View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 7:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Trade Deadline Tuesday 
Player of the Year - Offense

Post Trade Deadline Tuesday
No real news yet, but figured we could use this thread for any big or surprising trades that happen before the deadline on Tuesday.

October 24th, 2013, 11:47 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: Trade Deadline Tuesday
Id be ok with LeShoure gone for a pick or picks.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 25th, 2013, 8:07 pm
RIP Killer

I think the idea that Arizona would be willing to trade Larry Fitzgerald is ridiculous and probably made up by someone in the media. Arizona is 4-4. If they were floundering I'd say it would make sense for them to be testing the trade waters for him. But they are still in the thick of things, even in the NFCW, and moving him would leave their offense struggling more than it has.

Now, off-season is totally different. I could see them wanting to rid themselves of his contract and trying to swing a deal which would either get them a good, young QB or a high pick in the draft that would put them in position to either land a franchise QB or LT.

October 28th, 2013, 8:56 am
#1 Overall Pick

m2karateman wrote:
I think the idea that Arizona would be willing to trade Larry Fitzgerald is ridiculous and probably made up by someone in the media. Arizona is 4-4. If they were floundering I'd say it would make sense for them to be testing the trade waters for him. But they are still in the thick of things, even in the NFCW, and moving him would leave their offense struggling more than it has.

Now, off-season is totally different. I could see them wanting to rid themselves of his contract and trying to swing a deal which would either get them a good, young QB or a high pick in the draft that would put them in position to either land a franchise QB or LT.

Most media things I see just say Fitz will be available after the season. I think people are trying to stretch it to mean he's getting shopped right now. Anything is possible if the deal is right but I agree with you that Fitz is most likely staying put until the off season.

October 28th, 2013, 10:24 am

The reports said they were open to trading him after the season, so I don't think they putting him on the blocks now. Plus he's going to be expensive, so they'd need time to rework the deal, so offseason makes much more sense than trying to get it done by tomorrow.

October 28th, 2013, 10:25 am
RIP Killer

Fitz is on the wrong side of the 30 with a big bag of nothing at QB in AZ. While 4-4, they aren't going to overtake either Seattle (6-1) or San Fran (6-2) within the division (and are currently 0-3 win the West) and one of those teams will claim a WC spot leaving just one WC for AZ to try to claim and that spot is likely coming out of the NFCN with the Lions (5-3) or Bears (4-3).

Outside of divisional games with San Fran and Seattle, their schedule doesn't look too bad with the Colts the only other team with a winning record.

I'd be very surprised if they get a deal done.

October 28th, 2013, 10:57 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
Fitz is on the wrong side of the 30 with a big bag of nothing at QB in AZ. While 4-4, they aren't going to overtake either Seattle (6-1) or San Fran (6-2) within the division (and are currently 0-3 win the West) and one of those teams will claim a WC spot leaving just one WC for AZ to try to claim and that spot is likely coming out of the NFCN with the Lions (5-3) or Bears (4-3).

Outside of divisional games with San Fran and Seattle, their schedule doesn't look too bad with the Colts the only other team with a winning record.

I'd be very surprised if they get a deal done.

Let's just hope that Arizona doesn't equal the Lions record, or they automatically get the playoff bid due to their head to head win over the Lions.

The one thing that is frustrating about this season...the Lions should be 7-1 right now. They had no business losing to the Cardinals or Bengals. The Lions were the better teams on the field both those weeks, and lost due to some boneheadedness either on the field, or from the sidelines (coaching).

October 28th, 2013, 11:43 am

Oh I agree, we've dominated teams, but it hasn't reflected on the scoreboard. At some point they need to dominate there too and separate themselves a bit, and it wouldn't hurt to have other teams help out. Texans with Chase looked better than with Shaub, and coming off a bye could knock them down this week. And Tennessee isn't a pushover this season either.

I'm curious to see which teams make a move today or tomorrow.

October 28th, 2013, 11:56 am
Rookie Player of the Year

October 29th, 2013, 4:09 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The loss to Cincy doesn't bother me. The Bengals are one of the elite teams this year.

October 29th, 2013, 5:24 pm
RIP Killer

Blueskies wrote:
The loss to Cincy doesn't bother me. The Bengals are one of the elite teams this year.

Winnable games that slip away due to a poor coaching decision SHOULD bother any fan. This isn't the first time Schwartz and company screwed up at the end of a game and gave it away. I realize that if we had gone into OT the Bengals could have won anyway. But to give it away like that was just heart wrenching. Cincy IS a very good football team, and it's not like we lost to the Jaguars. But games like that need to be won rather than lost if the Lions are to take that all important next step. The losses to Cincy and Arizona should really be disturbing. The Lions could be looking at 7-1, leading the division, halfway through the season. I'd rather see the Lions get owned, like they did against Green Bay, than watch them lose due to dumb mental mistakes by players or coaches. That just burns me like nothing else.

October 29th, 2013, 6:43 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The vast majority of NFL games are decided by one score. It wasn't just poor coaching decisions, it was Stafford missing TD throws, a shanked put, a blocked FG, a missed FG, the defense not getting any turnovers, etc. At the end of the day, football is a game of inches, and the Lions lost to a great team.

Losing to a bad team is much worse. The Arizona loss hurts more because the Cardinals are a mediocre/bad team.

October 30th, 2013, 4:54 am
Hall of Fame Player

Blueskies wrote:
The vast majority of NFL games are decided by one score. It wasn't just poor coaching decisions, it was Stafford missing TD throws, a shanked put, a blocked FG, a missed FG, the defense not getting any turnovers, etc. At the end of the day, football is a game of inches, and the Lions lost to a great team.

Losing to a bad team is much worse. The Arizona loss hurts more because the Cardinals are a mediocre/bad team.

I agree. Sometimes, people forget that the other team gets paid too. And sometimes, that team is just as awesome as our Lions.

October 30th, 2013, 8:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]