View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 9:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 The Official Leyland Must Go Thread 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
truth be told, I really like Jim Leyland. I just think he has some of the worst luck in baseball.

October 16th, 2013, 12:10 am
Hall of Fame Player

conversion02 wrote:
Sure, why not? I tend to avoid reading most of your posts on the tigers anyway. Same old crap every year, leyland sucks, fire leyland, wah wah. Yeah, it's his managing that gives up homers, blows saves, can't get a F'ing hit...must be his fault.

3 times. 3 times we had a runner on 3rd base with 1 out. And every jackass that followed them up to bat swung for the stinking fences and we walked away leaving that runner at 3rd base. This team has not 1 clue how to play situational baseball. AND THAT MOST CERTAINLY IS LEYLANDS FAULT. In a 1 run game, you shorten your swing when there is a runner at 3rd and only 1 out or less. This helps you ensure that you get good wood on the ball and drive it into the outfield. This is called a sacrifice fly and an RBI. We had 3 chances to do it. We failed to even try. We just swing for the fences. Guess what? The HR doesn't happen far more often than it does. And the argument that this team isn't built to do it is absolute BS. Anybody that has any concept of fundamental baseball can do it. IF THEY PRACTICE IT EVEN JUST A LITTLE BIT. I guarantee you Jackson scores from 3rd if even 1 einstein lays down a sacrifice bunt. I swear, This years Tigers team has lost more games 1-0 than any team in the history of baseball at any level. RANT OFF!

October 16th, 2013, 12:58 am
Heisman Winner

BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Sure, why not? I tend to avoid reading most of your posts on the tigers anyway. Same old crap every year, leyland sucks, fire leyland, wah wah. Yeah, it's his managing that gives up homers, blows saves, can't get a F'ing hit...must be his fault.

3 times. 3 times we had a runner on 3rd base with 1 out. And every jackass that followed them up to bat swung for the stinking fences and we walked away leaving that runner at 3rd base. This team has not 1 clue how to play situational baseball. AND THAT MOST CERTAINLY IS LEYLANDS FAULT. In a 1 run game, you shorten your swing when there is a runner at 3rd and only 1 out or less. This helps you ensure that you get good wood on the ball and drive it into the outfield. This is called a sacrifice fly and an RBI. We had 3 chances to do it. We failed to even try. We just swing for the fences. Guess what? The HR doesn't happen far more often than it does. And the argument that this team isn't built to do it is absolute BS. Anybody that has any concept of fundamental baseball can do it. IF THEY PRACTICE IT EVEN JUST A LITTLE BIT. I guarantee you Jackson scores from 3rd if even 1 einstein lays down a sacrifice bunt. I swear, This years Tigers team has lost more games 1-0 than any team in the history of baseball at any level. RANT OFF!

If big leaguers don't know the fundamentals of the game it wasn't Leyland that didn't teach it jackass. I love this post the most you say it's most certainly Leyland's fault then you go on a rant where you talk about how hitters didn't get the job done, genius. Furthermore, who's to say they didn't practice that, are you in on their practice days?

October 16th, 2013, 10:10 am
Hall of Fame Player

aManNamedSuh wrote:
BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

If big leaguers don't know the fundamentals of the game it wasn't Leyland that didn't teach it jackass. I love this post the most you say it's most certainly Leyland's fault then you go on a rant where you talk about how hitters didn't get the job done, genius. Furthermore, who's to say they didn't practice that, are you in on their practice days?

First off: I haven't called you any names. Don't call me names. But, as your aviatrix would suggest, you don't even respect yourself. So, everyone else can go F themselves. Nice and classy.

Secondly, it is Leylands fault for letting them swing for the fences. He is the manager. The manager is the one that decides when to do things like bunt or hit a sacrifice fly. That's why they call him a Manager! If you can't understand that concept, then I am done arguing with you. Your not worth it.

October 16th, 2013, 10:21 am
Heisman Winner

You got me, I don't respect myself because I have a picture of Johnny Cash, it has nothing to do you with you acting like a jackass. Thank for you helping realizing that, phew, I feel better.

Tell me what would the sign be for the manager to put on a sac fly sign? I want you to really think about that, start typing up an answer then realize how dumb it would be for a manager of a team in the major to have to put that sign on. Then think about if any manager on any level of professional play would ever put on a "sac fly" play. Then delete you comments and just reply with you're probably right about this one.

IF YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

October 16th, 2013, 4:27 pm
Hall of Fame Player

aManNamedSuh wrote:
You got me, I don't respect myself because I have a picture of Johnny Cash, it has nothing to do you with you acting like a jackass. Thank for you helping realizing that, phew, I feel better.

Tell me what would the sign be for the manager to put on a sac fly sign? I want you to really think about that, start typing up an answer then realize how dumb it would be for a manager of a team in the major to have to put that sign on. Then think about if any manager on any level of professional play would ever put on a "sac fly" play. Then delete you comments and just reply with you're probably right about this one.

IF YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

You are convincing me more and more that you know nothing about baseball. And it's not the picture of Johnny Cash itself that is disrespectful. It's the exaggerated middle finger that is flipping everyone off.

October 17th, 2013, 1:17 am
Heisman Winner

Yeah I'm done with you. I can't believe I argued this long with you. :-#

October 17th, 2013, 11:06 am
Hall of Fame Player

aManNamedSuh wrote:

Your argument completely fell apart last night, HUH?

October 17th, 2013, 5:57 pm
Heisman Winner

BillySims wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:

No not at all, you're a moron.

October 17th, 2013, 6:48 pm
Heisman Winner

Seriously, I give you fact and stats and links and you give me hunches and half baked ideas and think you won the argument?

The fact you think yesterday's game was small ball proves my point even more. 1, One, sacrifice in the whole game and it was 7-0 at the time and 2 SB both of which came when it was 7-0.

October 17th, 2013, 7:19 pm
RIP Killer

And the miggy SB was a complete lack of paying attention to the runner by Workman, which any person on base would steal that if the pitcher never even nodded in their direction.

October 17th, 2013, 7:27 pm
Hall of Fame Player

aManNamedSuh wrote:
BillySims wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:

Again with name calling. I dare you to reply to a moderator like that. I bet you would get banned.

You act like I want the Tigers to go full time into small ball. I never said anything like that. Apparently, you have comprehension issues.

October 17th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Heisman Winner

BillySims wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:
BillySims wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:

Again with name calling. I dare you to reply to a moderator like that. I bet you would get banned.

You act like I want the Tigers to go full time into small ball. I never said anything like that. Apparently, you have comprehension issues.

The Moderators aren't morons, you are and I'll be ignoring you going forward.

October 18th, 2013, 8:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7