View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 5:47 am



Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Petition to ban Sly from the boards 
Author Message
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
If I was a founding father of the USA today, I would be freaking out too. Just saying.

_________________
Image


December 24th, 2013, 3:19 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
I just want to expand upon regularjoe12's comment a bit more. My techniques and tactics are not for everyone. I understand that. That's why I'm highly adaptive to my audience in person, but I've pretty much foregone that on the internet now. Sorry.

Now it's time for a funny story. On Thanksgiving, I was talking to my sister (liberal school teacher) and brother-in-law (soft conservative) who came into town from Kalamazoo. I struck a conversation with them concerning, "Who is John Galt?" They didn't know, but I encouraged them to seek the answer. That's the type of "subtle" advocacy I do at times.

Well, they did, and I was rewarded with a "Who is John Galt" coffee mug as a Christmas present. It is now one of my most cherished possessions. :D

_________________
Image


December 25th, 2013, 2:37 am
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: September 28th, 2011, 5:57 pm
Posts: 304
Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
First of all you can take that petition and shove it up you arse!

When I joined this site about a lifetime ago, Sly was one of the most important members of the board. Sly, Pablo, Alpha Dog, Real Wags, Conversion, Shotty and even the evil WJB J/K Wil. I know that I have not included some of you longtimers but don't be offended. I'm old, drunk and working with minimul brain cells.

WJB and I used to fight like two old ladies at an underwire bra sale. After a while he was giving me help with a land contract.

Arguements were common place every day, so were acknowlegdements(that word looks f'ed up) for good posts. Slammin' each other was almost looked forward to as everybody couldn't wait to get home and see what was going on that day. Kinda like a soap opera.

Things started to change as more and more new posters joined us. Some were great additions to the board, others sought nothing more than the opportunity to piss people off or screw with their conversations.

Chances are that the ones that complained the loudest are the youngest and most imature amoung us. The folks that were around for awhile talked about sharing pictures and even having a tailgate for "all" of us, whether we had tickets for the game or not. Every week when you logged in the first thing you would see was Pablo's post game analysis (notice how that starts with anal..MSU). Need cap info, find Sly. We had religious experts, union members, guys hiding from there wives and the occasional enemy fan. They were all given poop and all treated with respect. Until they gave reason to lose that respect.

All you little fudge that want to destroy this site, go use your lunch money and buy a joint, smoke it and keep your comments comming.


January 17th, 2014, 11:20 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10302
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
Ugh, why do you people even bother? Sly was someone I loved talking to, however, this is no more the sly who gives a flying crap, it's a sly that hates the government and anyone in authority. The sly that knows better than anyone else and will pop you if you stand in his way or say something he doesn't like (sounds like a dictator, huh?). Really, you carry a glock and will pop someone? You carry a piece, just like hundreds of thousands of others, mouth off to the wrong one and see what happens. Apparently you like threatening people (and over the Internet, wow) so they won't disagree with you. Sounds like a middle school bully.

I mean seriously, when is the last time sly said anything about the lions? Over a year ago? Why come to a lions board simply to whore up a barely functional off topic board solely for political bitching? Ugh...

Just don't engage him and he will go away, like a bad virus. He used to come to these boards to talk lions, now he trolls for off topic political garbage. Sly, do us all a favor and go troll the Fox News boards, at least there you'll have people who give a crap about the nonsense you spout all day long.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


January 18th, 2014, 12:26 am
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1203
Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
Funniest response so far, when TD Jesus called himself a Misogynist for reading Sly's posts. (Unless TDJ is a female, I assume he meant Masochist?)

Absurd response #1) Calling Blue Skies a Conservative. If memory serves, Blue identifies as a Libertarian, basically an economic Conservative, but a social Liberal. (If I am wrong, I apologize Blue for my faulty memory.)

Absurd response # most recent: Con 2 ending his post complaining about Sly's insulting behavior, with a insult for Fox News.

