View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 4:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 Lions Have the Talent, Schwartz Needs to Go 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Lions Have the Talent, Schwartz Needs to Go
We actually did try to go deep a few times with the lead. Stafford had 0 accuracy with it though. Gruden might be a good replacement but I'm waiting for the season to end before passing any judgement. Coaching has put is in good postions this season. I just think the TOs have been so pathetic that people just want an explanation. The players putting it on the ground seem to have no idea what the problem is so its easy to put those on the coach. But Leshoure was a fumbler and has been replaced. Pettigrew was as well and has seemed to improve in that area. Scheffler sucked and was booted. I think he is holding players accountable(except for the QB). But I do expect many players to be replaced next year.

No one has ever called our coach a genius

December 8th, 2013, 6:54 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Blueskies wrote:
Ready to get on the fire Schwartz bandwagon?

It's difficult to take the Philly game real seriously because of the weather conditions. However, that sort of an uncontrollabe intangible is the reason why it's important to win games like Arizona, Pittsburgh, and especially Tampa Bay.

The only reason the Lions are still in playoff contention is because the NFC North has become the new NFC East with the injuries in Green Bay and Chicago and also because of a boneheaded inopportune holding penalty on a Dallas offensive lineman.

The turnovers situation is unacceptable. I know that the weather conditions were bad, but the Lions still lost the turnover battle 1-3. Losing the turnover battle doesn't just happen in bad weather.

I'm not fully committed, but I guess I'm about ready to get on the GROSS bandwagon (Get Rid of Schwartz Soon).

December 8th, 2013, 7:31 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Hey guys, look at the bright side: either we go to the playoffs or Schwartz gets fired. Either way we win!

December 8th, 2013, 7:35 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Hey guys, look at the bright side: either we go to the playoffs or Schwartz gets fired. Either way we win!

Not likely. While may of us may feel its Playoffs or the Unemployment line... I would not be suprised at all to see us end the season 8-8 or 9-7, miss the playoffs, and not even discuss moving on from the coach.

December 8th, 2013, 7:45 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Junior Varsity

DJ-B wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Not likely. While may of us may feel its Playoffs or the Unemployment line... I would not be suprised at all to see us end the season 8-8 or 9-7, miss the playoffs, and not even discuss moving on from the coach.

I agree…as much as I would like to see Schwartz get a one way ticket out of town I'm convinced he'll be around for another year or more. In fact, I bet we could lose every game the rest of the season and he'd still be back.

December 8th, 2013, 7:54 pm
RIP Killer

Yep. That's one well coached team we got there.

"We're gonna fix that..."

"We'll work on that..."

"Those issues are being resolved..."

Fumbles. Dropped passes. Missed receivers. Mistakes. Mistakes. Mistakes.

The weather was the same for both teams. So I don't want to hear the excuses,

The Lions worst enemy is themselves. WELL COACHED TEAMS DON'T HAVE THAT SAID ABOUT THEM.

December 8th, 2013, 11:26 pm

The biggest bummer is, the Texans will probably get Lovie because they fired Kubiak first.

December 9th, 2013, 12:03 am
RIP Killer

Can we get pat narduzzi as a DC? I love that guys game plans

December 9th, 2013, 12:26 am
Team MVP

WestCoastLionsFan wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

I agree…as much as I would like to see Schwartz get a one way ticket out of town I'm convinced he'll be around for another year or more. In fact, I bet we could lose every game the rest of the season and he'd still be back.

I agree. Been saying the same thing.

Bears fire their coach after a 10 win season. Chargers fire Schottenheimer after goings 14-2. NOT THE LIONS. Winning a few games is good enough.

The draft wont even be AS fun this year, because its not that one player thats gonna take us over the edge, its the coach thats holding us back. Something you CANT draft.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 9th, 2013, 6:01 am
Modmin Dude

WestCoastLionsFan wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Sad but likely very true ](*,)

That said, IF Mayhew or Bill Jr fire Schwartz I'd like to see someone like Tom Coughlin come in to instill some discipline. IMO the that's the biggest problem; no discipline. They're a soft team that continues to cause their own problems. Good teams do not beat themselves. They have the talent to win; they just need the right coach to get them there.

