View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 12:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Crisis in the Secondary 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Crisis in the Secondary
What I would like to see is the Lions go after a big corner, someone about 6'2" and 210 lbs., that can start knocking the bigger receivers around at the LOS. It seems to me that big receivers would much rather face a guy who either can't outmuscle them, or won't even try. The most difficult time Calvin has is against the big corners who line up right in his face and then become aggressive with him. We need that element in our secondary. That's the kind of corner we need as our #1 guy.

December 1st, 2013, 7:53 pm
League MVP

only issue is not too many of that athlete exist but they could use one - particularly with alshon jeffery's emergence for the Bears

December 1st, 2013, 9:37 pm
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
only issue is not too many of that athlete exist but they could use one - particularly with alshon jeffery's emergence for the Bears

Understood, but they are out there and there are more and more coming out of college than ever before. Even if they are determined to not be a first or second round talent, the Lions have to continue trying to get a guy like that. I realize they tried with Greenwood, and he hasn't lived up to his potential. They need to dip back into that well again. As of right now, it has become the clear number one need for this team. A big, physical cover corner is the biggest missing piece of the puzzle right now.

December 1st, 2013, 11:07 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

m2karateman wrote:
What I would like to see is the Lions go after a big corner, someone about 6'2" and 210 lbs., that can start knocking the bigger receivers around at the LOS. It seems to me that big receivers would much rather face a guy who either can't out-muscle them, or won't even try. The most difficult time Calvin has is against the big corners who line up right in his face and then become aggressive with him. We need that element in our secondary. That's the kind of corner we need as our #1 guy.

100% Agree. A Big Strong Guy to Cover most teams Big Strong #1 WR, Slay/Houston fighting for CB2 and Bently/Slay/Houston as the Nickel would be pretty solid, and completely attainable heading into next year. Let Mathis go or be CB4 with Green and Greenwood your backups/ST/Cuts.

December 5th, 2013, 7:51 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

The last time the lions had a good press man corner was Keith smith and the coaching staff played strictly zone where he was awful. When they he showed man, he looked excellent, but the coaching staff refused to play to his strengths and basically drove him out of town. If they get the right players for a scheme, they use a different scheme. It's been that way for years...just mind blowing.

December 5th, 2013, 8:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4