View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 40  Next
 Questions about the Bible, Jesus and Christianity. 
QB Coach

Post Re: Questions about the Bible, Jesus and Christianity.
That is a choice you make, but I do hope that at some point you will be encouraged to take another look. But I'm not going to beat you with a Bible, but I'll put you on my prayer list.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 28th, 2013, 5:51 pm
QB Coach

Here's an article that my friend pulled off a magazine called the examiner I believe. I'll see if I can find the link, but here's the article. I'd like some other thoughts on it from other minds besides my own. I don't know enough about this kind of thing.

For all you prophesy buffs out there, I've got something interesting I stumbled across that might pique your interest. For those of you who don't know, there's a tetrad, or series of 4 blood moons, coming up next year and into 2015. So what makes these special? Every single one of them occurs on a feast day over Jerusalem. That makes them prophetically significant. How you might ask? Well, let's look at history to explain.

The first recorded tetrad that we know of occurred in 162-163AD during the Imperial Persecutions of the Jews which lead to the 3rd Diaspora. After this was a triple tetrad, or 3 sets of blood moons over a very close period of time that occurred from 795-861ad during the Islamic conquests. The next tetrad was in 1493 during the Inquisition and the Spanish expulsion of all Jews. Again, something bad happened during that period of four blood moons which occurred in order all on feast days.

The last series of tetrads, which will be the last until well into the 3000's, is also another triple tetrad. What makes this especially interesting is the numbering of it compared tot he previous triple tetrad. The first three tetrads occurred 48 and 19 years apart. The ones happening presently (we're in between the 2nd and 3rd one, with the 3rd due to start in 2014) are 19 and 48 years apart. See a pattern there? 48 and 19, then 19 and 48? What year was Israel reborn? Yeah. Exactly.

Now, here's something else to chew on, and correcting someone else on the wars of the end times revealed this to me. During the first tetrad, 1949-1950, Israel signed its last peace treaty, officially ending the war of independence in June of 1949. Why is that significant? Because the first and second blood moons were April (passover) and October (Feast of trumpets) respectively of that year.

Now, fast forward to 1967. Everyone remembers what happened then. Yeah, the 1967 six day war. It happened in May of 1967, right between the first and second blood moons. Getting interesting yet? Okay, fast forward to 2014. The first two blood moons will happen in April and October of that year, on Passover and Feast of Trumpets respectively. Now, if precedent holds up, that means that Psalm83, the first of the 3 end times apocalyptic wars (Psalm83, Ez38, aka Gog, and Rev16, ie, Armageddon), will break out sometime in that time frame.

What makes me think that? Well, a couple things. First, we have the precedent of the first two blood moon/war combinations. Second, the peace process with Israel is slated to end at the end of April 2014, which incidentally happens to be exactly 9 months (the length of a pregnancy) after it began. Starting to see a pattern here? I'll leave this up to you to decide, but if the data matches up, and all patterns remain the same, I suspect we're about to see another major prophetic event (Israel finally reclaiming her entire inheritance for the first time in history) very, very soon.

And since Psalm 83 is the last major prophetic event that MUST happen before the Tribulation, it means we're really close. So keep looking up guys, we're not far from going home.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 17th, 2013, 5:57 pm
#1 Overall Pick

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Here's an article that my friend pulled off a magazine called the examiner I believe. I'll see if I can find the link, but here's the article. I'd like some other thoughts on it from other minds besides my own. I don't know enough about this kind of thing.

For all you prophesy buffs out there, I've got something interesting I stumbled across that might pique your interest. For those of you who don't know, there's a tetrad, or series of 4 blood moons, coming up next year and into 2015. So what makes these special? Every single one of them occurs on a feast day over Jerusalem. That makes them prophetically significant. How you might ask? Well, let's look at history to explain.

The first recorded tetrad that we know of occurred in 162-163AD during the Imperial Persecutions of the Jews which lead to the 3rd Diaspora. After this was a triple tetrad, or 3 sets of blood moons over a very close period of time that occurred from 795-861ad during the Islamic conquests. The next tetrad was in 1493 during the Inquisition and the Spanish expulsion of all Jews. Again, something bad happened during that period of four blood moons which occurred in order all on feast days.

