View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 20th, 2014, 10:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 A&E vs. Duck Dynasty 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post A&E vs. Duck Dynasty
What? No post about this BS? What is wrong with you people?

Since Wednesday, I have been sending emails to the advertisers, donors, and supporters of GLAAD and A&E. If they want a war, they've got one. And I'm not alone. The gay agenda is about to get a taste of it's own medicine in spades. If they want to boycott those against the gay agenda, they ought to expect a boycott of those that support their agenda. Game On! Guess who will win? They bit off more than they can chew this time.

December 21st, 2013, 2:29 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: A&E vs. Duck Dynasty
A Christian that speaks against the gay lifestyle is public enemy #1. Meanwhile the Muslim world executes anyone they believe is gay and no-one says a word about Islam being homophobic.

December 21st, 2013, 5:40 pm

Billy. don't even get me started on the Muzzies. I love how the Democrats say they support women, gays, and Muslims at the same time, yet don't see the conflicting principles of those special interest groups. It probably says more about the stupidity of the low information voter than anything else, but that's a story for another day.

As for the subject at hand, my usual email goes something like this:

Do you support the 2% of men who suck cock or the 98% of men who do not? This really shouldn't be a difficult business decision on your part, but apparently, it is. Just as words have consequences, business decisions do as well. Your choice. Have a nice day.

Now, I usually elaborate a bit more in the email regarding their advertising (A&E) or sponsorship (GLAAD), but that's the gist of it. I further state how the Gaystapo has intimidated or threatened businesses in the past and how the tables have now turned. Two (or several million) can play this game.

BTW, I am not new at this game. My first foray into this was JC Penny's several years ago, and we all know how well they are doing. The same goes for Darden Restaurants (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Longhorn Steakhouse, etc.). Just look at their most recent earning statements to see how effective that campaign has been.

However, this one makes all others pale in comparison. The previous efforts would take a month to get a half million supporters. This one already has close to 2 million in just a few days. And as an added bonus, the Left hates it when their own tactics are used against them.

December 21st, 2013, 8:44 pm

December 21st, 2013, 10:20 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Sly, you're a sad, pathetic little man. You're actually doing a disservice to our cause. I can only hope you get into some terrible accident that robs of your ability to communicate with other humans in the very near future.

December 21st, 2013, 10:21 pm
Modmin Dude

Phil has the right to say what he wants.
A&E has the right to employ who they want.

Not sure why the need to get all worked up.

December 22nd, 2013, 9:26 pm
Hall of Fame Player

TheRealWags wrote:

Because I like the show. And the family has stated that they have no interest in continuing to do the show without Phil. So, unless A&E relents, Duck Dynasty is history.

December 22nd, 2013, 9:55 pm
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

Because I like the show. And the family has stated that they have no interest in continuing to do the show without Phil. So, unless A&E relents, Duck Dynasty is history.

Not necessarily. Depending on how the contract w A&E is written, it may be possible for another network to pick up the show.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 23rd, 2013, 6:16 am

Wags, the big deal is because it's false outrage. Anyone that reads the full interview will see that the words weren't bigoted or judgmental in any way at all. He didn't compare homosexuality to bestiality like the media and GLAAD has tried to suggest. He listed a lot of things that were sinful activities and said they were all equally wrong. That's why there's a big backlash against A&E.

When some of the top gay activists and voices start speaking up that it exposed the bigotry of homosexual organizations as opposed to Phil's, you know there's a problem. Disagreement isn't hate, and it's about time people started pushing back on that point. Using the hate designation because people don't agree with your viewpoint is a tactic that is worn out and needs to be fought back against.

December 23rd, 2013, 9:26 am

Please read Josh Barro's take on why defending him is political suicide for conservatives:

Quote:
My inbox is full of "love the sinner, hate the sin" defenses of Robertson's 2013 remarks. But Robertson doesn't love gay people. He thinks they're, well, "full of murder." His views on gays are hateful, inasmuch as they are full of hate.

As a side note, it's remarkable how often these things come as a package. Robertson's sincere doctrinal view about the sinfulness of homosexuality comes packaged with animus toward gays and retrograde views about blacks and non-Christians. It's almost as though social conservatism is primarily fueled by a desire to protect the privileges of what was once a straight, white Christian in-group, rather than by sincere religious convictions.

