View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 9:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Broyles out for season again 
1st Round Pick

Post Broyles out for season again

October 27th, 2013, 5:54 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Post Re: Broyles out for season again
Has he even done anything this season? Frankly, I think losing Chris Durham would've been far more devastating, which really says a lot.

But yes, the Lions biggest needs this off-season are WR and CB, IMO.

October 27th, 2013, 6:03 pm
RIP Killer

rao wrote:

Tough to call him a bust....but I think that is pretty much the most appropriate term. Certainly not an issue of his own making, and I feel badly for the young man, but in terms of a second round pick and not being available or productive, that's exactly what he is.

That's just really unfortunate.

October 27th, 2013, 6:24 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Yep, he's a bust. Too bad: ton of potential.

October 27th, 2013, 6:27 pm
Butkus Award Winner

I've always been a big Broyles fan, so this is really unfortunate... I just hope he can get healthy at some point and show his skills. Hoping for a thorough recovery for him.

October 27th, 2013, 7:02 pm
QB Coach

thelomasbrowns wrote:

Yeah. Because we all know a guy who has injury issues during his first two seasons can't possibly be a good player. It's such a great thing that the Lions cut bait with that injury prone qb after he couldn't stay healthy his 1st two seasons. What was his name again? Matthew something?

Look, I'm not saying Broyles is going to turn into anything at all. But it's too early to call him a bust. He could get healthy and stay that way. He might not and he might end up a bust, but it's too soon to say one way or another.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

October 27th, 2013, 7:07 pm

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Yeah. Because we all know a guy who has injury issues during his first two seasons can't possibly be a good player. It's such a great thing that the Lions cut bait with that injury prone qb after he couldn't stay healthy his 1st two seasons. What was his name again? Matthew something?

Look, I'm not saying Broyles is going to turn into anything at all. But it's too early to call him a bust. He could get healthy and stay that way. He might not and he might end up a bust, but it's too soon to say one way or another.

An ACL on each knee and an Achilles for an offensive skill player? Don't get me wrong, I really like the kid, but his future isn't exactly bright at this point.

October 27th, 2013, 8:53 pm
Varsity Captain

ESPN is reporting that the Cards will make Larry Fitzgerald available for trade in the off season.

Wonder what they want and what Larry want's? Becha the 9ers get him.

October 27th, 2013, 9:55 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I said it in another thread... I'm glad it happened now, prior to the trade deadline as opposed to after. Even with Nate coming back, they need another receiver. With half the season over, now's the time.

October 27th, 2013, 10:18 pm
RIP Killer

I am willing to bet two things:

1) The Lions won't make a move before the trade deadline

2) If they do, it won't be for a receiver

Sorry, but with Kris Durham beginning to look like he's serious about being a receiver and Ogletree being a few weeks into understanding the playbook, plus Burleson slated to return after the bye.....I don't see the Lions making a move.

If the Lions are going to do a trade before the deadline, I wouldn't be surprised if they do it for a tight end or a player in the secondary. It's not that I don't want the Lions to get another receiver, it's just that I have a strong feeling they won't.

October 27th, 2013, 10:33 pm
1st Round Pick

Boz wrote:
ESPN is reporting that the Cards will make Larry Fitzgerald available for trade in the off season.

Wonder what they want and what Larry want's? Becha the 9ers get him.

His contract pays like 18M next season so it's going to have to be to a team with big cap space. Could be a good option for NE if they have the space. Great locker room guy and could give Brady another legit shot at a title.

October 27th, 2013, 11:12 pm
League MVP

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

no its not these are much different injuries than what Stafford had. He could get back on the field but his likelihood of a Stafford like comeback are very low and I dont think it ll be long before his next injury. all of his injuries are on non contact plays.

October 27th, 2013, 11:47 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
I am willing to bet two things:

1) The Lions won't make a move before the trade deadline

2) If they do, it won't be for a receiver

Sorry, but with Kris Durham beginning to look like he's serious about being a receiver and Ogletree being a few weeks into understanding the playbook, plus Burleson slated to return after the bye.....I don't see the Lions making a move.

If the Lions are going to do a trade before the deadline, I wouldn't be surprised if they do it for a tight end or a player in the secondary. It's not that I don't want the Lions to get another receiver, it's just that I have a strong feeling they won't.

you are probably right but the timing isnt bad right now with the bye weeks. if they got someone have a little extra time to get them going but they may want to use that to work on the new guys they ve picked up recently - Ross, Ogletree - as well as mixing Burleson back in. i dont know if there s a trade that will help the secondary. mostly getting strong safety play and all of the corners pretty inconsistent including houston im not sure how you fix that. maybe just have to hope they get healthy and slay, bentley learning by fire pick things up.

October 27th, 2013, 11:54 pm
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
you are probably right but the timing isnt bad right now with the bye weeks. if they got someone have a little extra time to get them going but they may want to use that to work on the new guys they ve picked up recently - Ross, Ogletree - as well as mixing Burleson back in. i dont know if there s a trade that will help the secondary. mostly getting strong safety play and all of the corners pretty inconsistent including houston im not sure how you fix that. maybe just have to hope they get healthy and slay, bentley learning by fire pick things up.

I agree that if the team were to make a move, it needs to be now. I just don't see them being that desperate at receiver. Broyles really hasn't been that big of a part of the overall game plan, even after Nate got hurt. Durham has been more involved, and has stepped up his game after a shaky start of the season. I was among those people wondering why Matt Willis was let go in favor of Durham, but he's proven me and others wrong.

As for the secondary....I am with you, I just don't know what the answer is. Houston played a better game yesterday, but Delmas and Glover sucked big time. Delmas was responsible for the 50 yarder that Bryant scored, and Terrence Williams made Glover Quin look like an idiot on his touchdown catch and run. Thankfully for Detroit, the only ones looking worse on the field was the Cowboys secondary.

Which leads to why I said I don't see Detroit making any move. There's really no cover guys available worth a move, and I think the Lions feel pretty good about their receivers right now....even though the team leads the league in dropped passes by a pretty sizeable margin.

October 28th, 2013, 8:40 am

m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:

I agree that if the team were to make a move, it needs to be now. I just don't see them being that desperate at receiver. Broyles really hasn't been that big of a part of the overall game plan, even after Nate got hurt. Durham has been more involved, and has stepped up his game after a shaky start of the season. I was among those people wondering why Matt Willis was let go in favor of Durham, but he's proven me and others wrong.

As for the secondary....I am with you, I just don't know what the answer is. Houston played a better game yesterday, but Delmas and Glover sucked big time. Delmas was responsible for the 50 yarder that Bryant scored, and Terrence Williams made Glover Quin look like an idiot on his touchdown catch and run. Thankfully for Detroit, the only ones looking worse on the field was the Cowboys secondary.

Which leads to why I said I don't see Detroit making any move. There's really no cover guys available worth a move, and I think the Lions feel pretty good about their receivers right now....even though the team leads the league in dropped passes by a pretty sizeable margin.

Agree with M2Ks take on things. Also curious if Willis is sitting around not playing. He is a Broyles like receiver and alreayd knows the Playbook so could be a logical fillin player if we dont go get someone in trade.

October 28th, 2013, 11:31 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next