View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 7:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Petition to ban Sly from the boards 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
It has nothing to do with his ideology or his beliefs. Here's a sample of things he's said in his last few posts:

If that differs from your ideology, I have a left nut that needs to be appeased. Get to licking. (in fairness he apologized for this one)

I say F#ck You! If you don't like my comment, get a f%cking job and pay taxes like me.

If the Pope doesn't like my comment, he can choke on a dick too.

It's idiots like you that make this country screwed up.

Holy Useful Idiot Batman!

how many of you idiots actually know what a Constitutional Convention consists of?

That's just a small sample of the insults he's hurling around. It's in almost every one of his posts. That said, I don't care if he gets banned. I already ignore him on here, so I don't see his posts anymore unless I click on them. I must be a misogynist because I do usually click, just to see what the latest crazy rantings are. I should know better...

Is that the best you could come up with? I'm usually worse in real life. :D

To be honest, it's rare that I utter a complete sentence without using the F word. My mom absolutely hates it, but I don't care. So, if I don't care what my mom thinks, why should I care about any of your opinions? :D

The only thing I do care about at this point can be summed up in one word - WAR!

December 17th, 2013, 7:11 am

I had to log back in to state another relevant point. Many current and former members of this board have met me in person. I've sponsored or attended tailgates at Ford Field, Jacksonville, and Tampa Bay. Therefore, people know what I look like. I have nothing to hide, unlike those that hide behind a keyboard. Atleast I'm honest about it. I have zero reasons to lie about anything.

December 17th, 2013, 12:19 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

slybri19 wrote:
I had to log back in to state another relevant point. Many current and former members of this board have met me in person. I've sponsored or attended tailgates at Ford Field, Jacksonville, and Tampa Bay. Therefore, people know what I look like. I have nothing to hide, unlike those that hide behind a keyboard. Atleast I'm honest about it. I have zero reasons to lie about anything.

I dont think anyone would ever call you a liar. No one that sees any number of your posts. To be honest I dont even think it's WHAT you say that makes people uncomfortable...but the way you present it. I'm not sure you realize the double standard you are letting your hostility set you up for.
First example. you CLAIM you hate communism and will do all you can to destroy it...but then push people on the board around by saying:

"so I have no problem with putting 9mm holes in those that irritate me"
"If you don't like it, move to Cuba or something"
"If you don't like it, I'll put my 9 MM or 5.56 MM NATO against whatever you have any day. Wanna make my day? Try me."

So basically if peopl dont agree with you they should die a violent death? how is that NOT Empirical/Tyranical/ Communistic thinking? how have you NOT become your own enemy?

Also when you said:
"The truth is that the left uses Saul Alinski rules to mock and ridicule people like me. So, I use these same rules to mock and ridicule them back times 10."

You have to also know that when your "enemies" are using this tactic they are doing so to specifically sway public opinion. can you honestly say you are doing so on this board? using the Alanski rules, you don't condemn your audience when they have a varied opinion of whatever agenda you are pushing...you SWAY them to your side. calling people idiots and belittling people for questioning you, or thinking differently DOES NOT SWAY MINDS!!!!!!

which brings me to my final thought. You make enemies out of allies.

I generally Agree with most of you general politcal beliefs...but when I disagree with your EXTREMIST (and also very communist) Ideas you make me an enemy...and thats just silly IMO.

I LIKE YOUR CAUSE.....stop being a poster boy for an overly aggresive tyrant! Start ACTING like the cause you support. I was raised that you dont defeat an opponent by lowering yourself to their level. you win on your terms or you dont win. you have ultimatly out scummed the scumbags on many occasions here on this board...WOOHOO....but how many hearts have you swayed here in the past 2-3 years?

I certainly hope this is a venting point for you and you REALLY dont conduct yourself in the same manner in person...or else all that money you are raising is for a lost cause. you will fail if you cant open the minds of people. Keep spewing sensless violent talk, and insulting your listener and you will close minds permanently.....and fail.

Be the you of 4 years ago. THAT GUY opened minds. THAT GUY educated. THAT GUY enlightened.

the you of today does nothing but turn people off (talking about this board only...I have no idea of the effects you have on people elsewhere). You're smarter, better, and classier than what you have let yourself become here.

December 17th, 2013, 1:02 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I think Sly also has a problem with reading comprehension.

I, too, have read Rules for Radicals (twice actually, it's a great thought-provoking book). Alinsky doesn't advocate for the type of stuff Sly is doing -- not at all. I'm guessing his knowledge of R4R is based off second-hand references from Bill O'Reily's Fox News show. Maybe he never imagined he'd run into anyone who's actually read the thing and could call him out on his bullshit.

Alinsky goes to great detail to talk about effective communication techniques. It's a big chunk of his book. He repeatedly stresses the importance of presenting and framing your message in a way that's pleasant to your audience. One example I recall offhand is he talks about how liberals (this was the 1960s) should cut off their ponytails to make middle class people take them seriously.

I, mean, hell, the overarching theme of Rules for Radicals is community organizing -- coalition building, getting people on your team, etc.

Quote:
I could snap your neck in less than 2 seconds. Wanna try me? Didn't think so.

Any time old man.