The last series of tetrads, which will be the last until well into the 3000's, is also another triple tetrad. What makes this especially interesting is the numbering of it compared tot he previous triple tetrad. The first three tetrads occurred 48 and 19 years apart. The ones happening presently (we're in between the 2nd and 3rd one, with the 3rd due to start in 2014) are 19 and 48 years apart. See a pattern there? 48 and 19, then 19 and 48? What year was Israel reborn? Yeah. Exactly.

Now, here's something else to chew on, and correcting someone else on the wars of the end times revealed this to me. During the first tetrad, 1949-1950, Israel signed its last peace treaty, officially ending the war of independence in June of 1949. Why is that significant? Because the first and second blood moons were April (passover) and October (Feast of trumpets) respectively of that year.

Now, fast forward to 1967. Everyone remembers what happened then. Yeah, the 1967 six day war. It happened in May of 1967, right between the first and second blood moons. Getting interesting yet? Okay, fast forward to 2014. The first two blood moons will happen in April and October of that year, on Passover and Feast of Trumpets respectively. Now, if precedent holds up, that means that Psalm83, the first of the 3 end times apocalyptic wars (Psalm83, Ez38, aka Gog, and Rev16, ie, Armageddon), will break out sometime in that time frame.

What makes me think that? Well, a couple things. First, we have the precedent of the first two blood moon/war combinations. Second, the peace process with Israel is slated to end at the end of April 2014, which incidentally happens to be exactly 9 months (the length of a pregnancy) after it began. Starting to see a pattern here? I'll leave this up to you to decide, but if the data matches up, and all patterns remain the same, I suspect we're about to see another major prophetic event (Israel finally reclaiming her entire inheritance for the first time in history) very, very soon.

And since Psalm 83 is the last major prophetic event that MUST happen before the Tribulation, it means we're really close. So keep looking up guys, we're not far from going home.

Those feast days are held over multiple days like 7-10, so right there is a huge window to be making such a big deal about. Also I'm not positive but as far as I know blood moons(Hunter's moons) happen every year and tetrads(4 consecutive lunar eclipses that are all total eclipses) have happened before without falling on feast days. This is just another crazy religious crack pot idea about when the world may end, which we routinely see every few years and always pass by with nothing happening.

November 18th, 2013, 2:45 pm
QB Coach

Please NOTE that it is not my own idea, and I really don't know what to think about it. This is outside the realm of my thinking, and interest, so I couldn't tell you a tetrad from a microbe. The thinking is interesting, but in truth, no man knows the hour or the day, so it's all speculation. I'm not laying claim to this being truth, I was just curious as to what others thought. Having said that, I didn't know if there were any others who might find this kind of research interesting and was interested in pursuing the claims of "blood moons" and historical data to see if they actually coincided, or if it was hogwash.

November 18th, 2013, 3:19 pm
#1 Overall Pick

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Please NOTE that it is not my own idea, and I really don't know what to think about it. This is outside the realm of my thinking, and interest, so I couldn't tell you a tetrad from a microbe. The thinking is interesting, but in truth, no man knows the hour or the day, so it's all speculation. I'm not laying claim to this being truth, I was just curious as to what others thought. Having said that, I didn't know if there were any others who might find this kind of research interesting and was interested in pursuing the claims of "blood moons" and historical data to see if they actually coincided, or if it was hogwash.

The things do coincide but it's not like the events haven't happened separately also. These people aren't really making stuff up they are just leaving some things out to make their belief seem more plausible. As with most things religious based it requires a leap of faith and the ability to take all the info at face value without any deeper digging for the idea to not fall apart.

November 18th, 2013, 6:23 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

It's coming from this:

http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/blood-moons- ... -and-2015/

Why are blood moons significant? Was the Jewish expulsion from Spain really a major historical event? Why didn't Blood Moons during other major Jewish-related historic events? ww2, the holocaust? Jewish expulsion from France?

If you dug hard enough, you could find some kind of environmental occurrence coincides with history -- tide levels, forest fires, hurricane seasons, whatever. It's all crap.

