View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 4:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Team Attitude 
Modmin Dude

Post Team Attitude
I've been trying to figure out why this team is so inconsistent; not only from game to game, but quarter to quarter. Could it be the player's attitudes?
MLive wrote:
"We just played like crap in the second half," linebacker DeAndre Levy said. "I think (we were) mentally and physically soft."
MLive wrote:
"I think we got too comfortable relying on the weather (in the first half)," Delmas said. "But I don't take no credit from them. They're a great offense, and they proved under certain circumstances they can win the game.

"I think we got too comfortable and played soft."
2 players specifically use the word "soft", not something you'd think an NFL player/team would be described as, at least not a winning/championship player/team...

December 9th, 2013, 10:43 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Team Attitude
All that boils down to the tone set by the coaching staff and management. ANY loss should feel like a punch in the gut. They seem to be handling like 'Oh well, that's over. Let's look at the next team we play and see if we can screw up less and maybe win.'

Still leading the division means NOTHING if in game 17 you are going to get your rectum handed to you. The object is not just to get into the playoffs, it is to WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS. I'm not interested in the baby steps method of getting into the Super Bowl. Whether you believe it or not, football is much like boxing or MMA. You beat your opponent consistently and soundly week after week, fight after fight, and your next opponent takes a different mind set going into their fight with you. Right now, EVERY team in the NFL feels like they can play the Lions and win. I don't think that can be said of those same teams if they were going to face teams like Denver, New Orleans, Seattle, Carolina, Kansas City, etc.

Schwartz must go.

December 9th, 2013, 12:04 pm
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Team Attitude
Now THIS is funny!

Yahoo wrote:
Homeless man tells Lions receiver Nate Burleson ‘Man, you guys are sorry’ at charity event
By Anwar S. Richardson
Shutdown Corner

Detroit Lions receiver Nate Burleson knows what it is like to be the butt of jokes.

Burleson is the guy who attempted to save a falling pizza while driving in September. As a result of that irrational move, Burleson crashed his car and broke an arm. He even received a year supply of free pizza from DiGiorno to avoid another accident.

Nevertheless, this might be a new low for Burleson and his team.

Detroit’s inconsistent season continued yesterday with a 34-20 loss against the Philadelphia Eagles. Instead of pulling away in the NFC North race, Detroit (7-6) was defeated in another key game and is fighting to make the playoffs. The Lions seemingly cannot win big games, which left the majority of their fan base disappointed after Sunday's lackluster performance.

One person informed Burleson of Detroit’s woes on Monday, and the receiver shared his experience on Detroit Sports 105.1.

December 9th, 2013, 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]