View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 11:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Gameday: Cowboys vs. Lions 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Gameday: Cowboys vs. Lions
Larry Warford getting some love from Michael David Smith on PFT:

Quote:
Best block of the day belonged to Larry Warford. A rookie guard for the Lions, Warford got out in front of running back Joique Bell on a screen pass and planted Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee into the turf. It was a textbook example of the right way for an offensive lineman to play a screen pass.

October 28th, 2013, 9:13 am
NFL Veteran

Oh since no one has said it I'll do it.

Calvin Johnson dogging it again. When will that guy learn to stop taking plays off.

October 28th, 2013, 9:32 am
Rookie Player of the Year

rao wrote:

Calvin Johnson dogging it again. When will that guy learn to stop taking plays off.

And something else to make wjb's head explode:

October 28th, 2013, 11:00 am
NFL Veteran

thelomasbrowns wrote:
rao wrote:

This really isn't even that surprising. A lot of people have said for years Raiola just needed some good big bodied OGs to sandwich him and it would hide his weaknesses. It's been great how quickly Warford has adjusted to the NFL.

October 28th, 2013, 11:11 am
RIP Killer

rao wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
rao wrote:

This really isn't even that surprising. A lot of people have said for years Raiola just needed some good big bodied OGs to sandwich him and it would hide his weaknesses. It's been great how quickly Warford has adjusted to the NFL.

I think it is more than that. The departure of Backus made Dom the true senior leader of the OL and he has stepped up into that role. He also bulked up this year, looks 10-15 pounds heavier and seems to be holding up at the point of attack better than ever. I also think the mere threat of a running game makes it much easier for the OL to keep the DL guessing.

October 28th, 2013, 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Pablo wrote:
rao wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
rao wrote:

I think it is more than that. The departure of Backus made Dom the true senior leader of the OL and he has stepped up into that role. He also bulked up this year, looks 10-15 pounds heavier and seems to be holding up at the point of attack better than ever. I also think the mere threat of a running game makes it much easier for the OL to keep the DL guessing.

Some of those Props to Warford belong to the coaching staff also. They Put him directly into the fire early in the season so he could learn on the job, and its already paying dividends.

October 28th, 2013, 12:49 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

DJ-B wrote:
Some of those Props to Warford belong to the coaching staff also. They Put him directly into the fire early in the season so he could learn on the job, and its already paying dividends.

Combine that with the fact that Warford has to face Suh and Fairley in practice. Best way to learn is to face the best competition available.

Of course, for some reason that doesn't seem to work with our corners having to face Calvin in practice..... :-k

October 28th, 2013, 12:57 pm
3rd Round Selection

What can you learn from Calvin? Must grow taller and jump higher? ;)

October 28th, 2013, 1:08 pm
NFL Veteran

UK Lion wrote:
What can you learn from Calvin? Must grow taller and jump higher? ;)

Haha, I agree. Only thing you learn when facing CJ is I need help over the top plus underneath, and still can't stop him.

October 28th, 2013, 1:33 pm
RIP Killer

BTW - for all of us who complain about coaching, the Cowboys coaching was terrible. From scheme, to clock and game/situation management - just pathetic. This happens week after week.

Talk about a team that finds ways to lose - wow! The holding penalty killed them. The ball Romo threw away stopped the clock, he should have taken a sack. You've got Dez going bonkers on the sidelines, Witten also was going at times, what a train wreck. Imagine winning the turnover battle by 4 and still losing.

The Cowboys invested how much into Tony Romo this offseason? And with the game on the line needing one 1st down to clinch you take it out of his hands and into the hands of RBs who averaged a whopping 2 yards a carry?

Way to be ultra conservative. Meanwhile, let's not forget Schwartz and company not opting to kick a FG early in the game and getting 7 points on first down. You can play to win or not to lose, we can see what team took what approach yesterday.

BTW - at what point do you decide there is no way Brandon Carr can cover CJ by himself? 100 yards?, 200? 300?

Before we run Schwartz and company out of town, take a close look at what some of the other coaches around the league are doing on a weekly basis with the same critical eye we tend to only reserve for the Lions coaching staff.

October 28th, 2013, 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Pablo wrote:
BTW - for all of us who complain about coaching, the Cowboys coaching was terrible. From scheme, to clock and game/situation management - just pathetic. This happens week after week.

Talk about a team that finds ways to lose - wow! The holding penalty killed them. The ball Romo threw away stopped the clock, he should have taken a sack. You've got Dez going bonkers on the sidelines, Witten also was going at times, what a train wreck. Imagine winning the turnover battle by 4 and still losing.

The Cowboys invested how much into Tony Romo this offseason? And with the game on the line needing one 1st down to clinch you take it out of his hands and into the hands of RBs who averaged a whopping 2 yards a carry?

Way to be ultra conservative. Meanwhile, let's not forget Schwartz and company not opting to kick a FG early in the game and getting 7 points on first down. You can play to win or not to lose, we can see what team took what approach yesterday.

BTW - at what point do you decide there is no way Brandon Carr can cover CJ by himself? 100 yards?, 200? 300?
Before we run Schwartz and company out of town, take a close look at what some of the other coaches around the league are doing on a weekly basis with the same critical eye we tend to only reserve for the Lions coaching staff.

we all know about the Dez/Megatron comparison being done last week, but I particularly found Jerry Jones amusing before the game. I read that he said he wasn't affraid of Calvin, and that it was Reggie that scared him. Whats scares ya now Jerry???

Happy Halloween! lol

October 28th, 2013, 2:32 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Brandon Carr had safety help a majority of the time, but they were practice squad players elevated due to injuries. Their secondary was already bad, but add that and it's disastrous.

October 28th, 2013, 3:14 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Staff mic'd up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc3dAQ8Q2hc

October 28th, 2013, 5:01 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Already been removed :(

October 28th, 2013, 7:16 pm
Modmin Dude