View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 9:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Gameday: Cowboys vs. Lions 
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Post Re: Gameday: Cowboys vs. Lions
thats a great link

October 28th, 2013, 11:43 pm
QB Coach

That's only the preview too. The full version will come later this week. Can't wait to watch it!

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 29th, 2013, 6:22 am
Rookie Player of the Year

October 29th, 2013, 3:13 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

thelomasbrowns wrote:

i agree he had a very strong game but the boys didnt have there best passrushers available

October 29th, 2013, 4:49 pm
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

i agree he had a very strong game but the boys didnt have there best passrushers available

He's an undrafted rookie free agent......I think we can cut him some slack and say he played a pretty strong game. Those guys he was facing are professional football players too. It's not like he was facing the team from the Dallas Senior Citizens Center (Jerruh's REAL team!).

However, I watched some of his snaps and his run blocking needs help. I realize he was a player at Texas A&M, and they throw the ball a TON. But if he can make the necessary improvements in that area, he's going to be a real gem at RT. I feel they should allow him to start until he either screws up royally, or it becomes obvious he's overwhelmed. Fox should just remain as a backup, since starting duties are too much for his fragile body. Hilliard can be the LT backup.

October 29th, 2013, 6:14 pm
Varsity Captain

Fortunately Calvin's timing on dogging plays is just as good as his timing going for the jump ball. If anyone on this team has the right to slow the tempo for a play or two it's CJ. Matt get's to hand off the ball(so he can save his juice to jump over the line...lol). Sometimes CJ's dogging is toatally on purpose. Like "hey I'm not in the play, guess I'll just stand here" then like a draw play he is past the LBs and open as hell. Other plays he is just dog rectum tired. You don't get 300+ yds on 12 catches, plus the passes you dropped or were out of your reach without running twice as much as anybody on the team.

IMO, CJ is the best reciever to play the game. If he wan't to take a play off, fine. If you don't approve of his methods, become a Cowboys fan and Dez will give you something to really be consened about!

All Hail Megatron!!! j/k like who you like, just don't bring them home with you.

October 29th, 2013, 6:22 pm
Varsity Captain

And, Amen to Waddle! Great job rook!!!

October 29th, 2013, 6:23 pm
Modmin Dude

Imma just leave this here:

Enjoy! :wink:

October 30th, 2013, 9:44 am
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

He's an undrafted rookie free agent......I think we can cut him some slack and say he played a pretty strong game. Those guys he was facing are professional football players too. It's not like he was facing the team from the Dallas Senior Citizens Center (Jerruh's REAL team!).

However, I watched some of his snaps and his run blocking needs help. I realize he was a player at Texas A&M, and they throw the ball a TON. But if he can make the necessary improvements in that area, he's going to be a real gem at RT. I feel they should allow him to start until he either screws up royally, or it becomes obvious he's overwhelmed. Fox should just remain as a backup, since starting duties are too much for his fragile body. Hilliard can be the LT backup.

You meant Texas Tech. More on Waddle (pretty good name for an OL BTW)

MLive wrote:
LaAdrian Waddle awarded Detroit Lions' championship belt after dominating Cowboys in first career start

ALLEN PARK -- Detroit Lions offensive tackle LaAdrian Waddle was dominating in his first career start Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys.

So much so, it's fair to wonder whether he earned another.

The Lions (5-3) turned to their undrafted rookie at right tackle with Corey Hilliard and Jason Fox hobbled by knee injuries. He didn't have to face star Dallas defensive end DeMarcus Ware, who sat with an injury of his own, but thoroughly handled George Selvie and Jarius Wynn.

Waddle was excellent on 50 pass protections, and solid as well for 29 running (or clock) plays. He converted his assignment on all but three of his 79 snaps.

He allowed only one QB hurry and one QB hit.

For the efforts, position coach Jeremiah Washburn awarded Waddle the offensive line's championship belt, which goes each week to the unit's top performer.

Not a bad debut.

"That's definitely a huge honor," said Waddle, the belt proudly draped behind his right shoulder in his locker. "I really appreciate the coaches feeling I deserved that. It's a big deal, especially in the O-linemen room."

