View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 29th, 2014, 2:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Norm Chow for Offensive COordinator 
NFL Veteran

Post Norm Chow for Offensive COordinator
Norm Chow for OC

I've been thinking of this all second half of the season. And lo and behold Drew Sharp goes and writes an article about him.

Get this man on our sidelines now!

January 11th, 2005, 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

First, Honolulu_Blue it's great to hear from you - it has been awhile. Happy New Year! How are things "OFF" the mainland? 8) :shock: 8)

Second, you should have wrote and article about Chow and the Lions for LB - could have been the first one to break it! :roll: :wink: :roll:

Third, would be THRILLED to see Norm Chow as the OC in Motown... :twisted: :idea: :twisted:

Aloha,
Pablo - still "ON" the mainland! :evil: :cry: :evil:

January 11th, 2005, 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Peewee Leaguer

I read the same article and I agree with that bring him here!!!!

January 12th, 2005, 7:43 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Chow as OC would be the move of the year for the Lions :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

January 12th, 2005, 11:02 am
Modmin Dude

Get Chow and then swing a deal with the Chargers to get Rivers...boom, done, playoffs :idea: :arrow:

January 12th, 2005, 1:10 pm
All State

Get Chow and then swing a deal with the Chargers to get Rivers...boom, done, playoffs :idea: :arrow:

wags, you make it all seem to easy - i'm going to push for you to become the gm when millen leaves. :lol:

January 12th, 2005, 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

I know it won't be easy, but it would be great. Rivers and Chow already know each other so there would be little or no learning curve. It would be just about the best thing this organization ever did.......which is why it won't ever happen.

January 12th, 2005, 1:47 pm
QB Coach

I don't see the Lions bringing in a big name offensive coordinator. Mariucci is going to run his offense, how he wants to, and he isn't going to go out and get someone like Chow who has a brain, and utilizes the talent around him.

Mariucci needs to get rid of his egotistic attitude which the West Coast offense is the only way to go, and needs to develop an offense that uses the strengths of the team. Williams and Rogers have great downfield speed. Harrington has been successful throwing the deep ball.

The entire offense wants to go downfield, yet Mariucci insists that the WCO is the right way to go. Joey has struggled playing in it, and the team hasn't had a winning season in the 2 years running it here. It just doesn't make sense that we aren't trying new things. Steve isn't making 5 million a year to produce this kind of offense.

January 12th, 2005, 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Mooch has said that the new ocoord. doesn't have to be WCO. Maybe he is just saying that. I would like chow, but Greg olson wouldn't be too bad. Incidently, I don't know if you all are joking about rivers, but he would be a huge risk. How do we know if he isn't another Ryan Leaf? Just my opinion. :lol: :lol: :lol:

January 12th, 2005, 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I don't see the Lions bringing in a big name offensive coordinator. Mariucci is going to run his offense, how he wants to, and he isn't going to go out and get someone like Chow who has a brain, and utilizes the talent around him.

The Lions will look within the NFL for an OC, although Chow sounds good doesn't it? Maybe I'm just hungry. :lol:

There are plenty of offensive coaches in the NFL that the Lions will consider. Don't expect to hear anything right away. Every year, the coaches from the playoff teams are the suddenly "hot" commodities.

The Lions will stay within the NFL to grab their next OC. It won't be from within the organization (I'm 90% sure) and will be from one of the teams in the playoffs (80% sure). Meaning, we won't hear anything until the playoffs progresses.

Now, as for who they will take? I've got my guess right now but will keep that to myself for a while so I can be 90% sure. :twisted:

January 13th, 2005, 2:09 am
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

How can anyone not see that Chow ought to succeed. I know I'll cover my tracks and say probably... Chow should, maybe succeed. But I'm pretty sure. I can see the comparisons to those successful at the college level that don't cut it at the pro level... ie Steve Spurrier.

But what's key is, Chow doesn't use a gimmicky offense, like Spurrier does. Chow does what I see only one other person in the league does. Bill Belichik. They fit an offense around the strengths of the personel... not plug players into some self-righteous offense.

Take a look at how USC's done it. THey start out with Heisman winner Carson Palmer and go nuts. Oops he declares early entry. Oh no. What do we do now USC without our darling QB?

Plug in Mat Leinart and they don't miss a beat. But maybe it was with the likes of Mike WIlliams freakazoid receiver. Yeah that's gotta be it.

But next year they lose Mike Willams. Uh oh. Trouble? I think not. They go out and win another national championship.

Point is, it's not Carson Palmer, it's not Mike Williams, it's not Matt Leinart, it's not Reggie Bush.

It's the man using them like the little pawns they are. The cold calculating, calm and confident man upstairs from Punahou High School Hawaii, USC alumni. Mr. Norm Chow.

Could you imagine, what Mr. Chow could do with Charles Rogers, Roy Williams and Kevin Jones? Holy fricking Moly! I can't even imagine it! This is a man who utitlizes the strength of his players. Now consider if he had these weapons at his disposal. A super flash like speeder receiver with glue hands. A freakazoid monster of a receiving tank. And a running back with the perfect blend of power, speed, shiftiness and cockiness. That sure to crack an excited smirk from the seemingly emotionless man of an OC.

What about Harrington? Yeah what about him? Who cares? Chow has the midas touch when it comes to QB's. He transforms whatever QB he touches into a Heisman candidate, no joke. Harrington better be praying every night for this man.

But's like everyone else says. Mariucci is a proud man who speaks fondly of his beloved WCO like it's gospel. How do you get a proud man to humble himself? It's tough. But you know what else is tough? Our General Manager. This man with his highly touted football IQ, better recognize whatever shred of talent the man in Southern California possesses and get him to Allen Park ASAP. He's the one guy who has the veto power and he ought to have the leverage considering what little Mooch has to show for. I love mooch to death, but damn it we need an offense. Bring it to Motown and let's begin the dominance.

January 13th, 2005, 5:41 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

I agree that Chow should succeed in the NFL because of the basic fact that he doesn't try to make the players fit into the offense, instead he develops an offense to fit the players and their strengths. That may be the best part of his offense. I don't think bringing another "rookie", which in essense is what Rivers is, is the answer. I think Chow would be a pretty good O.C. in the NFL however, now if someone would give him a chance.

January 13th, 2005, 7:32 am
Modmin Dude

I believe the Chow and USC run a modified version of the WCO, so that wouldn't be an issue and getting Rivers, if possible, might not be that bad if we were able to get Chow considering that the two worked together before....they should have some chemistry and Rivers would have an understanding of Chow's offense.

January 13th, 2005, 10:21 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

I guess that my biggest question is this:

Who actually thinks Detroit is honestly going to dump Harrington, or pay top dollar for a back-up whether it be Rivers, Garcia or Hasselbeck?

I just don't believe either of those moves would benefit the franchise. Am I just looking at this with blinders on?

January 13th, 2005, 10:28 am
Modmin Dude

I don't think we will cut Harrington, but we may sign Garcia to compete/mentor. I don't think we have a shot at Hasselbeck mainly because I think that Seattle will resign him. As for Rivers...I'm not really sure that the Chargers will let him go even after the year that Brees had (remember Mitchell???) although if we were able to get Chow, Rivers wouldn't be a bad choice because of their familiarity with each other.

January 13th, 2005, 10:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next