You might recall that conservatives are currently trying to figure out what to do about the fact that the Republican Party performs quite poorly with the growing share of voters who are not white, straight Christians. They think some of it has to do with economic issues. But then they're scratching their heads, trying to figure out how Mitt Romney lost the Asian American vote 3-to-1 even though, by Republican "maker-vs.-taker" metrics, Asian Americans are disproportionately likely to be "makers."

Non-whites and non-Christians and gays keep getting the sense that, even setting aside policy, conservatives and Republicans just don't care for them. The "Duck Dynasty" episode, with Ted Cruz and others rushing out to defend Robertson's honor, is just another example of why.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/when-you ... z2oJ2HmI73

December 23rd, 2013, 9:53 am

Blueskies wrote:
Sly, you're a sad, pathetic little man. You're actually doing a disservice to our cause. I can only hope you get into some terrible accident that robs of your ability to communicate with other humans in the very near future.

Wow. I'm sad? While I have disagreed with you several times, I've never wished that personal harm be done to you. You have now set the bar for lowlife scum on this website. Congrats.

As for "You're actually doing a disservice to our cause.", How? And where does the "our" come into play? You were never a member of the military, were you? Therefore, you are incapable of understanding me on that level. What other aspect of "our" are you referring to? I'm not an atheist conservative or a Christian libertarian. I'm a mixture of both.

Again, where does the "our" come into play? Please explain.

December 24th, 2013, 1:36 pm

I support the cause of smaller government in my personal, and to some extent professional, life.

I thought that was the cause you also supported, but I actually think you're either 1) a closet statist who attempts to undermine the opposition by being a plant or 2) an idiot who only supports the cause of making himself feel important by attacking team blue.

Also, as the mods on this forum have no problem with flaming, I will go out of my way to insult and belittle you in as many of posts as possible. No other posters though, just you.

December 24th, 2013, 2:03 pm

Blueskies has just shown his true colors. He's afraid that the Tea Party element (me) is gonna take away his gravy train.

Show me one instance where I supported the GOP Establishment.

Show me one instance where I supported the Chamber of Commerce.

Show me one instance where I supported the status quo.

Until you can, shut the F up and choke on a dick. Have a nice day.

The truth is that I'm not bought and paid for by political hacks like you. I'm for small business, personal responsibility, self-reliance, and everything you claim to be, but not.

Remember your unending support for RichRod? I do. And that ended your entire credibility with me.

You NOW have an opportunity to convince me that you're right when you have an 0 for nothing record, but fire away. This ought to be fun.. :D

December 24th, 2013, 3:43 pm

In case you didn't know, Cracker Barrel has caved and issued an apology. What's funny is that out of the 20+ emails I sent out, the two most conservative (Pro Bass Shops and Cracker Barrel) were the only ones who sent me a reply. What does that tell you?

Meanwhile, nothing from A&E, nothing from GLAAD, nothing from Microsoft, nothing from AT&T, nothing from Verizon, etc. Big surprise, huh?

What people fail to understand is that these types of intimidation tactics work. Hell, they've worked for the Left for years, so it's about time that conservatives entered the fray. Fight fire with fire. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

And by the way, that's why the religious right needs atheist scum like me. I'm willing to do the dirty work that you won't. I'll fight for freedom of religion using tactics that might be contrary to your religious principles. By now, I assume that most people realize that I simply don't give a f@ck. I will do what is necessary. The ends justify the means for me from here on out. WAR!

December 25th, 2013, 2:10 am
QB Coach

As a Christian, I don't need an "atheist scum" to fight for me, because I am choosing NOT to fight. My example, and the one that I've tried to share with people in the "Christianity Questions" thread is that of Jesus. Whom did he fight against?

1. The RELIGIOUS establishment
2. The cultural belief systems of the day.

How did he do both?

1. He loved those he met
2. He chose to get involved in the lives of people and meet their needs
3. He did ONLY what His Father instructed him to do.
4. He forfeited His life, so that you and I could have righteousness by receiving the gift He gave.

So as I choose to follow JESUS and not Churchianity, I'm learning to love, serve, and submit, and the tolerance is in taking the hits and loving anyway. Is it hard, you betcha! Is it counter culture? Absolutely, especially counter Church culture. Is there flaik? Yep, but moreso from my brothers and sisters in Christ, than from those who are lost at the moment.

So keep fighting for the Religious Rights, but as a Blood Bought Born Again Christian, I have NO RIGHTS to defend, I'm owned by the one who bought me with a blood debt, and I can only do what I'm told.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 26th, 2013, 9:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next