Sly, as an Arch Conservative, I support you in your endeavors to fight the horror that is Liberalism. Liberalism is an evil that usurped our grade schools, colleges, news media, TV, and almost anything and everything that is Hollywood. Making things worse, Corporate America supports Liberal policies because they don't really care about freedom, liberty or independence. All Corporate America cares about is the easy way to make a buck.

We have a battle on our hands that will last decades trying to turn the tides that have damaged out country, (though that fight is truly eternal). Keep fighting the good fight... though why you have chosen Lionbacker as a battleground is a bit of a mystery. I assume you are on Disqus.com and if you are, pm me your name so I can look you up.

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


January 18th, 2014, 1:49 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10302
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
TM, there was no insult for anyone, even Fox News. I was being serious, please, go troll their boards. At least his consistent political hate would be normal over there. Sorry that response was so F'ing absurd for you.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


January 18th, 2014, 2:27 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1203
Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
conversion02 wrote:
TM, there was no insult for anyone, even Fox News. I was being serious, please, go troll their boards. At least his consistent political hate would be normal over there. Sorry that response was so F'ing absurd for you.

Con, are you trying to con somebody, maybe yourself. In your previous post you complained about Sly's insulting behavior, ending with an insult. Now you tell me that Fox News is full of hate, ending with 'Sorry that response was so F'ing absurd for you.' which is just dripping with hate. I haven't been around in awhile to talk politics. I'm guessing you are a died-in-the-wool Liberal, as virtually every Lib I speak with has one set of standards for Leftists and another set for Conservatives. Thanks for the chuckles.

As for Fox News, I couldn't tell you. I rarely go there. Nothing against them, I have a variety of reads on a daily basis, and Fox isn't in my present news feed.

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


January 18th, 2014, 2:51 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10302
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
TruckinMack wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
TM, there was no insult for anyone, even Fox News. I was being serious, please, go troll their boards. At least his consistent political hate would be normal over there. Sorry that response was so F'ing absurd for you.

Con, are you trying to con somebody, maybe yourself. In your previous post you complained about Sly's insulting behavior, ending with an insult. Now you tell me that Fox News is full of hate, ending with 'Sorry that response was so F'ing absurd for you.' which is just dripping with hate. I haven't been around in awhile to talk politics. I'm guessing you are a died-in-the-wool Liberal, as virtually every Lib I speak with has one set of standards for Leftists and another set for Conservatives. Thanks for the chuckles.

As for Fox News, I couldn't tell you. I rarely go there. Nothing against them, I have a variety of reads on a daily basis, and Fox isn't in my present news feed.


First of all, I never get involved in political discussions because they're stupid, IMO. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong, it's all opinions that I honestly could give a poop less about. That's why I avoided any discussion with wjb. If you didn't share his viewpoint, he would attack you, at least only verbally, apparently sly will shoot you!

I didn't end with an insult and I'm sorry you take it that way, as I already said. I said it wasn't an insult and yet you still tell me it's "dripping with hate". Yes, your comment was absurd. Then, you proceed to characterize and insult me as a liberal. Thanks buddy, you're no better than sly. Would you rather I said the CNN boards? Wtf is the difference? I said Fox News, just like any political board is full of political hate from every side. Yet, my comment is somehow dripping with hate because you can't understand and don't want to understand my comment that was in no way an insult...even when I told you it wasn't. Good job!

Since you seem to care, I have generally voted republican. However, I don't talk about why because all political talk is - arguing. There is no change, no end in sight. No point. However, all sly has done for well over a year is post on political topics (okay, no problem), but he unfortunately attacks everyone who doesn't share his viewpoint. Is that my fault?

