View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 9:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Next up: Green Bay Packers (Turkey Day) 
RIP Killer

Post Next up: Green Bay Packers (Turkey Day)
Huge divisional game on Turkey Day for the Lions. Can the Lions snap the two game skid and turn things around heading into December? Post all your thoughts in this thread.

GO LIONS!

November 26th, 2013, 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: Next up: Green Bay Packers (Turkey Day)
Flynn throw for 600 yards and 8 Tds. Only misses on 2 throws which are drops. Eddie lacy runs for 220 on 16 carries and 3 TDs.

Lions get absolutely destroyed (and lose all of the remaining games this season) and the nfl takes away the turkey day game from Detroit, causing ford to sell the team. Lions go 11-5 next season and win the first playoff game.

November 26th, 2013, 7:12 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

If the NFL allowed Ford to continue to own the team after years of futility and the 0-16 season, there's no way they'll take the team from him.

November 26th, 2013, 11:03 pm
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Flynn throw for 600 yards and 8 Tds. Only misses on 2 throws which are drops. Eddie lacy runs for 220 on 16 carries and 3 TDs.

Lions get absolutely destroyed (and lose all of the remaining games this season) and the nfl takes away the turkey day game from Detroit, causing ford to sell the team. Lions go 11-5 next season and win the first playoff game.

I agree with flynn having a monster game, he will again get a monster contract because he will break his own packer records. however i dont think eddy lacy will have a big day, because every play will be a pass from the packers. Im also getting the sinking feeling there will be more controversy. Clay will rip off Staffords helmet, and roundhouse kick him the face and proceed to beat the poop out of him. Then larry warford will push him off and lay on him, which will result in a personal foul that gets him ejected and at a minimum fined 100k, maybe suspended. The national media then declares Warford the NFLs new bad boy, making suh look like a ballet dancer.

Im so torn on this team. The optimist in me thinks that its possible this team gets hot down the stretch and could win a playoff game or two. The pessimist in me is just absolutely disgusted and wanted the whole coaching staff gone on the spot, Chris Houston cut on the spot for convincing us he was worth a contract and rewarded us by getting burned more times than the wildfires in Oregon, as a result of all the hope being lost and thinking we will lose out.

With all that being said, I think that this team will have to finish red hot for schwartz to not have his head impaled by the fans, Im not sure this team will get up for all their games, if any at all.

November 27th, 2013, 11:31 am
Veteran General Manager

Man. You are all a bunch of Debbie Downers. Yes, they have lost 2 in row. They have now faced some adversity this year and we will now get to see exactly what this team is made of. They also have revenge on their minds from a couple of years ago.

Quote:
DeAndre Levy: Lions got Packers QB Matt Flynn 'paid'

In his last start for the Green Bay Packers, quarterback Matt Flynn set franchise single-game records for yards (480) and touchdowns (6) against the Detroit Lions in the 2011 season finale.

Largely on the strength of that one sterling performance, Flynn went on to collect $14.5 million from the Seattle Seahawks and Oakland Raiders while starting just one game.

With a Thanksgiving rematch looming, Lions defenders have their minds set on evening the score.

"We got him paid," linebacker DeAndre Levy said, via WAUK-AM in Milwaukee, "and I don't know what his career's done since then."

It looks like Levy will get another shot at Flynn.

After playing coy on Monday, coach Mike McCarthy confirmed that Flynn handled the first-team reps in Tuesday's practice. McCarthy stopped short of announcing Flynn as the starter, but all signs point in that direction.

Until Flynn rallied the Packers to a tie in relief of Scott Tolzien last week, his career was in the tank. Thursday will be his audition for another paycheck -- as well as the Packers' backup job in 2014.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" previewed all three of the big Thanksgiving games on the schedule.

November 27th, 2013, 1:10 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

It always cracks me up, Sims. The Lions fan base, even when they were good in the 90s, would relish in the Lions losing.
I don't know if the majority of Lions fans just like new head coaches or shiny new draft picks, but there has always been a sizable percentage of Detroiters who love to hate the Lions. I'm convinced that a majority of the fans love showing up to work the next day wearing a smile after a Lions loss.
Generally, they know very little of football from a strategic standpoint and even less as a business standpoint. For example, I actually heard someone genuinely call for Hill to start and wondered why Hill and Stafford can't split the snaps during games. :shock:
This is the fanbase of the Lions and I believe that even if they were to win the Superbowl, they would try to marginalize it in some way. Lions fans aren't happy when the Lions win. Lions fans are happy when they're right about their predictions about how much the Lions suck. I honestly believe Lions fans are just trolling other Lions fans. We definitely have the most ironic fan base of any sports team I've ever heard of.

"The Lions suck and they'll never win a superbowl because of inept coaching, players, etc... PROVE ME WRONG." That's the motto of Lions fans.

November 27th, 2013, 8:47 pm
League MVP

I wake up this morning feeling a win for the Lions. I dont think it ll be convincing and I dont think it will be pretty but Green Bay is bumbling right now even more than the Lions are. Matt Flynn gives them a boost and there receiver collection even minus Cobb can burn the Lions suspect secondary. Chris Houston missing the game isnt great but he hasnt played great football either. The real key to the game will be the Lions offense - without Calvin Johnson, Burleson and with Bush playing outdoors the Packers were able to get major pressure off the edge in the first contest. I dont see it playing out the same way w Waddle improving the protection on the right and having Johnson with Bush's element of speed available simultaneously to divert Packer resources from pressure to coverage.

Lions 24
Packers 23

November 28th, 2013, 12:32 pm
League MVP

Chris Greenwood active with Houston out

EDIT : this was wrong, greenwood is on the practice squad, wasnt active at all. still hasnt played an nfl game.

Last edited by The Legend on November 29th, 2013, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 28th, 2013, 1:24 pm
RIP Killer

Wow, way to throw 7 points right in the garbage Reggie. Take your fumble-itis and hit the bricks. You haven't done squat in weeks other than give the ball away.

November 28th, 2013, 1:45 pm
RIP Killer

Wow, another turnover to the vaunted fudgie defense. And they want people to actually show up to support these clowns? Wow, I'm about tired of supporting terribleness year in and year out. I'll be lucky if I watch another one of these disasters again this year.

November 28th, 2013, 2:19 pm
League MVP

all that 4 minute drive fun for akers to come out and lay an egg. pretty unreliable for a kicker letting mccarthy off the hook for being too aggressive in that late drive. 1st half utter dominance by the Lions but only up 17-10, Bush, Akers and Martin essentially giving away free points and Packers getting a strip sack but really accomplishing nothing else. Score should be at least 23-7 right now but this is what the Lions do.

November 28th, 2013, 3:08 pm
League MVP

how about Ziggy Ansah taking care of business?

17-3 in first downs at the half

November 28th, 2013, 3:25 pm
Team MVP

Touchdown Calvin Johnson! Was that too dirty for ya Packers??

Side note: Ansah has 7 sacks as a rookie so far. I like it.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 28th, 2013, 3:36 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

That should definitely knock Green Bay out of the playoffs. They Lions get to maintain their footrace with Chicago down the stretch. Let's hope that the Bears don't run the table and that the Lions win at least 3 of the remaining 4, because it would suck if they finish 10-6 and lose the division to a 11-5 Bears team.

November 28th, 2013, 5:33 pm
Position Coach

conversion02 wrote:
Wow, way to throw 7 points right in the garbage Reggie. Take your fumble-itis and hit the bricks. You haven't done squat in weeks other than give the ball away.

player of the game

November 28th, 2013, 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next