8th, 2013, 8:56 am
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

i ve heard rumors the jax owner wants to move his team over to London which is something the NFL seems to at least be intrigued by and would make the owner a huge profit. still i doubt anyone wants to be 0-16 but being continuously bad is a good way to deflate the football market in Jax.

as for freeman, he s been brutal this year and has his own issues - i doubt he beats out ponder anytime soon but maybe could clean up have a good offseason and be the guy next season. cassel would probably be the bigger threat for now.

October 8th, 2013, 11:02 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The Legend wrote:
i ve heard rumors the jax owner wants to move his team over to London which is something the NFL seems to at least be intrigued by and would make the owner a huge profit. still i doubt anyone wants to be 0-16 but being continuously bad is a good way to deflate the football market in Jax.

It's pretty crazy. I've caught a couple of illegal streams of the UK broadcast of games. Every commercial is Jaguar-centric. They interviewed Khan in a soccer stadium at halftime in one game. It's like they've already moved the team there.

October 12th, 2013, 10:22 pm
RIP Killer

How would this work? It's an 8 hour flight for gods sake! Not to mention the time change on the way there. Even worse for a central team like STL or somebody. It simply won't work, not that the nfl is smart enough to realize that...or they're just money hungry enough to try it..

October 12th, 2013, 10:54 pm
Hall of Fame Player

conversion02 wrote:
How would this work? It's an 8 hour flight for gods sake! Not to mention the time change on the way there. Even worse for a central team like STL or somebody. It simply won't work, not that the nfl is smart enough to realize that...or they're just money hungry enough to try it..

Fly out a few days early. Get acclimated to the time difference. Play the game on Sunday/Monday. Get a bye the following week.

October 12th, 2013, 11:19 pm
RIP Killer

And for the team that travels 8-11 hours every other week? That'd suck to be those guys. Why would any big name Peyton manning want to play there and have to get a work visa? Just too many obstacles. Montreal or Vancouver is one thing...across the Atlantic is another. It will be a huge flop.

October 13th, 2013, 7:28 pm
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:
And for the team that travels 8-11 hours every other week? That'd suck to be those guys. Why would any big name Peyton manning want to play there and have to get a work visa? Just too many obstacles. Montreal or Vancouver is one thing...across the Atlantic is another. It will be a huge flop.

I agree. The team that is playing in London would be at a tremendous disadvantage. No players would want to join that team unless they are overpaid, or simply haven't caught on for any of the other teams. They would have to make that long trip 8 times per year.

The NFL needs to think about recreating NFL Europe. Too bad if the folks there don't like the lesser players. You either like the game of football, or you don't. If the fans there had supported NFL Europe more, the NFL would have never shut it down. I think if the NFL was stupid enough to move a team there, their first year or two of attendance would be OK, but it was decline quickly after that.

October 13th, 2013, 9:25 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Yeah, NFL Europe is going to be the only way it's viable. Use it as a viable farm league, playing games on days or times of year that the NFL isn't on and fund it primarily with the TV money. The NFLPA would have to agree to a higher owner to player percentage to overcome lesser ticket sales until it is actually sustainable. You can mix in preseason/exhibition games + the one or two competitive games with teams from the NFL to continue the ambassadorship, but there's no way to have one team permanently housed there and be competitive.

October 14th, 2013, 12:48 am
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

I agree. The team that is playing in London would be at a tremendous disadvantage. No players would want to join that team unless they are overpaid, or simply haven't caught on for any of the other teams. They would have to make that long trip 8 times per year.

The NFL needs to think about recreating NFL Europe. Too bad if the folks there don't like the lesser players. You either like the game of football, or you don't. If the fans there had supported NFL Europe more, the NFL would have never shut it down. I think if the NFL was stupid enough to move a team there, their first year or two of attendance would be OK, but it was decline quickly after that.

The NFL could schedule them to be home for 2 weeks and on the road for 2 weeks. So, they could stay in hotels for the 2 weeks they are state side. That way it is 4 round trips across the Atlantic instead of 8.

October 14th, 2013, 11:36 am
RIP Killer

oh they nay-sayers, I'm glad so often ye have been ignored over the years or we would still be living in the stone age.

We have technology now, can't they play this over Skype or something?

Players won't want to play in London? I'd personally rather play in Wembly than whatever empty dump they play in Jax. Talk about a home field advantage, they would have a home country advantage. As a great player, think about opening up endorsements to a whole new continent $$$.

As for the logistics, they just have to work out a schedule that makes sense. It could be two on, two off as Billy suggest or all sorts of interesting options. This is football, they only play one game a week - I'm sure they could work this out...

Honestly, if you are flying a chartered flight - London to NYC isn't much different than say Seattle to Miami.

Fans there aren't going to see a watered down version of the NFL anymore than you do. NFL Europe didn't work, but how many non-NFL pro leagues have worked over here? Guess we can blame American fans for not fully supporting the USFL, XFL, etc.

You also can't look at a London team as isolated as each of you are. This could be a first step, imagine a 4 team division based in Europe. The NFL is a big business with a limited upside now in a fairly saturated US market - it only makes sense to start looking overseas.

Gotta think big, speaking of which - how's than NFL team in LA looking?

October 14th, 2013, 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

But there's bigger issues than just the customer base and logistics Pablo. First is Salary. There $$ would be worth less there (now) by almost half, and then taxes are even higher. You think athletes don't look at that when deciding where to play? Lebron chose Miami over New York based on the the tax rate. Having to pay 12 million in taxes in comparison to florida is a big deal. And while be worth it for some to choose a NY market for advertising purposes, trust me I've personally spoken to a few that say it's a big part of why they turn down certain deals. The fans always say well it's gotta be the ownerships or the coach, but $$ does play a big deal into it.

The highest rate for England is currently 45%, plus there are many more deductions that would come out, pushing it even higher. Add in the currency difference and the only players that will find that appealing will be the lower tier of players. Unless they suddenly gave EU teams a completely different salary cap, it would be hard to entice the top free agents there.

October 14th, 2013, 12:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next