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


January 18th, 2014, 3:23 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1203
Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
conversion02 wrote:
I didn't end with an insult and I'm sorry you take it that way...
But you then described it as a website that is comfortable with hate. If that is not an insult, I've forgotten what complements look like.

conversion02 wrote:
(You say) my comment is somehow dripping with hate because you can't understand...
Con, as your reading comprehension or memory seems impaired (are you drunk blogging again?) I specifically quoted the sentence dripping with hate. Let me do it again, 'Sorry that response was so F'ing absurd for you.' With out the 'F'ing', it is a sarcastic apology. With the 'F'ing' it is disdainful, meaning hateful. If you are going to use epithets to belittle, intimidate or otherwise attack someone, it is considered mean or hateful, even if done gently. Now personally, I don't much care, having a thick skin and all. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of saying one thing and doing another.

conversion02 wrote:
I have generally voted republican.
Sorry for calling you a Liberal. I realize that is quite insulting.

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


January 18th, 2014, 3:55 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: September 28th, 2011, 5:57 pm
Posts: 304
Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
Anybody know how to contact the Boondock Saints ? lol


January 18th, 2014, 4:33 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1203
Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
Boz wrote:
Anybody know how to contact the Boondock Saints ? lol


Not sure, but a good place to start might be St. Cecelia's Catholic Church in Boston.

http://www.stceciliaboston.org/

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


January 18th, 2014, 5:07 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2700
Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
Yes, if it wasn't clear, I'm an ardent libertarian.

I believe it's one of the only political philosophies that's logically sound. Namely, libertarianism is based on one principal (maximizing freedom) and everything flows from that.

In contrast, mainstream conservatism and liberalism are full of logical fallacies. For example, how can one be for a smaller government but favor a massive military? How can one preach keeping government out of one's pocketbook, but favor intervention in people's social lives (or vice-versa)?


January 18th, 2014, 6:56 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
conversion02 wrote:
Ugh, why do you people even bother? Sly was someone I loved talking to, however, this is no more the sly who gives a flying crap, it's a sly that hates the government and anyone in authority. The sly that knows better than anyone else and will pop you if you stand in his way or say something he doesn't like (sounds like a dictator, huh?). Really, you carry a glock and will pop someone? You carry a piece, just like hundreds of thousands of others, mouth off to the wrong one and see what happens. Apparently you like threatening people (and over the Internet, wow) so they won't disagree with you. Sounds like a middle school bully.

I mean seriously, when is the last time sly said anything about the lions? Over a year ago? Why come to a lions board simply to whore up a barely functional off topic board solely for political bitching? Ugh...

Just don't engage him and he will go away, like a bad virus. He used to come to these boards to talk lions, now he trolls for off topic political garbage. Sly, do us all a favor and go troll the Fox News boards, at least there you'll have people who give a crap about the nonsense you spout all day long.


The primary reason I no longer post about football is because of Obama. He opened my eyes at the time Obamacare was being rammed down the people's throats that our freedom was in jeopardy. While I had previously followed politics lightly, I considered football, other sports, movies, and TV more important in my daily life and spent my free time accordingly. Not any longer.

I seriously used to enjoy posting on football message boards for well over a decade. It was kinda like an escape from actual life. However, there comes a point in time that one realizes that some things are more important than others. While others continue to waste their lives being obsessed with football, American Idol, celebrity reality shows, etc., I have decided to do something about our nation's predicament. That's why you seldom see me posting about the Lions, the salary cap, or other entertainment related ventures. I have more important things to do.

With that said, I continue to post here when time allows because I feel a certain affinity to this place and a majority of the posters. Sue me if you don't like me maintaining contact with people I've learned to like and respect over the years. Hell, I even like and respect some of the posters that I've had serious arguments with in the past, but unfortunately, that doesn't include you, C02.

The one thing that C02 was correct about in his diatribe is that I hate the government. Any sane individual who would take the time to research what the government is doing instead of wasting their time on "entertainment" would feel likewise. Perhaps they don't want to know the truth and feel that if they cover their heads with their blankies, it will all go away. Sorry, but the real world doesn't work that way.

Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. There are may eerie similarities between the Obama Administration (or more appropriately, Regime) and Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Castro, Pol Pot, Chavez, and others. All of those previous dictators throughout history disarmed their citizens first before implementing their plans for complete government control over it's citizens. I wonder why that is? Our founding fathers knew all too well that a well armed citizenry was the most effective means of preventing tyranny from being established here.

