View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 3:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Lions Win!!!!!! The 10th overall pick in the 2014 Draft. 
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: Lions Win!!!!!! The 10th overall pick in the 2014 Draft.
m2karateman wrote:
Again, Drew Brees is an exception to the rule. Manziel is not an NFL prototype QB. He doesn't have the accuracy of Brees, or the arm strength of Wilson. He does have good scrambling ability, but I just don't think he's a player that will be worthy of a first round selection, unless it happens later in the round.

As for the Christian Ponder selection, everyone knew that was a huge reach. Cincinnati played it right that year when they waited and took Dalton in the second round. Same thing with Tebow. Everyone knew that was a ridiculous pick by Denver when it happened. I think if some team selects Manziel in the top 20, we'll be stating the same thing...stupid pick, huge reach.

I think Oakland may still want to give Terrelle Pryor another shot as starting QB. But who knows? They are more screwed up than the Lions.

And teams that are desperately searching for a franchise QB tend to do the irrational sometimes. I never laughed harder in my life than when Minny took Ponder #10 overall.

December 30th, 2013, 10:35 pm
Veteran General Manager

njroar wrote:
We need a CB or WR depending on which one fits best on who's available. The offense becoming stagnant with CJ on sidelines requires a #2 that can be a #1 when he's the only option on the field. CJ isn't going to be putting these numbers up forever. And while WR is deep, i'm not sure you get the type of WR needed in the 2nd.

I actually think we need to draft a couple of WR's. 1 early, 1 later.

December 30th, 2013, 10:39 pm
Veteran General Manager

The Legend wrote:
wouldnt mind seeing a big time passrushing DE/OLB or another WR though I think there is decent talent at WR to be had in 2nd and 3rd rounds also. i dont think dennard will be a big time CB

I worry that we are over valuing him due to being a hometown guy. I like him. But, I admit, that I tend to over value Wolverine players. Since Dennard is a Sparty, I don't think I am over valuing him. I really like him. I think he is one of the top 4 CB's in this draft. #10 might be a bit early for him. Maybe if we can trade down for once.

December 30th, 2013, 10:44 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
njroar wrote:
We need a CB or WR depending on which one fits best on who's available. The offense becoming stagnant with CJ on sidelines requires a #2 that can be a #1 when he's the only option on the field. CJ isn't going to be putting these numbers up forever. And while WR is deep, i'm not sure you get the type of WR needed in the 2nd.

I actually think we need to draft a couple of WR's. 1 early, 1 later.

That will depend on what happens with Nate Burleson. If the Lions retain him and lower his cap number, I don't believe they will have a need to draft a second receiver. Remember, they still have Corey Fuller, whom they kept on the PS all season. He's got good size and pretty good straight line speed. I don't know why he never advanced to the regular roster. Also, there's Jeremy Ross as well, who did OK as a receiver. The Lions need to part ways with Ogletree and Spurlock, for sure. Durham will likely stick due to his height.

January 1st, 2014, 6:29 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Again, Drew Brees is an exception to the rule. Manziel is not an NFL prototype QB. He doesn't have the accuracy of Brees, or the arm strength of Wilson. He does have good scrambling ability, but I just don't think he's a player that will be worthy of a first round selection, unless it happens later in the round.

As for the Christian Ponder selection, everyone knew that was a huge reach. Cincinnati played it right that year when they waited and took Dalton in the second round. Same thing with Tebow. Everyone knew that was a ridiculous pick by Denver when it happened. I think if some team selects Manziel in the top 20, we'll be stating the same thing...stupid pick, huge reach.

I think Oakland may still want to give Terrelle Pryor another shot as starting QB. But who knows? They are more screwed up than the Lions.

And teams that are desperately searching for a franchise QB tend to do the irrational sometimes. I never laughed harder in my life than when Minny took Ponder #10 overall.

I agree. There are teams that get nervous, just like Minnesota did. I just think which ever team takes Maziel is going to regret it. I don't see him as a legitimate NFL quarterback prospect. He can throw the ball long, but he doesn't have the zip on it to get it there quickly or on a line.

January 1st, 2014, 6:32 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl2OfgKbEBs

Evans has my pick if he's there at #10. Really hoping those qbs go before 10.

January 1st, 2014, 6:37 pm
Veteran General Manager

m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I agree. There are teams that get nervous, just like Minnesota did. I just think which ever team takes Maziel is going to regret it. I don't see him as a legitimate NFL quarterback prospect. He can throw the ball long, but he doesn't have the zip on it to get it there quickly or on a line.

I am not even caring if they succeed or fail in the NFL. I just want as many to go before our pick as possible and have 1 more that a team behind us panics for and gives up a bunch of picks to get him.

January 1st, 2014, 6:51 pm
Heisman Winner

m2karateman wrote:
Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Lions lost to the Vikings. And the Giants and Titans both won. So, the Lions should have wrapped up the 10th overall pick in the draft.

I hop the 4th QB goes at #9 and we can get someone to move up to #10 for the 5th QB expected to go in the 1st round.

According to WalterFootball.com Here is where the QBs rank on the big board. ( But, QB's almost always get drafted higher than they should. )

#5. Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
#9. Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
#13. Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
#15. Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA
#29. Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
#30. Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson

Personally, I think Carr will suffer because of his brothers NFL track record and fall to the 2nd round.

I don't think Carr will suffer at all. He goes along with Bridgewater, Manziel and Bortles in the top 10, I don't see there being as much demand for either Hundley or Boyd at #10 either.

As for the #10 pick, the Lions will likely have their choice of the #1 CB or S in the draft, maybe the #1 WR, or an interesting LB or two. That is unless a certain DE slips ala Fairley a few years ago who at this time was slotted at the top of the draft.

Who is going to take Manziel? I see him slipping due to his lack of size. Now, I know people are going to point to Russell Wilson and say that he has proven shorter QBs can still win in the NFL. But he is the exception, not the rule. And Manziel has had some controversy as well. I think he slips into round two.

It only takes one team to fall in love. recall Tebow..

January 1st, 2014, 9:40 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Blueskies wrote:
Sammy Watkins or Darqueze Dennard.

hell yes. if watkins is gone at 10, id go dennard in rd 1. and jordan matthews in rd. 2. Matthews is 6'3 and can fly.

January 1st, 2014, 11:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2