December 9th, 2013, 9:24 am

TheRealWags wrote:
WestCoastLionsFan wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

That said, IF Mayhew or Bill Jr fire Schwartz I'd like to see someone like Tom Coughlin come in to instill some discipline. IMO the that's the biggest problem; no discipline. They're a soft team that continues to cause their own problems. Good teams do not beat themselves. They have the talent to win; they just need the right coach to get them there.

I could be wrong, of course, but I believe it's Mayhew's decision whether or not to fire Schwartz. This past offseason confirmed that Mayhew & Co. saw most, if not all, of the same problems we did (interior offensive line play, defensive ends, etc.). Couple that with the fact that Mayhew could buy himself another three or so years if he hires another coach, and I'm pretty sure you'll see Schwartz gone if he doesn't make the playoffs.

December 9th, 2013, 10:39 am
Modmin Dude

thelomasbrowns wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
WestCoastLionsFan wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

I could be wrong, of course, but I believe it's Mayhew's decision whether or not to fire Schwartz. This past offseason confirmed that Mayhew & Co. saw most, if not all, of the same problems we did (interior offensive line play, defensive ends, etc.). Couple that with the fact that Mayhew could buy himself another three or so years if he hires another coach, and I'm pretty sure you'll see Schwartz gone if he doesn't make the playoffs.
Mayhew is likely safe for another couple years because:
He has brought in talent. Compare the roster now with the one he took over. HUGE difference.
The new scouting system hasn't been fully implemented as of yet. Perhaps this next draft will be the first using it, tho its still prolly a work in progress and might not be fully implemented until 2015 draft.

That being said, Mayhew would likely be the one to fire Schwartz not because its his job, but because I don't think Bill Jr would 'overstep' Mayhew because that would have worse effects on the team (Bill Jr is President, could fire anyone he wantedl)

December 9th, 2013, 10:50 am
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:
Been hearing that Shanahan might get the axe soon, wonder what he could do with this team.......

December 9th, 2013, 11:08 am
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Been hearing that Shanahan might get the axe soon, wonder what he could do with this team.......

Not interested. I think Shanahan is done as a coach. I have not been impressed with what he's done in Washington. They have some pretty solid talent there.

If the Lions keep Schwartz for 2014, they need to establish a check list with him of what his team NEEDS to accomplish in order for him to keep his job. In should include:

Reduction of team mental mistakes. Must be one of the 10 least penalized teams in the league, must have a turnover to takeaway ratio of +6 or better for the season.

No more than two games lost when leading in the fourth quarter.

Minimum 10 wins for the season.

Make the playoffs.

Win first playoff game, regardless of who is faced.

Drive accountability to the players for their mistakes.

Unless he accomplishes ALL of those things, he should be fired. It is time to quit settling for mediocrity from this team. Schwartz accepts it.

December 9th, 2013, 12:07 pm
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Lions lead NFC North, but Jim Schwartz’s seat is getting warm
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 9, 2013, 11:14 AM EST

For a coach whose team is in first place with three weeks left, Detroit’s Jim Schwartz can’t feel great about his job security right now.

The Lions’ loss on Sunday to the Eagles puts the pressure on: If they win their next three games, they win the NFC North. But if the Lions lose any of their next three, there’s a good chance they’ll lose the division to either the Bears or the Packers (who play each other in Week 17).

And that raises a question: How could Lions owner William Clay Ford justify keeping Schwartz if the Lions don’t win the division in a year like this? If the Lions can’t win the division in a year when the Packers and Bears were both devastated by injuries and the Vikings totally melted down, when could they ever win the division?

The good news for Schwartz’s job security is that Ford is a very patient man. This is, after all, the man who sat through year after year of “Fire Millen” chants raining down on him before finally firing Matt Millen. But with Schwartz currently sitting on a 29-49 record in his fifth year as the Lions’ coach, it’s difficult to see how Ford could stomach a late-season collapse.

Detroit is favored to win its next game, at home against Baltimore a week from tonight, and the Lions will be favored to win their final two, home against the Giants and at Minnesota, as well. So there’s a good chance that Schwartz will lead his team to a three-game winning streak to end the season, and that the Lions will host their first playoff game in 20 years.

But if that doesn’t happen, it may be time for Ford to show Schwartz the door.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ting-warm/
I know a lot of peeps here don't like PFT, but IMO MDS is spot on here.

December 9th, 2013, 12:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next