View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 9:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Shaun Hill 
League MVP

Post Re: Shaun Hill
jrd66 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
jrd66 wrote:
So.. Lets say you actually succeed in trading Shaun Hill for Doug Houge. Then who will the callers to the radio shows clamor for when Staff only throws 3 TDs in a game?

Trade Shaun Hill for who?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6857 ... in-round-5

It wasn't that long ago...

what are we missing jrd66? Hogue was drafted by the Lions, cut and picked up by Carolina and cut and is still a free agent. The Lions traded a 7th rd pick for Shaun Hill. These two players were never traded for another.

November 6th, 2013, 2:57 am
3rd Round Selection

Interesting that of what may be the two hardest games on our remaining schedule (Bears and Pack), we may be facing backup QBs.

The Bears don't look too bad with McKnown. Seneca Wallace doesn't look like a great replacement.

Shaun Hill could well be the difference between a 4 week Stafford absence being a playoff killer or us still being in with a shout. I like having him on the roster.

November 6th, 2013, 5:52 am
Veteran General Manager

UK Lion wrote:
Interesting that of what may be the two hardest games on our remaining schedule (Bears and Pack), we may be facing backup QBs.

The Bears don't look too bad with McKnown. Seneca Wallace doesn't look like a great replacement.

Shaun Hill could well be the difference between a 4 week Stafford absence being a playoff killer or us still being in with a shout. I like having him on the roster.

I actually think Wallace did a heck of a job for not having gone through training camp with the Packers, not gotten any reps with the 1st team in practice, and coming into the game cold in miserable weather. He did not hurt the Packers. And he kept them in the game right to the end. I expect the rough spots will be ironed out by Thanksgiving.

November 6th, 2013, 12:39 pm
NFL Veteran

BillySims wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

I actually think Wallace did a heck of a job for not having gone through training camp with the Packers, not gotten any reps with the 1st team in practice, and coming into the game cold in miserable weather. He did not hurt the Packers. And he kept them in the game right to the end. I expect the rough spots will be ironed out by Thanksgiving.

I always get a little frightened when the Lions face mobile QBs. The way the Dline is always pressing forward leaves easy lanes for a quick footed QB to make things happen. Wallace isn't a young guy anymore, but he still has some wheels and is easy to lose track of because of his small size. If your right about them ironing out the rough spots by Thanksgiving, GB could be very dangerous on a fast Ford field.

November 6th, 2013, 4:09 pm
Heisman Winner

The Legend wrote:
jrd66 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
jrd66 wrote:
So.. Lets say you actually succeed in trading Shaun Hill for Doug Houge. Then who will the callers to the radio shows clamor for when Staff only throws 3 TDs in a game?

what are we missing jrd66? Hogue was drafted by the Lions, cut and picked up by Carolina and cut and is still a free agent. The Lions traded a 7th rd pick for Shaun Hill. These two players were never traded for another.

The presumption is you will trade Hill for a mid rd pick. Say rd 5. Prob at best rd 4. That tends to bring guys like Hogue, Whitehead, Jonte Green and so on. Which one of those guys would you give up Hill to get?

November 8th, 2013, 12:28 am
League MVP

jrd66 wrote:
The Legend wrote:
jrd66 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
jrd66 wrote:

The presumption is you will trade Hill for a mid rd pick. Say rd 5. Prob at best rd 4. That tends to bring guys like Hogue, Whitehead, Jonte Green and so on. Which one of those guys would you give up Hill to get?

well its too late now but yes the lions would need to turn such a pick into something better than what the avg for them seems to be in the 5th, 6th round.

November 9th, 2013, 6:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2