How about the NSA (National Security Agency) scandal? It sounds like something right out of Hitler's Gestapo and brownshirts. In case you didn't know, the NSA is collecting millions, if not billions, of your phone and email records without a warrant. This is clearly a violation of the 4th amendment, but the current Regime doesn't care about you or your rights. I've known for a couple of years that the government was spying on me, but their overreach is much more extensive than even I thought. It's right out of the Stalin, Hitler, and Mao playbook. It's one of the reasons why I do much of my stuff off-grid now.

Then there's the IRS scandal where Obama is using them to target his political enemies. He's delaying tax-exempt status to conservative groups, while fast-tracking it to liberal groups, such as those headed by his uncle. Meanwhile, several Romney donors received audits from the IRS for the first time in their lives in 2012 to discourage their support of Obama's opponent. Still worse, Sarah Palin's father has been harassed by the IRS six times since 2008 with no evidence of wrong-doing. This after working for 50 years without a single IRS complaint. Coincidence? I think not.

I could go on and on about Obama delivering guns to Mexican drug cartels; supporting Islamic terrorists in Libya, Egypt, and Syria; picking and choosing which laws to enforce or disregard; re-writing laws through bureaucratic decree; or his constant, pathological lying about anything and everything.

What I want people to understand is that liberalism destroyed Detroit over 40 years of uncontested rule. Liberal Democrats continue to advocate for the same policies that destroyed Detroit, so they must want the entire country to suffer the same fate. Why? Because they want a majority of Americans to be dependent upon the government for their well being, and thus, dependent upon them (Democrats) to continue dishing out free stuff in exchange for votes to keep them in power.

Think I'm crazy? The very nature of politics requires that politicians expand their base. It has been said repeatedly, although erroneously, that Democrats are for the poor, while Republicans are for the rich. If my previous truism is correct, then the Democrats need MORE poor people in order to thrive, while Republicans need MORE rich people. Is it any wonder that most Democratic policies involve keeping the poor in their current state by making them dependent upon the government for their survival instead of attempting to make a better life for themselves?

With all that said, Pablo is essentially correct that it's a choice between Coke and Pepsi. The Republican establishment is almost as bad as the Democrats. They only want a little less socialism or a slightly slower speed toward the fiscal cliff. In the end, our once great country is destroyed. Do you want that? We don't need to REFORM the USA. We need to RESTORE it to what made us the greatest nation in the history of the world. More government control has proven to be a failure throughout history, yet Democrats and establishment Republicans want to embrace that failed concept. Why? To maintain power. Wake up people before it's too late.

The Tea Party and constitutional principles is the only way to RESTORE our country to greatness.

_________________
Image


January 20th, 2014, 8:00 am
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1203
Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
Sly, you have a much bigger problem than Obama. Obama is a two bit politician, at best. The Left has usurped control of our grade schools and colleges, our news media and of Hollywood (TV programming, movies and magazines). These serve as the vanguard in the war Liberalism is waging. Obama and the Clintons are holy Liberal icons, and they will be supported for as long as possible, while their detractors will be unrelentlessly attacked. Don't waste too much energy focusing on Obama or Hillary because even if you win and they are defeated, the Liberal hydra will grow new heads in a heartbeat. When Andrew Breitbart said we need to take back the culture, I believe this is what he was talking about.

PS: Thanks for working so hard.

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


January 20th, 2014, 8:32 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10302
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
Well sly, it's a damn shame that you let Obama and his policies control your life. I for one would rather try and be happy with what I have and what is actually within my control than to rant consistently about things I really have no control over. So, sorry you don't respect me for that. I'm sure I'll get over it. Maybe you'd respect me if I told everyone their opinions were wrong and if they don't believe my opinions I'll pop them with my glock! Sound familiar?

Have you made any change since you let Obama take over your life? Are you happier?

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


January 20th, 2014, 8:58 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.