View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 3:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Anyone have any interest in the Lions anymore? 
Butkus Award Winner

Post Anyone have any interest in the Lions anymore?
Back in 2010 when we were 2-10 i was very interested in the lions games coming up. 2011 i was interested in every game. Same last year until the half way mark. Since then its the same thing every time we lose. A few personal fouls, horrific defensive play leading to huge plays given up, countless dropped passes, odd overthrows by Stafford, fumbles, it just never ends. I honestly have beyond no interest in the Lions anymore. I had no issue loving and supporting a losing team, and I dont think my interest will come back until Schwartz is gone. Its time. Anyone else feel this way?

December 9th, 2013, 2:03 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Anyone have any interest in the Lions anymore?
Shotty wrote:
Back in 2010 when we were 2-10 i was very interested in the lions games coming up. 2011 i was interested in every game. Same last year until the half way mark. Since then its the same thing every time we lose. A few personal fouls, horrific defensive play leading to huge plays given up, countless dropped passes, odd overthrows by Stafford, fumbles, it just never ends. I honestly have beyond no interest in the Lions anymore. I had no issue loving and supporting a losing team, and I dont think my interest will come back until Schwartz is gone. Its time. Anyone else feel this way?

For me, I'm just so frustrated I can't care anymore. But, it's been this way most of my 36 years of life, and every year I still support the team in the beginning. I'll still root for them every week, but I don't have any expectations of success for the rest of this season. I'm sure I'll feel differently next season, but for the rest of this year...I don't know...I'm just discouraged by the team...

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 9th, 2013, 2:10 pm
RIP Killer

First place in December, you bet I'm interested. Typically all I'm interested in December for the Lions is our draft position.

I have zero idea what our current draft position is, that is very unusual.

Frustrated - totally, interested - absolutely.

That said, I have a few huge advantages. One, given the Spartans season everything is coming up roses regardless. Two, I coach my boys soccer teams and that has been a blast as they are doing very well (I'm also starting to get World Cup fever, Go USA, Go England). I've learned not to put all my "sports" eggs in my Lions basket, they only ever tend to get cracked anyways.

December 9th, 2013, 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I am VERY interested! onl;y 3 weeks left and we're on top of the divion? FRICKEN SWEET!

Just because we are in discussion on how to improve the team doesn't mean we are losing interest...Quite the opposite in fact.

I refuse to be uspet about a winning team, but remain very aprehensive to whether or not we continue to be a winning team as the season finishes.

Personally I think anyone who thought we had even a glimmer of a chance at winning yesterday after seeing what the weather was like probably dipped into the holiday eggnog a lil too early. Yes, Philly played in the same weather that we did yesterday...but they have also practiced in it before, have the Lions??? noooot really.

Expectations are higher than the level of play we're seeing now. guys are getting frustrated by it for sure...but I wouldn't equate frustation with disinterest.

December 9th, 2013, 5:35 pm
Varsity Captain

Still interested, yes. I turned the game off yesterday with 9 minutes left in the 4th. When Philly took a 28-20 lead, I knew it was over.
The part I find the most frustrating and disappointing is that I have no faith in them anymore. I'm angry seeing teams like KC turn it around and look so impressive, so quickly. I'm convinced we will blow the game and if we win it feels more like a fluke or the other team blowing it instead of us winning. I don't know if anyone will understand that...apathy..for lack of a better word. I guess I've just been Lionized.

December 9th, 2013, 5:39 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

yes. i have the special ability to watch the Lions win or lose and not take the team's mistakes as a personal attack on me. the ravens lost 4 of 5 to end last season and they prolly had threads like this. But yes, i have sunday ticket and i can watch all the games, i love football, and we still have a shot make the playoffs. Of all my years as aLion fan, this is not a season i'd lose interest in. I am not a skittish fan

December 9th, 2013, 6:06 pm
RIP Killer

I am interested to see exactly what this team and this coaching staff are made of. I have been told by some on this board that Schwartz is not the issue, and that there have been teams in the past that have performed inconsistently during the season, only to barely squeeze into the playoffs and end up winning it all. I don't believe this team is made of that kind of character. Those were teams lead by coaches who held their players accountable, who stressed mistake free football, and who didn't make promises for correcting those mistakes and not deliver. Those coaches, like John Harbaugh and Tom Coughlin, are known as discipline oriented coaches. Schwartz does not fall into that category.