Waddle made his debut Oct. 20 against Cincinnati, when Hilliard, Fox and left tackle Riley Reiff battled injuries. Then on Saturday night, Waddle learned he would earn his first career start in Detroit's most important game to date.

That it came against Waddle's home-state Cowboys -- he's from Columbus, Texas, about 240 miles south of Dallas, and starred at Texas Tech -- provided a dash of poetry. Detroit's improbable 31-30 win clinched it as a day he will forever remember.

"It's something I won't ever forget for the rest of my life, just being my first NFL start, and then the way the game played out," he said. "Just how it finished. It was an amazing experience.

"Just that feeling after the game. It's something different when you pull off a game like that -- that feeling, you can't really put it into words. Can't put that feeling into words. But it's a feeling I won't ever forget."

Waddle said he received several texts from friends and family bidding him luck. Though he grew up a Texans fan, many close to him are Cowboys fans, which made his first start all the sweeter.

"I get to rub that in their faces a little bit," he said, smiling. "It's nice to get the win in general. It's a bonus it was the Cowboys.

"I got a lot of texts before and after the game, telling me good luck and proud of me for starting."

So has Waddle earned another start?

"I really don't think that's how it's going to unfold, just based off that one thing," he said. "There's more variables than just that.

"But I did well."

October 30th, 2013, 10:19 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Here's the full wired for sound with Stafford

I gotta say that this is honestly one of the worst Wired For Sound videos I've seen. They barely had any on field audio, and you can clearly hear where they edited out the actual sound. Like when Stafford is yelling at Reiff to get down to the line for the clock play. His mouth is moving but on the video all you hear is a high pitched sound like he was just making noise. He was clearly saying something. Would be nice to get the unedited version of the clips.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 31st, 2013, 3:33 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000273946/Sound-FX-Matthew-Stafford

October 31st, 2013, 5:59 am
QB Coach

Much better video in my opinion. Better editing, use of music, etc. The guys on the Lions website could learn a thing or two from the NFL folks.

October 31st, 2013, 6:19 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Matt Bowen wrote:
All-22 Rewind: Matthew Stafford’s Throw vs. Cowboys Cover 2
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1830 ... nfl-week-9
Before Stafford connected with Johnson on the seam route to set up the quarterback sneak for the win over the Cowboys, he targeted Kris Durham on the deep 9-route vs. Cover 2. Let’s break this play down and discuss why Durham was able to beat the deep-half safety.

Cowboys vs. Lions

Personnel: Posse (3WR-1TE-1RB)

Formation: Empty

Offensive Concept: Verticals

Defensive Scheme: “Green” 2

“Green 2” is similar to base Cover 2 (or Tampa 2) with the safeties increasing their depth (15 to 18 yards at the snap) and the corners playing with a “soft squat” technique (no jam, sink/trail No. 1). The right call for a two-minute situation versus the Lions. However, the secondary still has to play the technique of the defense (and read the quarterback).

The Lions are running three verticals with Durham to the open (weak) side of the formation and Johnson to the closed (strong) side. Dallas has to play over the top of the vertical concepts and force the ball to the checkdown routes underneath. The flat route won’t get you beat here.

In two-deep coverage , the landmark drop for safeties is on the top of the numbers. And that’s an issue for safety Jakar Hamilton. Instead of getting to his landmark, the young safety cheats inside. There is no reason to move inside with only one vertical threat. That’s trouble, as it opens up a deep throwing window for Stafford to target Durham with the cornerback trailing underneath.

Hamilton can’t get over the top of the 9-route (because of his initial alignment) and Stafford delivers a perfect throw to flip the field. I know the Cowboys are beat-up at safety, but if you’re in the game, you are expected to play the technique of the defense. Hamilton will learn from this mistake, but this play put the Cowboys in an adverse situation. And it all started with a poor landmark drop from the safety.

October 31st, 2013, 10:59 am
Varsity 1st Team

Love the breakdowns like that. Helps me understand the "WHY" a play works.

Keep it up.

Frok

November 1st, 2013, 12:05 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Touchdown Jesus wrote:

Much better video in my opinion. Better editing, use of music, etc. The guys on the Lions website could learn a thing or two from the NFL folks.

This Glover Quin episode was really good

November 2nd, 2013, 1:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6