View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 11:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Gameday: Lions at Chicago 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Gameday: Lions at Chicago
Wasn't a thread yet, so it's up.

Six Rookies starting today. Two undrafted. - RG Warford, RT Waddle, TE Joe Fauria, DE Devin Taylor, CB Darius Slay and P Sam Martin.

November 10th, 2013, 1:25 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Gameday: Lions at Chicago
http://www.lionbacker.com/chat/

November 10th, 2013, 1:51 pm
RIP Killer

Wow, Reggie can't catch a cold today. He dropped a potential long td pass and another screen for a first down

November 10th, 2013, 3:42 pm
RIP Killer

Don Carey has played a nice game so far as a nickel fill in

November 10th, 2013, 4:17 pm
RIP Killer

Oh, and cut Akers. Bring back kickalicious

November 10th, 2013, 4:38 pm
RIP Killer

And cut fairley too. Too many dumb late hits and he's not even producing

November 10th, 2013, 4:54 pm

Lions should've blown them out, but take the win.

The Lions should be favored in every game on their schedule, and though they won't win them all, they should at least go 5-2, finish 11-5 and win the division. Greenbay isn't the same without Rodgers.

November 10th, 2013, 5:08 pm
3rd Round Selection

We were fortunate Cutler got injured again, and they kept him in the game. Early in the game, our secondary looked like it was rolling out the red carpet for the Bears. It was only when Cutler got hurt that started to change.

Great work from Suh to get his hands up and tip the ball, and Levy to come up with his 5th INT of the season - that was pretty much the game there.

Offense just didn't seem to function well all game.

Still - a win against a key divisional rival, away from home, and the sweep. Can't sniff at that.

November 10th, 2013, 5:38 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Very uninspiring win by Lions against the Bears walking wounded. After the Dallas win I was hoping the Lions had turned the corner and were really an improving team. Have to say, not so fast, after today's game. Our corners still look weak, or maybe it's the scheme. The D-line played better, but the STUPID mistakes that result in penalties must stop. Stafford and company should have scored more than 21 on Bears. If the Lions are for real they should win the next 3 handily. We'll see.

November 10th, 2013, 7:35 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

liontrax wrote:
Very uninspiring win by Lions against the Bears walking wounded. After the Dallas win I was hoping the Lions had turned the corner and were really an improving team. Have to say, not so fast, after today's game. Our corners still look weak, or maybe it's the scheme. The D-line played better, but the STUPID mistakes that result in penalties must stop. Stafford and company should have scored more than 21 on Bears. If the Lions are for real they should win the next 3 handily. We'll see.

It's a division game in CHI for first place and you are complaining because we didn't blow out a team that many still consider better than us? Sorry if your heart had to beat a little harder than you like. Our CBs struggled, no argument here though accounting for those WRs is a beast. The offense should have scored more than 21 and Stafford was wildly inaccurate. But when it mattered the most, Stafford delivered the ball and we stopped the 2pt tries which we couldn't do to save our lives in the first meeting. In our sh!tt!est years we have come close to beating teams that won conferences and superbowls. It means nothing as long as you do what you have to do to win.

I think we are far from perfect but winning a game like that on the road after the notorious bye week is big. NFL games for first place in the division are not supposed to be easy. I don't care if we go 3-0 winning by a combined 3pts in the next 3 games we just need to win. And if we do win the next 3 games handily it does not make us for real.

I agree with your points but I just can't understand how anyone can complain right after sweeping the Bears in thier house. a win is a win

Last edited by Killwill25 on November 10th, 2013, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 10th, 2013, 8:17 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

November 10th, 2013, 8:36 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Question for I.E.: Was Peppers a healthy scratch today?

November 10th, 2013, 8:38 pm

Stafford had probably one of his worst games and this was his first win in Soldier field. I think sometimes people underestimate how much different our offense performs on a crappy field like Soldier field as compared to home on the turf. Even next week in Pittsburg will be a better output by the offense.

Durham is playing like a real #2, which is going to be big once Burleson comes back. Ross did ok, but him and Ogletree aren't Nate.

Was this a pretty and dominant win? Absolutely not. Our defense had issues at time, but they're the ones that roughed up Cutler again. He didn't reinjure the groin and ankle on his own. We forced him out and if he tweaked that groin, he could be out another couple of weeks giving us a cushion in the division.

GB's loss gave us a 1 game lead and a chance to keep it on thanksgiving, Rodgers or not. Wallace is now out with a groin, so it's on the lions to hold onto the top spot.

Arizona and Carolina won, moving Carolina into the 5th spot, and SF into the 6th. That 6th spot is going to be a battle. If the season ended today, we'd be hosting SF in the first round. Would be nice if someone knocked them off, but I'd rather face them here regardless.

November 10th, 2013, 8:47 pm
RIP Killer

Stafford had a spotty game, Calvin missed some catches he usually makes, and the secondary was playing a little too loose. It wasn't pretty, that's for sure. But rarely do the Lions come out of the bye week looking all that good. Cutler being dinged up definitely helped the Lions. Besides his groin, his left hand and his ankle were hurt during this game. But injuries are part of the game. I don't recall us getting an asterisk or a footnote on our loss to Green Bay because Calvin wasn't playing.

It's a win, but this game still shows that the Lions have work to do in order to become a top level NFL team. Too many personal fouls. That needs to be addressed.

November 10th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Heisman Winner

I think it is quite encouraging that the Lions can go to Chicago and win a high stakes game when they do not play as well as they can. Stafford has probably his worst day this year and CJ as well. Those two were not in sync like we normally might see. I think you have to credit the D today. They actually rewarded the coaches for putting the game in their hands. A number of good plays came for Lions shortly after they made mistakes. Fairley's stuff after the penalty and Stafford's TD pass after he missed CJ behind on the slant the play prior.

I am still liking what I see from the rook OL tandem. There are holes in the run game this year. Real, open, holes....

November 10th, 2013, 10:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next