View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 1:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Next up: Philadelphia Eagles 
QB Coach

Post Re: Next up: Philadelphia Eagles
slybri19 wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Guess we'll need to draft another CB again.

As if that wasn't a question in the first place? Duh!

Disclaimer: Political correctness isn't my strong suit. :D

Haha true. I should have clarified another high round corner. Ever since I've been a fan we've needed a #1 corner. With Slay and Houston, I think the staff would be content to add depth later, but with Houston having a down year and now Slay being hurt, we might have to look first round. I think Slay will round into a good starter, but not a true #1. Dunno if I see that guy available where we'll be drafting though.

Back on topic, this looks like it'll be a shootout tomorrow

December 7th, 2013, 7:32 pm
League MVP

njroar wrote:
They're only a strong passing team when they've gotten the running game going. I don't see that happening this week. And their big receivers lately have been their TE's, not receivers. Desean's only had 2 games over 100 yards, and only gone above 5 completions 3 times. Cooper's only had 3 100+ yard games. We match up better with their TE's and while we might give up yards, I think we can prevent them scoring and as long as we can do that, we can outscore them.

Their defense is still ranked 31st. Our RB's are first in the NFL in combined yards, and our passing offense is only second to Denver. Nate only needs 6 completions and we'll have 6 players with over 30 completions for the first time in team history.

Philly's achilles heal is their OL. They haven't done well against teams with a strong pass rush, and guess what we're bringing?

I think we light em up.

Lions 38
Eagles 13

you have been drinking the kool aid my friend

i think cooper and jackson are exactly the type of player the lions have been struggling with and there defense is getting better. trent cole is the type of player that can give reiff problems. still the lions should be able to feast on players like cary williams if they can get him isolated, i also think we can pound the rock against a mediocre DL particularly with joique bell. its hard to predict stupid mistakes so i wont include them but i do think lesean mccoy will get his whether its running the ball or slipping coverage from Levy. David Akers will need to make some kicks against his old team.

Lions 30
Eagles 28

December 8th, 2013, 10:56 am
Player of the Year - Defense

You did hear the Boykin bought a bunch of the new Megatron cleats hoping that helps him cover CJ better? Only in Philly.

December 8th, 2013, 12:35 pm
League MVP

Inactives

Lions: QB Kellen Moore, RB Mikel Leshoure, CB Darius Slay, G Leroy Harris, G Rodney Austin, T Corey Hilliard, CB Chris Greenwood.

Eagles: QB Matt Barkley, S Earl Wolff, CB Curtis Marsh, RB Matthew Tucker, LB Najee Goode, OL Matthew Tobin, OL Dennis Kelly.

December 8th, 2013, 1:26 pm
League MVP

also has anyone seen the weather, this is looking like a big time snow game. both of these teams seem to play like dome teams but i would think this makes the lions more error prone than the eagles. hoping for no injuries first and a win second. two wins in the final four games should be enough for the division.

December 8th, 2013, 1:33 pm
League MVP

these conditions are amazing, did the lions win the toss? if so, who in there right mind would take the ball first?

December 8th, 2013, 2:06 pm
RIP Killer

This is going to be a crap fest

December 8th, 2013, 2:20 pm
RIP Killer

Gotta love bell being tackled by the helmet on his fumble. The refs aren't seeing a damn thing today. I'd get chippy as humanely possible since they apparently can't see a damn thing

December 8th, 2013, 2:23 pm
RIP Killer

Well, waddle is questionable with an elbow injury. Jason fox better stay healthy and finally prove something. Notice, they're not running to the right side, it's pretty much up the middle.

Staff just missed a wide open burleson.

December 8th, 2013, 2:31 pm
RIP Killer

Hey bell, just because bush is out doesn't mean you need to fumble for him.

Ugh. SOL. Always have been, always will be, SOL

December 8th, 2013, 2:39 pm
League MVP

i dont think riddick is the answer, gotta stay w bell. might regret not having a 2nd power runner available today. leshoure...

December 8th, 2013, 2:47 pm
RIP Killer

I haven't liked anything I've seen from riddick all season.

On another note, has raiola gained about 25 lbs?

December 8th, 2013, 3:06 pm
League MVP

yeah raiola gained weight its been well documented. fairley has been having an unbelievable game, almost seems like he s playing mlb

December 8th, 2013, 3:18 pm
RIP Killer

I thought it was muscle. He looked a lot better it seems. Today he looks like a fat load. Looks like 25 lbs to the gut

December 8th, 2013, 3:43 pm
QB Coach

Where the hell are the holding calls? Back to back plays, we're about to get to Foles and the line blatantly held our guy. Last play I think it was Fairley, whose jersey way getting pulled back with 2 hands right in front of the ref. WTF

December 8th, 2013, 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next