View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 29th, 2014, 8:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Next up: Philadelphia Eagles 
QB Coach

Post Next up: Philadelphia Eagles
I checked on the NFL Playoff rankings and Philly seems to be grasping the new system and I'm a little concerned. I'm just curious as to whether or not anyone else is thinking this is going to be a tough game? Or do you think the team has gained some confidence and will come out with that killer instinct that is needed this time of year?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Last edited by TheRealWags on December 4th, 2013, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Made weekly 'Next up' thread

December 2nd, 2013, 8:34 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Anyone else concerned about Philly?
WarEr4Christ wrote:
I checked on the NFL Playoff rankings and Philly seems to be grasping the new system and I'm a little concerned. I'm just curious as to whether or not anyone else is thinking this is going to be a tough game? Or do you think the team has gained some confidence and will come out with that killer instinct that is needed this time of year?

I think it is absolutely going to be a tough game. Foles has been playing lights out and Philly is much, much better than they were at the beginning of the season. This is the type of game I hope the Lions win, but I honestly don't expect them to. I hope I'm wrong.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 2nd, 2013, 9:44 pm
Veteran General Manager

This is going to be a very tough game unless our D line can put the hurt on Phillies QB.

December 2nd, 2013, 9:46 pm
League MVP

I watched Phillly s game vs Arizona this weekend. They are decent but I wasnt overly impressed. I havent seen a team all season that has really outplayed the Lions. If the Lions limit there mistakes and keep up there intensity and focus for 4 quarters they should win easily then again we havent seen that all season so it will be some sort of mix of the Lions looking dominant at times and looking like one of the worst teams in football at others and at the end whoever has more points wins...

December 2nd, 2013, 9:54 pm
QB Coach

I think this will be a shootout type game unless or D plays like they did vs green bay. After watching tonight the team I'm really worried about is Seattle. Even if we make the playoffs and win the first game, and somehow win the second game, I don't think anyone is beating Seattle at home. I know stranger things happen, especially this season, but they dominated the Saints missing 2 of their top 3 corners.

December 3rd, 2013, 12:58 am
League MVP

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I think this will be a shootout type game unless or D plays like they did vs green bay. After watching tonight the team I'm really worried about is Seattle. Even if we make the playoffs and win the first game, and somehow win the second game, I don't think anyone is beating Seattle at home. I know stranger things happen, especially this season, but they dominated the Saints missing 2 of their top 3 corners.

I could see the Lions severely self destructing and embarassing themselves if they had to go to Seattle in the playoffs.

December 3rd, 2013, 1:30 am
3rd Round Selection

Eagles look like a decent team. We're away from home. It's on grass. Definitely the toughest game on our remaining schedule, by a decent margin IMO.

December 3rd, 2013, 5:01 am
RIP Killer

Yes I'm concerned, thankfully the Lions have a little room for error now and a fairly easy last 3 games.

December 3rd, 2013, 10:27 am
Profile WWW
National Champion

I'm worried. Philly looks tough, and we haven't been great on the road (remember the Pittsburg game, anyone?).

I'm hoping the Leo's pull out a surprising win, but I wouldn't put money on it.

December 3rd, 2013, 10:36 am
3rd Round Selection

I had a play on the ESPN playoff machine. I was surprised at the number of fairly realistic scenarios that had the Eagles coming out as No 2 seeds.

The NFL is tight this year. The idea of the NFC East having a No 2 seed divisional winner and providing a wildcard team would have been laughed at 4 weeks into the season, now it's not so far fetched. I think it only reinforces Pablo's points in the Schwartz has to go thread.

December 3rd, 2013, 11:00 am
Heisman Winner

After the Tampa game, there isn't a game NOT to be concerned about. It is after all the NFL. Any given Sunday.

Having said that, the Lions match up well with Philly IMO.

December 3rd, 2013, 12:11 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Win or lose, neither would surprise me.

December 3rd, 2013, 12:22 pm
NFL Veteran

Philly is a great passing team with a super quick RB that can get around the edge and they play on grass. It seems like a bad match up for the Lions in most ways.

December 3rd, 2013, 1:19 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Actually it's a hybrid grass turf, so the field won't be an issue. Speed won't be an issue on that field at all.

And we do match up pretty well with them. My only concern is Jackson, but I think we'll end up playing primarily nickel.

December 3rd, 2013, 5:05 pm
Butkus Award Winner

The Legend wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

I could see the Lions severely self destructing and embarassing themselves if they had to go to Seattle in the playoffs.

IMHO, Seattle is a bit overrated. The way it works @ the Seahawks is when it rains, it pours. When their defense makes stops and continually forces stops on 3rd down, the crowd stays very, very loud. When teams, like the Bucs did, move the ball down the field consistently the crowd isn't much of a factor, of course besides all 3rd downs. If we can go in there and be consistent passing AND RUNNING, keep the crowd quiet, avoid absurd penalties, etc., we have the tools to beat Seattle.

In regards to Philly, I really don't know what to expect. LeSean McCoy is a great RB, but I don't see him going over 70 yards rushing on us. Foles is playing lights out, but I hate streaks, and I hate that he hasn't thrown a pick all year. I think he throws one this game. Philly's defense is middle-of-the-pack at best. I'm expecting a hard fought game. Eagles: 24, Lions: 27. Big road win.

December 3rd, 2013, 6:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next