View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 8:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Brandon Meriweather suspended two games 
Modmin Dude

Post Brandon Meriweather suspended two games
PFT wrote:
Brandon Meriweather suspended two games

Posted by Josh Alper on October 21, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT

Reports after Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather had two more illegal hits on Sunday against the Bears indicated that Meriweather could face a suspension for frequently breaking the league’s rules.

Those reports have proven prescient. The league has announced in a statement that Meriweather has been suspended two games “ for repeat violations this season of NFL safety rules prohibiting hits to the head and neck area of defenseless players.”

The penalty can be appealed within three days and an expedited hearing would be heard with either Ted Cottrell or Matt Birk in time to clarify Meriweather’s status for Week Eight. Birk reportedly heard Buccaneers safety Dashon Goldon’s appeal of a one-game suspension for similar offenses earlier this season and overturned the penalty.

Meriweather was previously fined $42,000 for a hit using the top of the helmet against Packers running back Eddie Lacy in the second week of the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... two-games/

Joe Fauria, MVP!

October 22nd, 2013, 10:19 am
League MVP

Post Re: Brandon Meriweather suspended two games
It's about time, he's been headhunting all season. I was surprised he didn't get more from his 2 spears against green bay.

October 22nd, 2013, 8:20 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Meriweather is a piece of sh**.

October 23rd, 2013, 10:13 am
RIP Killer

And here I thought the league only picked on Suh...

October 23rd, 2013, 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

Pablo wrote:

Personally I think up to this point Meriweather has gotten away with more than he should have up to now. Im really not exagerating when i say he's been headhunting all year. Im amazed that he has only had the 1 fine and now the suspension. This should have happened 4 weeks ago...beacuse of that I wouldnt say Meriweather is getting picked on, I'd still say he's gotten away with too much.

October 23rd, 2013, 1:06 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Personally I think up to this point Meriweather has gotten away with more than he should have up to now. Im really not exagerating when i say he's been headhunting all year. Im amazed that he has only had the 1 fine and now the suspension. This should have happened 4 weeks ago...beacuse of that I wouldnt say Meriweather is getting picked on, I'd still say he's gotten away with too much.

Same can be said of Dashon Goldson. Those two have done far more questionable hits than Suh. Suh did his stomp, and the likelihood of that causing any significant damage was practically zero. Yet that is looked at as FAR worse than Merriweather or Goldson launching themselves head first into a defenseless player.

That shows the hypocrisy of the NFL and their so called 'concern' for player safety. They have their whipping boys and their golden boys. Goodell won't get off Clay Matthews' dick any time soon. Matthews should have been suspended at least one game for what occurred against SF in week one. That $100k fine against Suh for that block was a freakin' joke, until Merton Hanks basically stated point blank that the $31.5k fine for the hit on Weeden was 'just to get his attention' and that the hit was perfectly legal and within the rules.

The NFL, like our government, is being headed by a bunch of pussy douchebags.

October 23rd, 2013, 8:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]