November 18th, 2013, 6:52 pm
QB Coach

Thanks for both of your opinions. I don't fall on one side or the other; I found it to be an interesting read but that was about all. In truth, time is the only factor that is going to weigh out faith. Someone made an excellent point in Science discovering God post about how you have people standing on either side of the fence. It's a different language, different thought process, and different reality altogether. I could stand here and beat you with the Bible, and that wouldn't bring you into the "Kingdom" that would be considered assualt. In truth, all I can do is say, or show, this is who I was, and this is who I am now. It's up to the individual to "weigh the evidence" and then decide for themselves. Although internet chat rooms are profoundly more difficult because we've never met, and may never meet either.

BUT, I can still pray for you guys, and leave the results up to Him. :P

November 19th, 2013, 9:55 am

It's not just "standing on one side or the other"

The guy who wrote that book did it to take advantage of stupid people and collect their money. I hope he dies of cancer slowly, alone and in great pain.

November 19th, 2013, 10:22 am
Hall of Fame Player

Blueskies wrote:

The guy who wrote that book did it to take advantage of stupid people and collect their money. I hope he dies of cancer slowly, alone and in great pain.

Nice!!

Be very careful of what you wish onto other people. Sometimes it comes back at you 3 times as hard.

November 19th, 2013, 9:43 pm
RIP Killer

Checking back in for a moment, sometimes I just can't resist...

WarEr4Christ wrote:
In truth, time is the only factor that is going to weigh out faith.

I'm so proud of you for saying this, cause it is the truth. You may have heard, the only way to really predict the future is to look at the past. Now I ask you this, what has time done to every faith of the past?

The same will hold true of all the dominant faiths of today when enough time passes. People in the future will look back upon our general timeframe, much like we do of past empires and their faiths. Man's need to believe will lead to new faiths, they too will pass over time.

As the good book states, "this too shall pass"...

November 20th, 2013, 9:42 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Thanks Pablo, I appreciate that and hope you along with others can notice the growth that's gone on over "time." However, in reading your post I have to say a question developed.

What happens to the person waiting for time to weigh out the truth? Living outside of time is an impossibility, so what that means is that everyone has to make a decision and live accordingly. There is NO POSSIBLE way to fast forward to the end, see the outcome and then reverse back to the point you find yourself in, and say, "I'll take that one!"

As I've said many times before, I don't want to introduce anyone to a religion, I want to introduce you to a man who's changed my life. Jesus was a radical, who was ANTI-RELIGION, and cared more about the people around him, than he did about rules and regulations. Jesus, and therefore Blood Bought Born Again Christians after him, have come to realize that we are ambassador's for Christ. There has much that's been done in the name of Christianity that is just as heinous as any of the other religions. People have been hurt, and burdened and injured or even killed in the name of Christianity. BUT, if a Blood Bough Born Again Christian is following in the footsteps of Jesus, doing as He did, there is much less hurt and more help that's being done.

Historical evidence proves that point, but again, my heart's deepest desire is to bring people into relationship with Jesus, so that they can know the freedom and relationship that is truly awesome and hard to describe outside of experience. Anyway, thanks for your vote of confidence.

November 20th, 2013, 1:37 pm

BillySims wrote:
Blueskies wrote:

Nice!!

Be very careful of what you wish onto other people. Sometimes it comes back at you 3 times as hard.

Conservatives love to complain about political correctness, but the biggest failure there is people's unwillingness to speak out against unethical practices.

If someone is intentionally defrauding people, peddling crap to take their money, they deserve the worst in life.

November 20th, 2013, 3:12 pm
Modmin Dude

Blueskies wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Blueskies wrote:

Nice!!

Conservatives love to complain about political correctness, but the biggest failure there is people's unwillingness to speak out against unethical practices.

If someone is intentionally defrauding people, peddling crap to take their money, they deserve the worst in life.
Me thinks Billy is talking about Karma.....

November 20th, 2013, 3:39 pm

If you see fraud, and you don't shout fraud, you are the fraud.

November 20th, 2013, 4:37 pm
QB Coach

Blue,

But if you are speaking of a relationship with God, how to you quantify "fraud?" That's a personal observation based upon your personal perspective right?

Now if you mean those nut jobs like "Live your best life now" with the used car salesman smile, and the "send me your $1000.00 seed money, and God will return it 100 fold" type snake oil salesmen, then I would tend to agree with you. However, I'd rather not sit in judgment, and instead take a look at the fruits. If the fruits don't match the tree, then I'd be more than willing to call out the "fraud."

I just want to make sure I understood your comment...

November 20th, 2013, 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 40  Next