View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 8:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Report: Jonathan Martin “gone AWOL” from Dolphins 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Report: Jonathan Martin “gone AWOL” from Dolphins
Much like Ndamukong Suh has his reputation, whether deserved or not, Incognito has his. The press seems to love playing off these reputations to publicly fry NFL players and create an image in the minds of the uneducated readers. Let's face it, their job is to sell papers, or stories, not report the truth. That's not what the American press is about, and hasn't been for a VERY long time.

There is so much contradiction going on within that team it's ridiculous. The players are mostly supporting Incognito, but the coaching staff has suspended him. It almost seems as if the coaches are trying to cover their butts by suspending him.

Whatever the case, this is a mess for that team, and the coaches need to feel the brunt of it from the league. That's my opinion.

November 7th, 2013, 11:46 am
3rd Round Selection

Pablo wrote:
Friends can talk a certain way together, but taken out of context of that friendship it could sound horrible. I remember being in my 20's and my friends and I would just rip the crap out of each other, things that sounded horrible, taken out of that context I'm sure my Jewish slurs to my best friend would be very offensive - my friend loved them and fired right back.

And your friend would use it against you? I've given my mates some sh1t, they've given me some - we are cool with it because we know we're mates. None of us would use it against each other, because we're mates.

Agree with njroar - something weird is going on here. One of:

1. Martin so terrified of Incognito he pretended to be mates when they were not

2. Martin was mates with Incognito but Incognito did something really bad recently so that Martin would turn on him and use stuff that was previously ok before against him

3. Martin is mental, was mates with Incognito and turned on him for no reason at all

Am I the only person that wasn't too comfortable with Tannehill, Clabo and Hartline being the top 3 defenders of Incognito? White boys of Miami unite?

November 7th, 2013, 7:34 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The black players defended Incognito as well, those 3 were just the most vocal or got the most camera time.

Honestly, I have no idea what to make of the situation. And until all of the information comes out, it's just too convenient for the blame game to be used. I understand some of the players saying they made Incognito an "honorary black player" even though it's sounds horrible in the real world. When I played professional flag football waaaaaaay back in the day, most of the players were black and I was told the same thing. I never would have felt using it, but sometimes in that atmosphere, non-pc things happen. You think of everyone as the same, a team, and not see color as much. You all blend in.

Does that make it right? Absolutely not, and that's why it could be taken in the media as so outlandish and wrong. I'm hearing Incognito is going to be releasing voicemails that show Martin saying some things too, so we'll see.

I agree with UK on the 3 reasons. He either hid it well from everyone for a couple of seasons, Was fine with everything until something recent set him off, or he's always been anti-social which goes along with what other teammates have said about him being standoffish and he's just using this as an excuse because he can't handle the pressure of losing multiple games in a row after starting 3-0.

We're only seeing a few lines, and Martin's lawyer released a new semi-quote today that isn't proper to post from a "teammate" but taken out of context of the entire conversation and tone of conversation is very easy to misconstrue. I think Incognito is suspended only because of the racial term and the FO needed to do something. Once this is all released, I'm sure we'll see what the ramifications are in the long run.

Whatever the outcome, this is a crazy situation.

November 8th, 2013, 2:37 am
RIP Killer

There could be another reason why Martin got upset. Incognito may just be his scapegoat ticket out of Miami. Jonathan Martin has been taking a load of heat from the press and fans in Miami about his play. Naturally he was being compared to Jake Long, and not meeting the standard. Despite the Dolphins being in a pretty good position, he was getting hammered in the press. That could have played a major part in this. The whole team prank thing may have just pushed him over the edge, and now Incognito is serving as the best way for Jonathan Martin to leverage his release out of Miami.

It may be a bit far fetched...but I don't think it's unreasonable. When he first had his blowup, it wasn't Martin who pointed out Incognito, it was others. Once that media train started rolling, Martin may have just decided to jump on.

November 8th, 2013, 1:03 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

i honestly have no idea what is going on in this situation but i think it will result in both the head coach and the GM being out. both may get other jobs in the NFL. Incognito will be out of Miami but I think someone will pick him up and it ll be fairly quick if the Dolphins release him in season. I dont see how another team would take a chance on Martin unless its someone like Harbaugh who had him in college but the 49ers are already set on the OLine. it could be totally unfair to martin but thats how i see it

November 12th, 2013, 4:10 am
Rookie Player of the Year

The Legend wrote:
i honestly have no idea what is going on in this situation but i think it will result in both the head coach and the GM being out. both may get other jobs in the NFL. Incognito will be out of Miami but I think someone will pick him up and it ll be fairly quick if the Dolphins release him in season. I dont see how another team would take a chance on Martin unless its someone like Harbaugh who had him in college but the 49ers are already set on the OLine. it could be totally unfair to martin but thats how i see it

The Dolphins better hope he finds a new home. If he doesn't, not only will they be on the hook for the bullying, but also ending a guy's career.

November 12th, 2013, 3:29 pm
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
The Legend wrote:

The Dolphins better hope he finds a new home. If he doesn't, not only will they be on the hook for the bullying, but also ending a guy's career.

Sorry, but if Jonathan Martin's career is over, it's a choosing of his own. While I don't condone what Incognito did (I've never liked the guy, even when he was in college), Martin is culpable in some of this. I, for one, feel that he may have been pushed a little too far and lost his cool. Fine. But I think it was his scum bag lawyer parents who saw dollar signs in the making and convinced him to basically make a federal case out of this. If he is looked at as poison by every other team, that's the bed he made. He sold his career for the quick, easy buck. Tuffshit if he don't like it.

November 12th, 2013, 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2