View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 11:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Next up: Tampa Bay Buccaneers 
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Next up: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PFT wrote:
Nate Burleson cleared to return from broken arm
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 22, 2013, 9:15 AM EST

The pizzas are safe, and the Lions offense may be again too.

According to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, Burleson has been cleared for contact and will be in the lineup Sunday, barring any late setbacks.

“I don’t want to give away too much, but things are looking up for Nate Burleson,” Burleson said Thursday, showing his ability to use the third person has recovered as well. “Catching some balls, getting high fives. My friends are talking to me again. Things are finally looking up. That pizza set me back, man.”

Burleson broke his left forearm in a Sept. 24 car wreck, which happened when he tried to keep two pizzas from sliding off the passenger seat of his car.

He missed seven games since, though he’s still near the top of the stat sheet. He led the team with 19 catches for 239 yards at the time of the wreck, and other than Calvin Johnson, the only wide receiver to pass him in those categories was Kris Durham, despite the nearly two-month absence.

But they’re hoping for more than just stats when he returns.

“His leadership and his energy,” offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said. “Just being able to have that in that huddle brings confidence to the group. And not that they don’t have that, but he just has the creditability to go in and kind of get those guys going and be kind of like that, I don’t know if he’s the mascot for the receivers, but he certainly gets them going and brings a bunch of positive energy to our team.”

Johnson’s done OK in his absence, leading the league with 1,083 yards and 11 touchdowns. But the Lions have clearly been looking for someone else to help Megatron as they fight for the NFC North title, and Burleson’s return should help that process.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... roken-arm/

November 22nd, 2013, 11:09 am
Team MVP

First game in a long time I have to miss. Honeymoon. Go Lions.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 22nd, 2013, 1:37 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:

someone needs to straighten out their priorities in life - gesh!

November 22nd, 2013, 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

kdsberman wrote:

It's called TIVO.

November 22nd, 2013, 3:46 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:

There are TVs in bedrooms now.....just sayin'.

November 22nd, 2013, 4:12 pm
3rd Round Selection

kdsberman wrote:

Congrats - enjoy!

November 22nd, 2013, 9:02 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Watched the entire game, and all I can say is. Are you F$%king Kidding me. 5 Turnovers (2 of the weirdest ive ever seen both in the late 4th Qtr) plus a Blocked Punt.

Another game where we dominate the stat line and lose anyways. Take away the 2 40+ yeard TDs and the D played an A- game. But 5 TOs and a Blocked Punt.

After the last 2 weeks, Goodbye Playoffs IMO and if we somehow make it we will implode and get owned in 1st Rnd.

November 24th, 2013, 5:14 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran General Manager

DJ-B wrote:
Watched the entire game, and all I can say is. Are you F$%king Kidding me. 5 Turnovers (2 of the weirdest ive ever seen both in the late 4th Qtr) plus a Blocked Punt.

Another game where we dominate the stat line and lose anyways. Take away the 2 40+ yeard TDs and the D played an A- game. But 5 TOs and a Blocked Punt.

After the last 2 weeks, Goodbye Playoffs IMO and if we somehow make it we will implode and get owned in 1st Rnd.

Good thing there is more to a season than just the last 2 weeks. Look around the league. This is happening to more than just the Lions. Just a very strange season for everyone.

November 24th, 2013, 6:53 pm
QB Coach

I also missed this game to spend the day with my girlfriend. Figured this was a good one to skip since it was the Bucs. What I came back to was an embarrassing display. Good teams beat worse teams. We find a way to lose the games we're supposed to win. Same stuff every season. I think it's time to get Stafford a real QB coach who explains to him that FGs are ok especially in a tight game. Don't force it to Calvin when we only need 3. Also, I've stood up for him through the years, but Schwartz needs to go. Along with the whole coaching staff. Our defense continues to play poorly and our O that should be blowing out these teams, puts up just enough points to lose. Even if we make the playoffs, we'll lose the first game. I'm done with feeling like crap every Sunday.

November 24th, 2013, 6:54 pm
League MVP

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I also missed this game to spend the day with my girlfriend. Figured this was a good one to skip since it was the Bucs. What I came back to was an embarrassing display. Good teams beat worse teams. We find a way to lose the games we're supposed to win. Same stuff every season. I think it's time to get Stafford a real QB coach who explains to him that FGs are ok especially in a tight game. Don't force it to Calvin when we only need 3. Also, I've stood up for him through the years, but Schwartz needs to go. Along with the whole coaching staff. Our defense continues to play poorly and our O that should be blowing out these teams, puts up just enough points to lose. Even if we make the playoffs, we'll lose the first game. I'm done with feeling like crap every Sunday.

are u suggesting the last INT was Stafford s fault and not Johnson's?

November 24th, 2013, 7:04 pm
QB Coach

I don't blame Calvin for that one either. The hit was right on the ball and it popped out. Just a flukey play. But Stafford always forcing it to him did lead to at least one of the picks today. And Matt missing him wide open before the half was terrible. Stafford needs to be more consistent and accurate. He needs someone to teach him not to throw off his back foot. Just so frustrated with how crappy this team is when they should be so much better. For them to show they're an NFL caliber team they should win out against under performing opponents in the final 5 games, but honestly I don't see the 3 wins we'll need to make the playoffs. If you can't beat the Bucs at home how do you have any hope of beating a playoff team if we do make it. What's sad right now is we'd host the 8-3 Panthers who'd mop the floor with us.

November 25th, 2013, 1:38 am
QB Coach

Up until this week, I actually looked forward to Lions games. This is the first season in a long, long time that I felt that way. In previous years, I just knew the team would find ways to screw things up and leave me disappointed. This year felt different. Then the past couple weeks happened. Turns out I was wrong. This team isn't different. It may not be "the same old Lions", but it sure feels very similar. Lots of talent on paper, but never the smarts or ability to put it all together at the key times. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again.

This game was just sickening. There is absolutely no way the Lions should have lost to Tampa. None. It is inexcusable, and it shows that this team is truly not ready for success, and they will be lucky to make the playoffs. But, as has been said, even if they do they'll be done after 1 game. I'm not even sure I want to watch anymore.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 25th, 2013, 11:30 am
QB Coach

Yeah, try spending precious money to see it in person! $80.00 a head for nose bleed, came with free oxygen bottle and nose canula. By the end of the game, I couldn't sit any more because my backside was so SORE from FORD Field having it's way with me.

I'm BEYOND tired of hearing, "the fellas are playing hard!" Between my friends and I, we've come up with a new strategy for this team. Win a game, get paid. Lose a game, and wait till next week! Let's see how hard these professionals play then!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 25th, 2013, 1:55 pm
Heisman Winner

:oops:

November 25th, 2013, 3:10 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

On the bright side, Ziggy had a good game. By my crude calculations, he now has the most sacks this season of any DE taken in the first two rounds. I'm aware that's not exactly an illustrious group, but it's still something.

November 25th, 2013, 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next