View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 4:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Lojack behind the scenes podcast interview 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Lojack behind the scenes podcast interview
Responds to Sitton's comments and talks about issues with the team. Very interesting listen.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/detroitspo ... on-podcast

November 27th, 2013, 2:45 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Lojack behind the scenes podcast interview
For those who cant listen at work, details on these tweets, the podcast?

November 27th, 2013, 2:50 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
League MVP

wonder why he doesnt have a job these days...

November 27th, 2013, 6:49 pm
RIP Killer

In all fairness, maybe Schwartz is really a turd in the eyes of young guys. Not that LoJack has any right to say that, but still, if it's true, Schwartz needs to go ASAP.

November 27th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

The Legend wrote:
wonder why he doesnt have a job these days...

The Lions wanted to bring him back, but he turned down the offer.

November 28th, 2013, 1:19 am

The only thing he said bad about Schwartz was that the other coaches told him that Schwartz thought he was soft. When they sat down and talked, he denied it, basically lying to his face and he knew it. Everything else he didn't blame Schwartz for. That one reason was only thing he said he didn't respect him for. He did say some didn't get called out like the rest, and we figured that. If they coddle Stafford, it would explain the inconsistency.

And yes, they offered him the vet minimum and then signed Jason Jones to a bigger deal. And with Jones injury history it didn't make sense if they were giving him crap for being soft and hurt. And he's fine not playing again if it comes to it. He's got offers to do things. The only thing he did was speak the truth today. He repeatedly said his issues weren't with Schwartz per say, but the way the organization was handled higher up. He also said the players were responsible for the current poor play, he didn't blame that all on the coaches.

November 28th, 2013, 1:32 am
League MVP

it doesnt really matter how he tried to explain his tweets. the headlines will read "doesnt respect head coach Schwartz." that doesnt bode well for getting another job. its too bad bc he s better than israel idonije and that he let this personal grudge or whatever you wanna call this let him from coming back to the team. who really cares if schwartz thinks your soft but still worthy of a job, take the job???

November 28th, 2013, 2:28 am

Respect is earned. If any coach demands respect without earning it, he's not going to be successful. Lojack broke an unwritten rule of keeping his mouth shut or sugar coating things... and he's fine with being blackballed for speaking the truth. He wasn't derogatory in any way. He did 3 interviews and he stuck up for the players, stuck up for Gun and defended Schwartz on Sitton's accusations.

Lojack just confirmed what a lot of people here on this board have said. Players not being held accountable when they don't prepare properly, and if Schwartz isn't doing that and isn't earning the respect of the players, you're going to have a team underperform and what's been happening?

November 28th, 2013, 10:07 am
QB Coach

njroar wrote:
Respect is earned. If any coach demands respect without earning it, he's not going to be successful. Lojack broke an unwritten rule of keeping his mouth shut or sugar coating things... and he's fine with being blackballed for speaking the truth. He wasn't derogatory in any way. He did 3 interviews and he stuck up for the players, stuck up for Gun and defended Schwartz on Sitton's accusations.

Lojack just confirmed what a lot of people here on this board have said. Players not being held accountable when they don't prepare properly, and if Schwartz isn't doing that and isn't earning the respect of the players, you're going to have a team underperform and what's been happening?

Yep, agree 100%. To me, his comments are a description of exactly what I expect is happening behind the scenes in this organization. I think Schwartz has taken the team as far as they're going to go with him and the team needs a new leader to reach higher levels.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 28th, 2013, 10:14 am
Team MVP

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
njroar wrote:

Yep, agree 100%. To me, his comments are a description of exactly what I expect is happening behind the scenes in this organization. I think Schwartz has taken the team as far as they're going to go with him and the team needs a new leader to reach higher levels.

I agree. Kinda nice to know a little bit whats going on in this organization. Who knows, maybe someone else is going to speak up.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 28th, 2013, 11:40 am
League MVP

njroar wrote:

i agree there is some value to hearing the insight for fans like us but speaking out isnt of value to LoJack. That he s kind of bashing players like KVB and then using Pro Football Focus evaluations to justify his own greatness while openly admitting he wasnt really on board with how the Lions were using him - just sounds like excuses to me. Not sure why are you being so defensive on his behalf - bottom line is he was successful early on and then when his usage went up Lo Jack's production went down. He clearly was not starting material. Still the Lions wanted him back but I think he scoffed at the fact that he was given a minimum offer moreso than any interaction with Schwartz particularly if he really liked Gun and his teammates as much as he claims. now he s cut from one of the worst teams in the league despite having the talent to be on that team. could it have anything to do with his failure to buy in to team philosophies, etc over there as well? he s not derogatory and is well spoken but he doesnt sound like he s willing to do whatever asked of him either.

maybe there is something to his comment of "respect for Schwartz" but I think the Lions problems have nothing to do with respect towards the coach but rather the coach's style and philosophy. it seems to me the Lions come out and play hard week in and week out, Coach Schwartz has something to do with that. My main critiques would be on how error prone the team is and how tolerant he is of what he calls "aggresive mistakes" whether its penalties or turnovers as well as poor executive strategic decisions during games. i think the lions need a new coach if they want to be serious contenders with this core but its more bc schwartz doesnt know how to steer the team to wins more than any semblance of lack of effort from players bc of respect issues.

