View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 10:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Next Up: Pittsburgh Steelers 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Next Up: Pittsburgh Steelers

November 13th, 2013, 1:57 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Next Up: Pittsburgh Steelers
Not sure if that is a compliment or a slam. But, it is darn funny.

November 13th, 2013, 5:55 pm
National Champion

BillySims wrote:

Pretty sure it was a slam. I hope "big" Ben likes the taste of his home turf.

November 13th, 2013, 10:20 pm
QB Coach

Hystrix wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I don't think it was a slam at all. Look at the full quote:

"Well, yeah, you've got to be careful," he said. "You'll end up dead if you're not careful. This is a great D-line and defense.

"Yeah, well, I tell myself all the time to be alert for those things. But then, when the bullets are flying, who knows what's going to happen?"

He makes reference to life & death twice in his quote, and both (imo) are reference to how the Lions D is very aggressive, especially the D line. I take it as a compliment. Would you rather he said something inferring that he doesn't have to worry about the Lions D? The fact that he specifically mentioned Suh and Fairley shows that they are good players who have to be accounted for.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 14th, 2013, 4:31 am
3rd Round Selection

I took it as a compliment too.

November 14th, 2013, 9:52 am
RIP Killer

UK Lion wrote:
I took it as a compliment too.

It was, I've listened to his whole press conference - thought it was a pretty funny line.

There may be an issue with it given there was a school shooting in Pittsburgh yesterday (no fatalities). He also used the term "bullets are flying", so that may cause a stir but I doubt he even knew what happened.

In context, he was talking about how he doesn't go down and the punishment he might take as a result.

November 14th, 2013, 9:57 am
Profile WWW
National Champion

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I don't think it was a slam at all. Look at the full quote:

"Well, yeah, you've got to be careful," he said. "You'll end up dead if you're not careful. This is a great D-line and defense.

"Yeah, well, I tell myself all the time to be alert for those things. But then, when the bullets are flying, who knows what's going to happen?"

He makes reference to life & death twice in his quote, and both (imo) are reference to how the Lions D is very aggressive, especially the D line. I take it as a compliment. Would you rather he said something inferring that he doesn't have to worry about the Lions D? The fact that he specifically mentioned Suh and Fairley shows that they are good players who have to be accounted for.

Yep. I see that. I listened to the radio interview after I made that post. I heard Big Ben's tone during the interview, and I agree it wasn't an insult.

November 14th, 2013, 5:46 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I only seen the initial post. And with a little reading between the lines, it looks like he could have been calling Suh and Fairly dirty. LOL

November 15th, 2013, 9:15 am
Heisman Winner

I'm a little skittish about this game. Although we could be perceived as a favorite with the two teams having opposite records, this is Pittsburgh last stand essentially. They are a proud franchise and even though they are pretty inept this year, they have been playing better as of late.

We could be basking in the glow of a divisional lead and drop this game that for all intents and purposes should win.

:-k

I'm going to say 24-21 Lions in another nail biter but I wouldn't at all be surprised if we lay an egg here.

November 15th, 2013, 12:36 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

yostevo wrote:
I'm a little skittish about this game. Although we could be perceived as a favorite with the two teams having opposite records, this is Pittsburgh last stand essentially. They are a proud franchise and even though they are pretty inept this year, they have been playing better as of late.

We could be basking in the glow of a divisional lead and drop this game that for all intents and purposes should win.

I'm going to say 24-21 Lions in another nail biter but I wouldn't at all be surprised if we lay an egg here.

IMO it all depends on Pitt's D being able to step up. I dont think they can or will, so I expect us to win. they will score points at home, but their defense looks pretty terrible this year and their oline is extremely suspect as well. I was more worried about the Bear game than I am about this week.

November 15th, 2013, 12:52 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
yostevo wrote:

IMO it all depends on Pitt's D being able to step up. I dont think they can or will, so I expect us to win. they will score points at home, but their defense looks pretty terrible this year and their oline is extremely suspect as well. I was more worried about the Bear game than I am about this week.

Pitts D has done a decent job against AJ Green and some of the other top wideouts, look for them to try to hold CJ in check. That said, they haven't been good against the run so Bush/Bell need to have a solid ground game for us to control the game and get out of there with a W.

November 15th, 2013, 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]