At this point, it is not even a certainty that the Lions will make the playoffs. Being in first place in December shouldn't be celebrated, it should be EXPECTED. You win exactly diddly-squat for being in first place in your division in December. It means nothing, particularly when that hold on first place is tenuous, at best.

December 9th, 2013, 6:28 pm
League MVP

honestly when schwartz was first hired i was very impressed after learning about his background and watching several interviews with him. he seemed level headed and all of his former contacts in coaching described him as being very intelligent. we thought he was going to play things by the numbers, statistics, etc - it seemed like he would be the type of coach to teach game situations. a coach that could develop a clean product, even if the lions werent the most talented i expected they would cut down on crucial mistakes. instead i see a coach that struggles to control his emotions, which gets passed on to his players. not only do the players make crucial mistakes at times - so does the coach. the players arent prepared for game situations. they fall for hard counts in big situations, they make tons of personal fouls on 3rd downs. as a coaching staff they get ahead on a team and they decide not to go for the jugular - to protect the lead rather than build on it. is it any surprise the players play more passively when the playcalls become passive? the way this team plays is so clearly a reflection on the personality of the team, the personality of the coach that its sickening anybody can disagree. schwartz has done some good things here but with the talent they have especially this season with tons of unexpected contributors schwartz hasnt done enough. the other 3 teams in the division have pretty much folded without saying as much and the Lions cant take the damn thing. i saw numerous writers on freep, detnews, mlive, espn, etc look at lions second half schedule and pretty much beg people to find how the lions could lose 2 games there to those teams. they forgot that the Lions dont lose to opponents, they beat themselves.

December 9th, 2013, 9:40 pm
Team MVP

I have just as much interest as day 1.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 9th, 2013, 9:45 pm
Stadium Announcer

The Lions, to me, are like an ex girlfriend that I just can't let go of... I LOVE HER, but she just keeps hurting me over and over. When will I learn? Never.

December 10th, 2013, 2:41 am

Nificant wrote:
The Lions, to me, are like an ex girlfriend that I just can't let go of... I LOVE HER, but she just keeps hurting me over and over. When will I learn? Never.

Being a lions fan is like taking home the hottest girl at the bar....only to find out that she's a dude. :\

December 10th, 2013, 9:20 am
Junior Varsity

We need to draft better, but every year, there are head scratchers. Taking chances on Pettigrew, Leshoure and Best hurt us. Sam Martin?We didn't address the O-line, LB and Secondary the way we should have.

December 10th, 2013, 12:23 pm

NJLION wrote:
We need to draft better, but every year, there are head scratchers. Taking chances on Pettigrew, Leshoure and Best hurt us. Sam Martin?We didn't address the O-line, LB and Secondary the way we should have.

No one hits on all their picks, and the lions have been dreadful for sure from about pick 4 and beyond, BUT the draft is not why we are stuggling. You can say we didnt draft the o-line, but a 1st rd pick last year a 2nd round pick this year and an unexpected suprise in Waddle (undrafted) means we have upgraded 3 O-Line spots in 2 years. Kinda hard to say they didnt address the line. we also used 4 draft picks in 2 years to address the secondary and had a real nice addition in Quinn.

Gathering personel is not an issue for this years' lions....not in the least.

December 10th, 2013, 12:42 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The Lions have more than enough talented players.

They just don't execute on a consistent basis.

December 10th, 2013, 12:46 pm
3rd Round Selection

Of course I'm still interested.

I watched our game vs Green Bay when we were 0-15. So, yes, I'm still interested when we're at 7-6, leading the division and might be on for playoff football for only the second time since I've been a fan.

Is this team frustrating, maddening, irritating etc? Of course they are. But this is what comes with having expectations. I didn't really have many at the start of the season. They started to build during it, and have been let down badly the past few weeks, but I'll take that over expecting nothing and just being pleased if we eek out a win, any day.

I was interested when we were 0-16. I would be interested if we were 15-0 and going for a perfect regular season. I'm interested even if we are annoyingly inconsistent.

December 10th, 2013, 1:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next