View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 2:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Is Stafford the #5 best QB in the NFL right now? 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Is Stafford the #5 best QB in the NFL right now?
All I know is that the Lions really should've drafted Mark Sanchez instead.

November 14th, 2013, 12:22 pm
National Champion

Blueskies wrote:

I think the only ones regretting that now are Jets fans... just sayin'. :wink:

November 14th, 2013, 5:43 pm
RIP Killer

Blueskies wrote:

If the Lions would have listened to Mike Valenti, that's exactly what they would have done. I can recall him being on the radio with Terry Foster going on and on about how the Lions were stupid to not take Sanchez. He's changed his tune now, but for about three years he never shut up about it.

November 14th, 2013, 11:50 pm
RIP Killer

There was never a question of picking Sanchez over Stafford in Allen Park, my bigger worry was the Aaron Curry movement that year by far. I would have cried like I did when they drafted 5'2" CB Terry Fair and the Vikes got Randy Moss with the next pick had they taken the LB.

November 15th, 2013, 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

Pablo wrote:
There was never a question of picking Sanchez over Stafford in Allen Park, my bigger worry was the Aaron Curry movement that year by far. I would have cried like I did when they drafted 5'2" CB Terry Fair and the Vikes got Randy Moss with the next pick had they taken the LB.

The Aaron Curry movement had a lot of supporters back then. LOTS of griping then. What surprises me is that the fans almost won't allow themselves to realize that the Lions have a 25 year old top tier QB. He played lousy in the Pitt game, and they lost. When he's on, they are a dangerous team. As he gets more experience, his bad games will come with less frequency. I think we are seeing that this year to a point.

November 21st, 2013, 11:34 pm
RIP Killer

jrd66 wrote:
Pablo wrote:

The Aaron Curry movement had a lot of supporters back then. LOTS of griping then. What surprises me is that the fans almost won't allow themselves to realize that the Lions have a 25 year old top tier QB. He played lousy in the Pitt game, and they lost. When he's on, they are a dangerous team. As he gets more experience, his bad games will come with less frequency. I think we are seeing that this year to a point.

I think you are wrong about what the fans realize. Stafford is recognized by almost everyone as one of the best young QBs in the league, even those of us (yes, me) who didn't believe he was the right pick at the time. I will also say that Stafford really didn't play poorly in Pittsburgh. He wasn't at his best, but some of the blame needs to be put on the receivers. He can't catch the ball for them. And they are supposed to catch some of those, even if it doesn't have a little too much mustard on there.

November 22nd, 2013, 3:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2