November 28th, 2013, 11:57 am
Veteran General Manager

The Legend wrote:
njroar wrote:

i agree there is some value to hearing the insight for fans like us but speaking out isnt of value to LoJack. That he s kind of bashing players like KVB and then using Pro Football Focus evaluations to justify his own greatness while openly admitting he wasnt really on board with how the Lions were using him - just sounds like excuses to me. Not sure why are you being so defensive on his behalf - bottom line is he was successful early on and then when his usage went up Lo Jack's production went down. He clearly was not starting material. Still the Lions wanted him back but I think he scoffed at the fact that he was given a minimum offer moreso than any interaction with Schwartz particularly if he really liked Gun and his teammates as much as he claims. now he s cut from one of the worst teams in the league despite having the talent to be on that team. could it have anything to do with his failure to buy in to team philosophies, etc over there as well? he s not derogatory and is well spoken but he doesnt sound like he s willing to do whatever asked of him either.

maybe there is something to his comment of "respect for Schwartz" but I think the Lions problems have nothing to do with respect towards the coach but rather the coach's style and philosophy. it seems to me the Lions come out and play hard week in and week out, Coach Schwartz has something to do with that. My main critiques would be on how error prone the team is and how tolerant he is of what he calls "aggresive mistakes" whether its penalties or turnovers as well as poor executive strategic decisions during games. i think the lions need a new coach if they want to be serious contenders with this core but its more bc schwartz doesnt know how to steer the team to wins more than any semblance of lack of effort from players bc of respect issues.

I agree about the respect thing. That is such a BS argument. How many times have any of us worked in a job that we had absolutely no respect for our boss? I have been there. But, I did my job to the best of my ability because I needed my job. You don't have to respect your boss in order to do your job.

November 28th, 2013, 12:39 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:

I agree about the respect thing. That is such a BS argument. How many times have any of us worked in a job that we had absolutely no respect for our boss? I have been there. But, I did my job to the best of my ability because I needed my job. You don't have to respect your boss in order to do your job.

There is a difference between simply doing your job, and the willingness to go above and beyond because of your boss. I've had bosses that caused me to do just what I needed to do, no more than that, because I had such a profound lack of respect for them. I did the bare minimum I had to for me to keep my job.

But there have been others who I respected enough that I would jump through rings of fire to help them out. That is the kind of coach players do well for. It is human nature. Respect is something I don't think Schwartz is getting a whole bunch of these days from the players.

November 28th, 2013, 12:53 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:

There is a difference between simply doing your job, and the willingness to go above and beyond because of your boss. I've had bosses that caused me to do just what I needed to do, no more than that, because I had such a profound lack of respect for them. I did the bare minimum I had to for me to keep my job.

But there have been others who I respected enough that I would jump through rings of fire to help them out. That is the kind of coach players do well for. It is human nature. Respect is something I don't think Schwartz is getting a whole bunch of these days from the players.

so you think a lack of respect for schwartz is the lions top issue?

November 28th, 2013, 3:11 pm

The Legend wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:

so you think a lack of respect for schwartz is the lions top issue?

It's not so much a lack of respect for schwartz, as it is schwartz was lying to players about how he felt towards them when he was openly saying things otherwise to other coaches. How is a player going to work harder if the coach tells you one thing, but then position coaches tell you another. It breeds confusion. If schwartz is lying to a players face, when that player knows otherwise, it looks like he's just trying avoid a confrontation and not being the leader that is required in that locker room. And the same goes for making the stars accountable. You can't call out players for mistakes if you're not calling all of them out. You think Belichick coddles Brady or treats him the same as every other player? That's the type of thing that players notice out of a coach.

If the coach is buying into the hype of success like schwartz did from the 2011 to 2012 season, that rubs off on the players. Sure they look like they play hard week in and week out, but a large portion of the game is mental. They're making mental mistakes and haven't had a killer instinct when they get a lead. (until today). That's on the coach. The respect line is too easy to toss off if you don't dig deeper. Some will just disregard the whole thing as sour grapes, and if you do, you weren't listening to the entire story.

As to Minnesota.. it wasn't that he wasn't better. It's the way the CBA works. It guarantees more money to vet minimums. So do teams pay a vet the $750k or take two rookies on the roster for $650k. The business side will always have teams keeping two rookies instead of the one vet so they can pay a little more at a different position. We'll see it next year or year after with Suh and Fairley's contracts. You think they'll keep both or be willing to let one go and rotate two younger cheaper players in there? We've seen the same thing in our receiver depth for the last few seasons.

And I apologize if I'm sounding defensive. I've talked to him personally about this, so i've heard the frustration first hand :)

November 28th, 2013, 7:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next