View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 8:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Has Science Discovered GOD? 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Has Science Discovered GOD?
http://y-jesus.com/more/science-christianity-compatible?gclid=CLHnzduK7LoCFeY-Mgod0F4AMQ

This is page 1 of 7. Just click the link above if you would like to read the whole story.

Quote:
Has Science Discovered God?
Einstein didn’t believe it was possible.
Stephen Hawking said it might be the greatest scientific discovery of all time.

What discovery baffled the greatest scientific minds of the past century, and what caused them to rethink the origin of our universe? New, more powerful, telescopes have revealed mysteries about our universe that have raised new questions about the origin of life.

Has science discovered God?

But wait a minute! Lightening, earthquakes and even babies used to be explained as acts of God. But now we know better. What is it about this discovery that is different, and that has stunned the scientific world?

This discovery and what molecular biologists have learned about the sophisticated coding within DNA have many scientists now admitting that the universe appears to be part of a grand design.

One cosmologist put it this way: “Many scientists, when they admit their views, incline toward the teleological or design argument.”[1]

Surprisingly, many scientists who are talking about God have no religious belief whatsoever.[2]

So, what are these stunning discoveries that have scientists suddenly speaking of God? Three revolutionary discoveries from the fields of astronomy and molecular biology stand out:

1. The universe had a beginning

2. The universe is just right for life

3. DNA coding reveals intelligence

The statements leading scientists have made about these discoveries may shock you. Let’s take a look.

November 17th, 2013, 11:06 am
NFL Veteran

Post Re: Has Science Discovered GOD?
This article is just fluff. Basically all it says is scientists learned about things they can't explain therefore God did it. When an actual scientific blog, magazine, website, or organization actually says they believe there is proof or even a reasonable chance of a creator existing then it'll be interesting.

November 17th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Yeah, that was terrible.

1) So the universe may have had a beginning. That doesn't mean it had a creator, or even if it did, it doesn't mean that the "creator" was some kind of personal god.

2) Yes, the probability of our universe being exactly the way it is, is slight. But to turn this into an argument for god just displays a lack of understanding about probability. Take yourself, for example: the probability of you specifically existing as a person is literally one in trillions trillions. The odds of your parents happening to meet, the one individual sperm out of billions, the fact that you weren't a spontaneous abortion, etc etc. But yet, here you are.

3) Intelligent design is not scientific: there is no way to refute it, or even to test it. DNA is not so complex that it could not have evolved. There simpler versions of it (rna)

November 18th, 2013, 9:09 am
QB Coach

To me, all of the conversations/debates around intelligent design are pointless. It all boils down to one side (intelligent design) requiring belief, while the other side (science) does not. Intelligent design (and all religions really) basically say that the things that can't be explained or proven yet must be God. There is no way to prove or disprove this, you just have to believe. Science, on the other hand, gives their best guess (hypothesis) where things are unknown, and essentially says that based on what is currently known, and given certain assumptions, here's what we think is or has happened. Then they test to try to prove or disprove the hypothesis. There is nothing in that requiring belief. Things either are or aren't.

So, from my perspective, you have belief vs. proof, and it's like people speaking two different languages. It won't matter how much you say or how many different ways you try to say it, if the person you are speaking to doesn't understand your language, you'll never actually be communicating. And that to me is exactly what the debate is like.

By the way, I come at this as someone who was raised catholic, but no longer practices any religion. I have many friends and family who have opinions across the spectrum on this, and by far the most telling example of my point was when some of my family members said that that they didn't "believe" in science. It really clarified things for me. If you approach things from the perspective of belief being a requirement, you can choose not to believe something if it disagrees with your view of the issue. Despite the facts, your belief tells you otherwise. Once that happens, it's no longer a meaningful conversation or debate. One side has closed off the possibility of ever being wrong because they believe. It's a pointless exercise in wasted breath.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 18th, 2013, 12:04 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
To me, all of the conversations/debates around intelligent design are pointless. It all boils down to one side (intelligent design) requiring belief, while the other side (science) does not. Intelligent design (and all religions really) basically say that the things that can't be explained or proven yet must be God. There is no way to prove or disprove this, you just have to believe. Science, on the other hand, gives their best guess (hypothesis) where things are unknown, and essentially says that based on what is currently known, and given certain assumptions, here's what we think is or has happened. Then they test to try to prove or disprove the hypothesis. There is nothing in that requiring belief. Things either are or aren't.

So, from my perspective, you have belief vs. proof, and it's like people speaking two different languages. It won't matter how much you say or how many different ways you try to say it, if the person you are speaking to doesn't understand your language, you'll never actually be communicating. And that to me is exactly what the debate is like.

By the way, I come at this as someone who was raised catholic, but no longer practices any religion. I have many friends and family who have opinions across the spectrum on this, and by far the most telling example of my point was when some of my family members said that that they didn't "believe" in science. It really clarified things for me. If you approach things from the perspective of belief being a requirement, you can choose not to believe something if it disagrees with your view of the issue. Despite the facts, your belief tells you otherwise. Once that happens, it's no longer a meaningful conversation or debate. One side has closed off the possibility of ever being wrong because they believe. It's a pointless exercise in wasted breath.

Amen.

See what i did there?

November 19th, 2013, 2:55 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]