December 17th, 2013, 1:14 pm

Regularjoe12, that was an outstanding post and I will endeavor to follow your instructions. You're both right and wrong with your assumptions though. Everything I do is based upon "We the people." I will not compromise that ever,

December 17th, 2013, 1:31 pm

As for Bill O'Reilly, I couldn't tell you the last time I watched his show. It could be a year or two. I don't care. :D

December 17th, 2013, 1:45 pm

Blueskies, in terms of Rules for Radicals, you're missing the point. Of course, he emphasizes building relationships and smooth talking to the idiots at large. However, he also emphasizes that you should lie to and deceive them. Perhaps, you missed that chapter.

December 17th, 2013, 1:56 pm
Varsity 1st Team

slybri19 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
What an interesting thread. For those who have known Sly for awhile do know how intelligent he is, some of his stuff on the salary cap was really amazing.

Cases like these are tough balancing acts. I agree with WE4C about censorship and we have always tried to avoid it. At the same time, hostility can reach a point when it turns everyone off and we certainly don't want to lose our small close knit community of Lions fans.

I personally have greatly enjoyed those whose opinions have been the most polar opposite of mine. That included pretty much everybody whenever I suggested the Lions use their first round pick on a QB (I mean, Vince Young and JaMarcus Russell were can't misses). M2K always pointed out my faults there. WE4C has to pray for me consistently based on my non-faith musings. And while many couldn't stand WJB, his posts were always a must read for me personally - I'm still hoping he eventually comes back.

As for Sly, I love his passion - unfortunately his communication style overrides his message as of late. His filter, especially after drinking, is almost non-existent. Personally, I choose not to ignore but rather laugh at his rants - they are rather amusing if not taken personally.

Much of it sounds like a cry for help, perhaps we can start a Lionbacker intervention thread for him - that should really set him off!!!

I completely understand where you're coming from, but I won't change. Since the Lion fiasco, I managed to secure a 5K donation. What have you done? I'm making a difference each and every day..How about you?

My appologies in advance.....Donation for what?
Also I agree with most of what you have to say about our said Government. I also believe most are ignorant to what is happening in our country and it is very scary.

Frok

December 17th, 2013, 10:23 pm
Varsity 1st Team

I really hate "tough" talk on the internet. Maybe you're tough and could do that and maybe you're not....who cares?

Frok

December 17th, 2013, 10:35 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

slybri19 wrote:
Regularjoe12, that was an outstanding post and I will endeavor to follow your instructions. You're both right and wrong with your assumptions though. Everything I do is based upon "We the people." I will not compromise that ever,

I appreciate you taking my opinion into consideration. I'd like to take a moment and reinforce that with some posative affirmation.

YOU are the primary reason I decided to look into the Tea party back when the grass roots started. you motivated me to do something I dont usually do and that was look into and actual party movement instead of just an individual person running for election. I LIKE what I found...not everything but what "party" does everything right? ;)

If I was a new member and saw your recent posts ONLY, i can almost guarentee you I wouldnt have. So I just wanted to give an example of how the way you USED to promote yourself actually inspired me, but the new way (as has been said add nausium ;) ) turns me off. Good luck to your mission either way though. I cant deny that I love and am jelous of your passion.

December 18th, 2013, 11:51 am

frok wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
Since the Lion fiasco, I managed to secure a 5K donation. What have you done? I'm making a difference each and every day..How about you?

My appologies in advance.....Donation for what?
Frok

Terri Lynn Land for US Senate. Not her actual campaign, but a PAC supporting her. You see, I've been working between 6-7 days per week and doing all of my political stuff, so I rarely have time to post in this forum any more. IMO, the fate of this country is more important than the fate of the Lions. Sorry.

December 21st, 2013, 1:49 pm

regularjoe12 wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

I appreciate you taking my opinion into consideration. I'd like to take a moment and reinforce that with some posative affirmation.

YOU are the primary reason I decided to look into the Tea party back when the grass roots started. you motivated me to do something I dont usually do and that was look into and actual party movement instead of just an individual person running for election. I LIKE what I found...not everything but what "party" does everything right? ;)

If I was a new member and saw your recent posts ONLY, i can almost guarentee you I wouldnt have. So I just wanted to give an example of how the way you USED to promote yourself actually inspired me, but the new way (as has been said add nausium ;) ) turns me off. Good luck to your mission either way though. I cant deny that I love and am jelous of your passion.

I think I'm beginning to get the hint. I could go on a long diatribe about my conversion from a pro conservative to an anti-liberal, but that might be a waste of time.

The truth is that I took other's advice and visited liberal websites to balance my views. What I saw there was appalling. They were anything but tolerant, appreciative, or accepting of any viewpoint other than their own. This caused me to adopt their own techniques against them.

If you hate the NEW sly, it's because I'm now doing what libtards have done for years. Don't hate the player! Hate the game!

December 21st, 2013, 2:11 pm
3rd Round Selection

I'm sure there are plenty of 'libtard' websites that are "anything but tolerant, appreciative, or accepting of any viewpoint other than their own". Equally I am sure there are plenty of 'contard' websites that are "anything but tolerant, appreciative, or accepting of any viewpoint other than their own".

Congratulations on becoming part of the problem, sly.

December 24th, 2013, 7:09 am

No problem, UK. That's what I do. :D

Remember King George that led to the Boston Tea Party? And subsequently to the American Revolution? Me too. :lol:

History WILL repeat itself. It's only a matter of WHEN.

December 24th, 2013, 1:44 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

If I lived in the UK, I would be freaking out. The steps they're taking to censor the Internet scare the hell out of me.

December 24th, 2013, 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next