View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 2:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Gameday: Lions @ Steelers 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Gameday: Lions @ Steelers
ugly loss.
reggie bush was aweful. bad weather brought out the absolute worst in him and then in a stroke of lions luck, bell gets hurt ugh. our secondary is a joke. maybe the sh1tt!est in the nfl. I'm done waiting on Slay to become a competent player. we need defenders in the back end NOW.

The most disturbing part about this loss is that we perfectly portrayed the role of dome team clamming up in the elements. Reggie Bush was a microcosm of the wholteam. i see why GB cut Ross(the guy double catches everything). I have no words for ogletree. the guy is just a bum. him and ross could make so many plays if either guy could catch.

MICHAEL FRIGGEN SPURLOCK. i know he didnt turn the ball over but im sick watching him take punts and picking a sideline to.

i too am starting to question gunther. Linehan has kind of turned the corner on his play calling(if we didnt drop the ball so damn much, Linehan would look like genius).

November 17th, 2013, 6:16 pm
RIP Killer

Stafford looked bad on far too many throws. The INT was a F'ing hope and a prayer. The miss to bush and ogle tree were TD catches that he overthrew. Just ugly throwing the ball, especially in the second half. I'd love to see Staffords second half numbers...I'm guessing 3/21 for 26 yards. That's pee wee league pathetic,

November 17th, 2013, 6:22 pm

conversion02 wrote:
Stafford looked bad on far too many throws. The INT was a F'ing hope and a prayer. The miss to bush and ogle tree were TD catches that he overthrew. Just ugly throwing the ball, especially in the second half. I'd love to see Staffords second half numbers...I'm guessing 3/21 for 26 yards. That's pee wee league pathetic,

Can't put this one on Staff and the offense. IMO, 27 points in those type of conditions should be enough to win you the game. I actually dread 3rd and long situations because I feel there's a better chance the other team will convert than if they had a 3rd and short.

November 17th, 2013, 6:37 pm
Pop Warner Vet

I for one liked the fake fg call, we never take risks and they aren't always going to work but I like seeing them do things they normally don't. However, we did lose and I called this loss last we just don't win in long streaks and lose to teams we shouldn't, ala Arizona and Pittsburg.

November 17th, 2013, 6:44 pm
Team MVP

The worst losses are the ones that you should have won. THIS WAS ONE OF THEM. Sickening.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 17th, 2013, 9:15 pm

am i the only one deeply discouraged by the fact that reggie bush is utterly useless in less than perfect weather?

November 17th, 2013, 9:42 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Can't put this one on Staff and the offense. IMO, 27 points in those type of conditions should be enough to win you the game. I actually dread 3rd and long situations because I feel there's a better chance the other team will convert than if they had a 3rd and short.

I think our offense could have performed better in the first, third, and fourth quarters. They do get a pass for the fake field goal which is a special teams blunder; the offense itself moved the ball on that drive and earned a field goal.

I'm putting the majority of the blame on our defense. They let the Steelers score 14 points on the first two drives. Then later they allowed a 97 yard TD after the botched fake field goal. I would say that 27 of the 37 points were the fault of our defense and not special teams blunders or offensive turnovers.

Our secondary is killing us.

November 17th, 2013, 9:50 pm
3rd Round Selection

That hurt.

Should have won that one. Agree with the people saying that it looks like a dome team getting our of sync thanks to a bit of old fashioned weather.

The defense was the big worry, IMO. The offense made some big errors - but it was all typical Lions "shoot yourself in the foot" type stuff that you can hope may be reduced come the next game. The D just looked fundamentally bad, apart from the way it played the run. No pass rush and poor coverage.

I'm not sure the fake FG was the right call, but I don't think it was the biggest contributor to the loss by any means.

November 18th, 2013, 7:52 am
RIP Killer

It was one of those games, a pretty bizarre game at that. I'm not going to get too worked up about it. We were off much of the game, playing against a team on a bit of a roll with nothing to lose, on the road where we hadn't won in half a century, in the rain, and still could have won.

It stings a little, but over the course of a 16 game schedule these are going to happen.

Fix the mistakes, suit back up and win next Sunday boys.

November 18th, 2013, 9:32 am
Profile WWW
Team MVP

Yes, our secondary is killing us. But it doesnt help neither when we can not get any sacks. We got 1, right? Sure, we are getting some "pressure", but it sure as heck isn't affecting the quarterback. Especially with this line, who gets the hype of such a fierce D-line. Not saying they ARE the problem, but they sure arent helping.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 18th, 2013, 10:44 am
Player of the Year - Defense

I didn't get a chance to actually watch the game -- I was on a long drive and listened to the entire thing. The announcers made it sound like Pittsburg was intentionally running a no-huddle offense with quick dump-off passes designed to neutralize the Lion's pass rush.

EDIT: While I still expect the Lions to win the division, this is the sort of games that makes me think they have absolutely no chance at winning a playoff game on the road.

November 18th, 2013, 10:47 am

Blueskies wrote:
I didn't get a chance to actually watch the game -- I was on a long drive and listened to the entire thing. The announcers made it sound like Pittsburg was intentionally running a no-huddle offense with quick dump-off passes designed to neutralize the Lion's pass rush.

EDIT: While I still expect the Lions to win the division, this is the sort of games that makes me think they have absolutely no chance at winning a playoff game on the road.

I think that's how must teams neutralize our pass rush. I believe the first team to do this successfully, oddly enough, was the Titans last year. We haven't found a way to successfully counteract that--imo, we're still playing in the back end like our D-line can terrorize opposing QBs. I don't think our D-line is necessarily any worse (as some have suggested), but we put enough on film where teams know how to counteract most of what we do.

November 18th, 2013, 10:54 am
NFL Veteran

Not only was Pitt game planning to counter the pass rush with quick plays and the no huddle, but the Lions are also still missing a speed rusher off the edge. Ziggy not being on the field has actually caused a noticeable difference in their ability to generate pressure and sacks. Willie Young has been playing pretty well, but he's more relentless and as quick as he is he's still not a starting grade speed rusher. To add even more to that the weather made that field soggy and you can't ignore how much that can hinder the first step of the Dline. They were able to hold their ground pretty well, but they couldn't seem to attack as quickly at the snap.

November 18th, 2013, 11:02 am
3rd Round Selection

Looks to me that we're playing a different scheme on the line than before, that emphasis's the run compared to previous years. There's definitely a big benefit to that - we aren't nearly as susceptible to wham plays inside or to outside runs. Our last couple of games, we've defended the run really well.

The down side seems to be a reduction in sacks in the passing game.

November 18th, 2013, 11:05 am
RIP Killer

Willie young looked bad yesterday. Taylor regularly got into the backfield and Ben was stepping to his right regularly. Also, suh and fairley gotab absolutely manhandled by Pitts interior line. It was quite sad to watch. They held their ground on the run game, but got zero pressure up the middle on the pass

November 18th, 2013, 1:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next